V1 or Police Scanner?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 06:06 AM
Prostyle Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 or Police Scanner?????

hey all,

I am looking for a radar and up to now i am planning to buy a V1. I heard alot of things about it and they all impress me due to the fact i will use it for mostly the hardy toll road and 59 here in houston.

I am also wondering if anyone has had experiences with police scanners in their car and how they add up to radars. I know some things about scanners suchs as you know where the cops are stationed.

I am just wondering which would be a better investment for the advantages both of them provide.

This in no sense is a insult to any of you with V1 and am just curious, please no flames i am not in the mood.

So your experiences and input will be very useful.

later and keep on rolling,
Dantes
Old 07-17-2001, 09:18 AM
Team Owner

V1......
Who want’s to listen to police chatter when you have a 6-disc CD changer in the dash ???
I doubt they report their whereabouts all the time anyway.

Shawn S
Old 07-17-2001, 10:17 AM
At least it's not Jersey

I had a scanner in my car before I bought the CL and it was helpful in some cases but you really had to pay attention to it, meaning no radio playing. Then CT went to a digital trunk system that's encrypted so the scanner was useless.

It was the Uniden Bear scanner that had all the states programmed and warned you when it picked up the low powered repeaters in their cruisers. The thing went off all the time. I shut the warnings off and just listened for signal strength. The more clear the signal, the closer they were. Made me more paranoid than anything!
Old 07-17-2001, 04:52 PM
Prostyle Owner

Hmm, shawn you bring up a very good point, lol.

Neech thnaks for the info about them switching systems they probably do that here in tx. And i guess the V1 tells you where they are too with the arrows, lol.

Okay i am going for the v1 thanks you guys for the info on both methods

Dantes
Old 07-17-2001, 05:14 PM
Retired Post Whore

Get the V1. I rather listen to music than people talk.
Old 07-17-2001, 08:50 PM
Post it

I have the BearTracker BCT-12 and it works pretty good. The best part about it is repeating everything the cops say on the scanner over my CB (channel 17). They HATE that!! Eventually they will just start talking in numbers.

The only times it has ever helped me is in the middle of nowhere when I hear a cop report their location or when they say what mile marker they are at. It is also useful to find out about accidents or find out when a cop pulls behind you if you're going to get pulled over. Sometimes you can find out other information as well...Unfortunately, I'm always listening to music so I rarely hear what the cops have to say.

Get the V1 or the Phasar (radar detector/radar jamar). Both are much more useful for speeding tickets, but probably not as much fun.