WHO'S NEXT!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess they're shutin up
Old 10-28-2002, 07:12 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by quikcls
i guess they're shutin up
actually one who lives near Etown said he would show up and another who lives closer to me said he may or may not be able to make it so i'll have to make the trip up to maple groove at some point.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:40 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

TIME TO DROP SOME HAMMERS ON THOSE VW'S

Old 11-06-2002, 06:16 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

be careful w/ those VW's, ive seen some run quick times....they can be deceiving....if you wanna see the vid.....i'll have to email it to you cause i cant remember the site name
Old 11-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

zootking,
No doubt they are quick. I've seen one turbo vr6 run 12.9 at englishtown. This race involves stock v. stock so i think we should be ok
Old 11-07-2002, 01:06 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

The Golf GTI VR6 can run a CLS...
Old 11-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Instructor

no way
Old 11-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Racer

A stock 2002+ 6spd VR6 GTI CAN hang with a stock CL-S auto.
The 6spd CL-S however will pull on him but will not kill him. I don't think a lot of you guys know how quick the new VR6 GTIs are. I race my cousin all the time in my TLS. Both of us are stock, and our cars are pretty much neck and neck.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Zapata,
You're right, stock for stock you should be ok....may I suggest letting some tire pressure out on the fronts though, if not you may have a really hard time getting out of box....just some helpful advice so you get the victory
Old 11-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Zootking
Zapata,
You're right, stock for stock you should be ok....may I suggest letting some tire pressure out on the fronts though, if not you may have a really hard time getting out of box....just some helpful advice so you get the victory

Zootking,
Yea it'll be my first time at the track with the 6speed. I don't have stock tires. I have michelin pilot sport A/S 225/55/17. I had traction problems with them on my old CLS that had headers/intake/plugs/exhaust so we'll see how the current setup holds up.....i'm stock and will remain stock.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:14 PM

Originally posted by mikegunnz
A stock 2002+ 6spd VR6 GTI CAN hang with a stock CL-S auto.
The 6spd CL-S however will pull on him but will not kill him. I don't think a lot of you guys know how quick the new VR6 GTIs are. I race my cousin all the time in my TLS. Both of us are stock, and our cars are pretty much neck and neck.

You're talking about a TLS not a CLS.

The difference is HUGE, trust me. Either my CL came straight outta OHIO extra fast, or there is a MAJOR difference in the 2 cars.

I've raced lot's of TLS's when I was stock, and I've never had one beat me.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKid
You're talking about a TLS not a CLS.

The difference is HUGE, trust me. Either my CL came straight outta OHIO extra fast, or there is a MAJOR difference in the 2 cars.

I've raced lot's of TLS's when I was stock, and I've never had one beat me.
Old 11-12-2002, 08:12 PM
go like hell

my g/f's brother friend has a 02 Gti VR6 6 speed and he has headers,pipe and I think CAI on it. (before he got his GTI he had the old style Civic)(the ones that actually look good ) but those are pretty quick little boogers. I think it would be a pretty even race far as Stock vs Stock. only bad part about them they are heavy suckers at 3300 lbs:P . (I know the CL-S is heavier but for a car not much bigger than a Civic Si you'd think it would be like in the 2500 lb range).

only thing I like about the VW's vs the CL's 6 speed is I'm always worried going from 2nd to 3rd(cause you slide over and up ) I'd miss it and hit Reverse and nuke the tranny. well with VW you gotta push down on the shifter and put it in 1 i think
Old 11-13-2002, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

im sure someone from our side would like to hold up your challenge.

But the funny thing is that we offered the challenge already. At the Battle of the Imports. Like we said, we had our boy show up. Im just wondering if you had your top guy or any guy for that matter show up.

Also i have this feeling...........as if this will soon be closed.....i dont know y.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:21 AM
9th Gear

Dont we go through this everytime??

Id be more then happy to run at E-Town only i dont live near it.

Any VA/DC/MD guys wanna ,eet up at a track some weekend, let me know. Ill videotape it and host it.

Drew
Old 11-13-2002, 12:57 AM
10th Gear

I doubt anyone would show, Drew. There's a lot to be said for "saying" that you're going and actually going.

This debate is silly because no one from their side will step up. You already got stood up, Drew, so why are you bothering, man?

And they'll probably come up with some lame excuse or challenge like meet me here or meet me there and its always someplace where it would be next to impossible for you to go.

Check it out. One of these yokums will say, "okay, Drew, I'll race ya. Meet me next weekend at the Himalayas. Just go south from China and you'll hit a really big mountain range in Nepal. You can't miss it coz it's huge, so you have no excuse not to show up. I'll see you there, man. Don't be a chicken. Show up."
Old 11-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by rufstuff
I doubt anyone would show, Drew. There's a lot to be said for "saying" that you're going and actually going.

This debate is silly because no one from their side will step up. You already got stood up, Drew, so why are you bothering, man?

And they'll probably come up with some lame excuse or challenge like meet me here or meet me there and its always someplace where it would be next to impossible for you to go.

Check it out. One of these yokums will say, "okay, Drew, I'll race ya. Meet me next weekend at the Himalayas. Just go south from China and you'll hit a really big mountain range in Nepal. You can't miss it coz it's huge, so you have no excuse not to show up. I'll see you there, man. Don't be a chicken. Show up."
Nov 16........show or don't show we don't give a fuck.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:33 PM
2nd Gear

Drag your ass from the burbs of philly down to Harrisburg or York sometime and I will be glad to hand your ass to you.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:49 PM
Cruisin'

Our cars weigh 3300 pounds? When the hell did this start, I really don't remember my car EVER weighing 3300 pounds, even with me in it. Our cars curb weight is about 2900 pounds, almost 3000. Anyways, a stock for stock race, though will be for the most part even, is truthfully unfair, because there is a 10k difference in the price. How about we do a price for price race, then we will see who comes out on top. You guys are ridiculous, it is amazing how much you guys talk about dubs, it is like you guys have a fixation about us. We actually don't talk about you guys at all, mainly because we don't give a fuck
Old 11-13-2002, 01:33 PM
I love my CL-S

hahahaha "Price of price race"

that's the dumbest sentence ever..hahah

what a fucking pussy..a race is a race, no matter what kind of car you race and how big the turo is..a race is a race!!!
Old 11-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
hahahaha "Price of price race"

that's the dumbest sentence ever..hahah

what a fucking pussy..a race is a race, no matter what kind of car you race and how big the turo is..a race is a race!!!
Why are you talking about being a fucking pussy, you are the ones dead set on stock for stock, I think price for price is also a good race, it represents bang for the buck. No matter what kind of car you race and how big the turbo is, a race is a race, so shut the fuck up about this stock for stock shit.

Also, your lack of a good grasp of the English language won't help you in a race. What is a "turo" and a "Price of price race". You fucking mongoloid, how did you like discovering fire last week?
Old 11-13-2002, 02:39 PM
I love my CL-S

lol..stupid ass..sorry for those typo

YOU SHOULD have buy a Mustang in the first place if you "bang for the buck" is what you want :p

btw..i didnt say anyhing about stock or stock ..so stop jumping on me..all i saying a race is a race
Old 11-13-2002, 02:56 PM
2nd Gear

What the 1.8T guys here are saying is that the real beauty of our cars is that they are so responsive to mods. It is very possible to make the 1.8T run in the low 14's, high 13's with 1500 in mods and no Nawsss
Old 11-13-2002, 03:06 PM
I love my CL-S

yes i understand that,and our car is capble of doing that too

we have people running low 14's with just a header or bolt on mods. hell even a Mustang GT or GTP can do 13's for under 1k of mods..and you cant beat that ! :p

all im saying is that the price for price race is just simply funny and stupid
peace
Old 11-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Cruisin'

lol..stupid ass..sorry for those typo

YOU SHOULD have buy a Mustang in the first place if you "bang for the buck" is what you want :p

btw..i didnt say anyhing about stock or stock ..so stop jumping on me..all i saying a race is a race
That is fine, but I was countering the stock against stock argument, so it wasn't directed towards you WAS IT. There are other things that make our cars such good deals, I personally have heated leather seats etc, for me it is luxury/performance/sportiness and most of all potential. A CL is definitely a nice car, but this anti-vw inanity that is going around is ridiculous. If a CL beats a 2002 or 2003 VW 1.8t or VR6, it won't be a raping, and most likely with a good driver in both vehicles, they will be pretty close.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:15 PM
Cruisin'

yes i understand that,and our car is capble of doing that too

we have people running low 14's with just a header or bolt on mods. hell even a Mustang GT or GTP can do 13's for under 1k of mods..and you cant beat that ! :p

all im saying is that the price for price race is just simply funny and stupid
peace
With just a chip the 1.8t is doing 14s easily, and how much does the GT or GTP cost to begin with? My price for price comparison was a response to the stock for stock race argument. You are the one that is stupid and funny for not seeing that.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:35 PM
4th Gear

yo zapatos when was our date at etown again i forgot.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Saturday, Nov 16th is when there will be MANY CL's at Englishtown. (Acura wars) I'll be there with my not so stock auto CLS.... I'd be glad to run any of you...

BTW.. That Turbo VR6 that Zapata mentioned that ran at E-town is my friend's. He upgrading the turbo right now and expects to be in the 11's... Sick sick car
Old 11-13-2002, 05:08 PM
9th Gear

Ok, Ill ATTEMPT to step up here. Id like everyone to look for a couple cars at E-TOWN on the 16th k?

Ill list a couple for you and give you there recent numbers.

Mojave Beige GTI 1.8T - Currently running low 13's and hopefully cracking into the 12's on a 35 SHOT, and without the bottle capapable of pulling 13.7's.

Silver GTI 1.8T - Deep in the 14's on the verge of cracking 13's with 3 mods.

And then there should be another 3-5 misc 1.8's running the usual mid to low 14's as well.

Ill check back with this thread or a new thread that im hoping someone will post after its over. BTW: If anyone would like to take some pics from the weekend please do...the more evidence the better.

Also, dont come back here saying you ran 14.11 @ 102mph or something....just post the timeslip....if you dont have a digital camera or a scanner ask a friend.

Drew
Old 11-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Can you VW peeps not READ????

STOCK v. STOCK MEANS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MODS.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Zapata
Can you VW peeps not READ????

STOCK v. STOCK MEANS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MODS.
Are you fucking stupid? We know what stock vs stock means you fucking knuckle dragger. I was saying that if you want to play that stock vs stock game, lets also play msrp vs msrp. Christ, where did you leave your opposible digits? Maybe you guys don't know english up in the chiapas
Old 11-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by chickenbak
Are you fucking stupid? We know what stock vs stock means you fucking knuckle dragger. I was saying that if you want to play that stock vs stock game, lets also play msrp vs msrp. Christ, where did you leave your opposible digits? Maybe you guys don't know english up in the chiapas

First i left'em between your sisters legs, then i went in between your moms legs :p Chill out man......

UP in Chiapas???? Learn direction......... From texas, it would mean DOWN in Chiapas.......

MSRP v MSRP? Dude, it was your crowd that ran over to this board and started talking shit after one of your very own got ROASTED. If you can't/won't believe the stories that's one thing but when you start racing it's run what ya brung. BTW, you have forced induction and we don't so there........ :p
Old 11-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Cruisin'

First i left'em between your sisters legs, then i went in between your moms legs :p Chill out man......

UP in Chiapas???? Learn direction......... From texas, it would mean DOWN in Chiapas.......

MSRP v MSRP? Dude, it was your crowd that ran over to this board and started talking shit after one of your very own got ROASTED. If you can't/won't believe the stories that's one thing but when you start racing it's run what ya brung. BTW, you have forced induction and we don't so there........ :p
Look genius, I meant in altitude, as in UP in chiapas. I wasn't the one talking shit, but you guys are the ones that are giving this stock vs stock bs, a race is a race, and if you want to play those games, msrp vs msrp is a fun game. It isn't about believing the stories, it is about your arrogant ass attitudes that your overpriced accords aren't the end all in performance.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Look genius, I meant in altitude, as in UP in chiapas. I wasn't the one talking shit, but you guys are the ones that are giving this stock vs stock bs, a race is a race, and if you want to play those games, msrp vs msrp is a fun game. It isn't about believing the stories, it is about your arrogant ass attitudes that your overpriced accords aren't the end all in performance.
Dude whatever....... If you want to race then you race. Don't starting complaining about how much the car costs etc., If you think it's that much of a disadvantage then DO NOT RACE IT!

Stock v. Stock CLS AUTO the race will be close but I really think the CLS will win. Now the story is completely different with the 6speed the 1.8T just doesn't have enough. Refer to the story below:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=84362

The CLS is modded but you get the picture.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:36 PM
Cruisin'

Dude whatever....... If you want to race then you race. Don't starting complaining about how much the car costs etc., If you think it's that much of a disadvantage then DO NOT RACE IT!

Stock v. Stock CLS AUTO the race will be close but I really think the CLS will win. Now the story is completely different with the 6speed the 1.8T just doesn't have enough. Refer to the story below:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=84362

The CLS is modded but you get the picture.
Dude, you still aren't seeing my point, for all you guys crying the stock vs stock game, I say lets run msrp vs msrp instead, but I would rather run what you brung. You are comparing a modded vehicle to a stock vehicle and then saying that that proves a stock vs stock race Come on man, you guys are Acura drivers, don't be ignorant like Honda drivers.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:41 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Dude, you still aren't seeing my point, for all you guys crying the stock vs stock game, I say lets run msrp vs msrp instead, but I would rather run what you brung. You are comparing a modded vehicle to a stock vehicle and then saying that that proves a stock vs stock race Come on man, you guys are Acura drivers, don't be ignorant like Honda drivers.

Look weather cooperating i'll be at englishtown raceway in NJ this sat, november 16. I'm completely stock. If you want to have some of your brethren show up and have some friendly races then that's cool.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:12 PM
aka gimmesomesugar

stock vs stock

msrp vs msrp

n/a vs n/a

f/i vs f/i

blah, blah, blah

anybody wanna race me in the 100 metre dash? I got some new Nikes that I wanna try...guess I'm no longer stock...mebbe I still might be msrp though...hahahaha
Old 11-13-2002, 07:32 PM
I love my CL-S

msrp vs msrp

I will have to tell my friends about this on other car forums

btw..how the fuck are we gonna race you since our car cost more already?????? does that mean we can never race you??
Old 11-13-2002, 07:33 PM
I love my CL-S

i wonder what other vw owners has to say about this msrp vs msrp crap

maybe they are speechless like me too