VSA??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2001, 12:42 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA??

Guys...

Today in the Blizzard, after getting in my little accident I noticed that when I was skidding on a steep hill the Triangle Exclamation point was lighting up like it usually does when the car is slipping. I always thought it was the Traction Control kicking in.
Today I got stuck behind someone that stopped in the middle of the hill so I had no choice but to stop. I knew I would be in trouble. I started back up and I was barely moving and the Triangle light was blinking and I was just barely moving but not skidding. Then all of a sudden, the VSA on the right hand side of the dashboard lights up and the tires started going really fast shifting power from one tire to the other. It got me up the hill without a problem, but the light never went off till I shut the car off.

I guess my question is whether or not that was supposed to happen. The triangle light was blinking for a while. I know that the damage from my accident was only cosmetic.

Thanks

------------------
--------------
2001 CL-S w/ Nav
Blk/Blk
Spoiler - Bra - Mud - Visor
Old 02-06-2001, 12:59 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alenda26:
Guys...

Today in the Blizzard, after getting in my little accident I noticed that when I was skidding on a steep hill the Triangle Exclamation point was lighting up like it usually does when the car is slipping. I always thought it was the Traction Control kicking in.
Today I got stuck behind someone that stopped in the middle of the hill so I had no choice but to stop. I knew I would be in trouble. I started back up and I was barely moving and the Triangle light was blinking and I was just barely moving but not skidding. Then all of a sudden, the VSA on the right hand side of the dashboard lights up and the tires started going really fast shifting power from one tire to the other. It got me up the hill without a problem, but the light never went off till I shut the car off.

I guess my question is whether or not that was supposed to happen. The triangle light was blinking for a while. I know that the damage from my accident was only cosmetic.

Thanks

</font>
Computers do not bull shit you. VSA was active, it means you needed. You said it got u up the hill, so what's the problem?

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 02-06-2001, 01:07 AM
Advanced

My problem was that why doesnt it kick in that way all the time? Does your Triangle light go on when you need it?

I've been driving this car all winter and this is the first time this other light went on. Instead of the Exclamation point (like usual) The VSA light went on.

I guess your right though about it getting me up the hill.

------------------
--------------
2001 CL-S w/ Nav
Blk/Blk
Spoiler - Bra - Mud - Visor
Old 02-06-2001, 01:24 AM
Team Owner

The VSA light should flash when active, but it shouldn’t stay on that long when driving.

According to the HELM manual, if the VSA light fails to go out you should check the ECU fuse in the driver’s under-dash fuse box.

If the fuse is OK there is another series of tests to perform.
You may have loosened something in the crash.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-06-2001, 01:38 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

The "yellow exclamation point" means your tires did not have enough resources. They probably couldn't find and IRQ.

------------------
It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot!

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote

[This message has been edited by Rock Dog (edited 02-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rock Dog (edited 02-06-2001).]
Old 02-06-2001, 01:44 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Note also, when you disable VSA, the triangle will be on all the time. Maybe u hit the off switch by mistake... CHECK IT.

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 02-06-2001, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
each time you turn your car off it automatically re-engages VSA...the ! does flash when vsa is being used meaning wheels are slipping but the other thing i dont know...have it checked

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeR
Sundance Platinum
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
Old 02-06-2001, 01:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

This has happened to me also, the VSA kicks in and then the light stays on. Which would mean that it is disabled. No the button was not pushed. I'm due for my first oil change and will have the dealer check it out.

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 02-06-2001, 08:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i think that i as well as some other people are confused because you mention the '!' and the 'vsa' light (2 separate lights).

the '!' should blink when the vsa is actively doing it's job and stay on when you switch it off from the switch.

from my undrestanding, the 'vsa' (NOT the '!') light should only come on for a few seconds when you start up the car or when there is a problem.

vsa saved my freakin life yesterday...the site i was working at was snowed out, so me and my buddy decided to go to atlantic city (came home +$190), 30min. from AC, i was doing 65mph and merging to the right lane from the left...the center (white hashes) was icy, so i lost control for 3 sec. (rear was squirrely as it wanted to go straight when i wanted to go to the right lane), but vsa came on and i was able to get it on the straight and narrow in another 4 sec. (i tried to compensate by doing the 'turn into the skid' thing, but all that did was bring me back into the other lane for 2 sec. until i realized i should just do what i wanted to do in the first place and just merge into the right lane like i wanted to do before).

thank God, 'cuz the closest car was 1/8 mile behind me, but there was also another car in the median 1/4 mile ahead up against the foliage (a guy w/o vsa wiped out).
Old 08-05-2001, 10:44 PM
tjg
4th Gear

This is an old topic so I'm not sure if anybody will reply. Oh well, here goes...

I was glad to read that the VSA was useful for folks in snow and ice. I have not had an experience it which it helped, but a daily situation in which it is an annoyance. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California. No snow usually, but plenty of curvey mountain roads. There are particular spots where road irregularities (ridges, road patches, etc) cause the VSA to kick in when it shouldn't. Basically it gets faked out that I am about to lose traction. And of course the more aggresive I drive, the more it kicks in. When it kicks in in the middle of a turn, the car starts drifting to the outside of the car. It is disconcerting and dangerous!

Yes, I can just turn it off. I in fact do so in the few places on my normal commute, and on one other road for the whole length. However, It would be great to have the safety protection, and not have it be faked out.

Anybody else have this problem? Have you found some way to adjust it so it is less sensitive? I've talked to Acura, but they have not been able to do anything for me.

Thanks
Cruzin