! + VSA Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 04:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
! + VSA Light

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would shop this around; Pulled my CL out this spring and the ! + VSA be light were both on. Thought nothing of it because I thought I remembered a reset process with the odometer. Think again.

So I just sat down to clear this and I’m not having much luck. Used my Lemur scanner and did a full module scan and nothing came up (I understand that the lemur might not have access to the full abs module system… it does have some access though. I just don’t know how much. No codes anyway. I tried the manual ABS/VSA reset. I went through the ABS reset and then the grounding on pin 9 for the VSA reset with no luck.

just inspected both w wheel speed sensors on the front. No signs of visual damage. Cleaned off the ends of the sensors and then went for a drive with no change.

Is there anything else I can try or do I need to go get a better scanner?
Old Today, 11:50 AM
I am dumb

Received 206 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Dat Guy
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would shop this around; Pulled my CL out this spring and the ! + VSA be light were both on. Thought nothing of it because I thought I remembered a reset process with the odometer. Think again.

So I just sat down to clear this and I’m not having much luck. Used my Lemur scanner and did a full module scan and nothing came up (I understand that the lemur might not have access to the full abs module system… it does have some access though. I just don’t know how much. No codes anyway. I tried the manual ABS/VSA reset. I went through the ABS reset and then the grounding on pin 9 for the VSA reset with no luck.

just inspected both w wheel speed sensors on the front. No signs of visual damage. Cleaned off the ends of the sensors and then went for a drive with no change.

Is there anything else I can try or do I need to go get a better scanner?
Short the pins in the OBD2 port like you did (I believe #4 & #9; black & brown wires), and count the blinks on the ABS light when turning it to electronics. Slow blinks are the first number, fast blinks are the second number. That's your code. Check here or the service manual for the code. I have the manual if you need me to check, because I'm dealing with a similar issue and have been using the same pages. I have the yellow triangle on, but no SRS, VSA, or ABS lights come on. Only the yellow triangle. Frustrating.