Update on the Navi Update!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003 | 10:57 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Update on the Navi Update!!!!

I don't know if anyone else has posted this info but I just got off the phone with Acura and they have told me that the schedule is as follows:

March '03 - Minor Upgrade
September '03 - Major Upgrade

Sounds like a crock-a-shit to me!!!!
Old 02-18-2003 | 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Old 02-18-2003 | 11:56 AM
The Creator

THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!!!!

HEY ACURA..... FUCK YOU!!!!

The FUCKING ACCORD has a fucking BETTER NAVI then your FUCKING PREMIUM LINE OF VEHICLES

YOU STUPID SHITS.

FUCK ALL. LAST FUKIN ACURA FOR ME!!!
Old 02-18-2003 | 12:49 PM
Unregistered Member

Relax killer.....you know damn well that Acura will have the next generation Navi soon (it's already in the MDX) considering the all new TL will soon debut.

You didn't expect them to redesign the dash/navi for one more year of the CL, did you? LOL.....
Old 02-18-2003 | 03:27 PM
The Creator

ITS THE FUCKING MAPPING THAT IT NEEDS TO HAVE.

i dont give a fuck about the interface. mine is ifne...

but we were supposed to get FULL coverage LAST YEAR...

NavTech completed mapping the entire US and Canada 2 years ago and Acura has had that data available to them.

Their milking the fuck out of the $150 dvds.
Old 02-18-2003 | 03:39 PM
Team Owner

soo much for an accurate nav system, i say we all strip the nav system and replace it with a full dvd system, and mail back the junk nav to acura for them to use as toilet seat entertainment for their big wigs.
Old 02-18-2003 | 03:43 PM
Working with Lumberg.

I'm -w- Soopa on this one. FUCK THEM!!!

This is really getting old...

G35c on the way.
Old 02-18-2003 | 05:32 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by Soopa™
ITS THE FUCKING MAPPING THAT IT NEEDS TO HAVE.

i dont give a fuck about the interface. mine is ifne...

but we were supposed to get FULL coverage LAST YEAR...

NavTech completed mapping the entire US and Canada 2 years ago and Acura has had that data available to them.

Their milking the fuck out of the $150 dvds.
Oh..... I didn't realize you were complaining about the mapping.

So are you saying that the mapping in the next generation (Accord/MDX etc..) is complete? Or are you only assuming that it has more mapped cities than the latest version available for our systems?
Old 02-18-2003 | 05:34 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by devnull
I'm -w- Soopa on this one. FUCK THEM!!!

This is really getting old...

G35c on the way.
Don't look now, but the Infiniti system doesn't even have as much detailed mapping as the Acura system.

At least that what I've heard from people that own both Infiniti and Acura navigation systems.
Old 02-18-2003 | 06:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

You people are so dramatic. Wah wah wah Something better came out. Wah wah wah. Its not perfect. Wah wah wah. Full coverage would be nice for those that travel to out of the way places or Canada but its not like your HAVE to buy new DVDs every year. My DVD is fine for where I live and I won't buy a new one until (if) a full coverage one is released.
Old 02-18-2003 | 06:38 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by mt6forlife
You people are so dramatic. Wah wah wah Something better came out. Wah wah wah. Its not perfect. Wah wah wah. Full coverage would be nice for those that travel to out of the way places or Canada but its not like your HAVE to buy new DVDs every year. My DVD is fine for where I live and I won't buy a new one until (if) a full coverage one is released.
Are you aware that changes could be made in your area, even if it's fully mapped already?

New roads, updated points of interest, new icons etc....
Old 02-18-2003 | 06:58 PM
boosted is best

Well said!!!

There will always be something new that makes what you have look old and dysfunctional and make you wanton of this new found wonder. A couple of years ago, the CL Nav was about the best that was out. So it's gotten a little aged. Why don't you guy just trade in your CLs for another car that has the Nav you want. Isn't this like the tail wagging the dog?

-g
Old 02-18-2003 | 07:06 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by cls6sp03
Well said!!!

There will always be something new that makes what you have look old and dysfunctional and make you wanton of this new found wonder. A couple of years ago, the CL Nav was about the best that was out. So it's gotten a little aged. Why don't you guy just trade in your CLs for another car that has the Nav you want. Isn't this like the tail wagging the dog?

-g
I think you missed the point, big time....

What they are bitching about is the fact that Acura has not yet released an updated DVD for the Navi that is fully mapped. This has been talked about for 2 years now, yet there is no such DVD available.

So why would anyone trade their CL for a car with a different navi???? Makes no sense......
Old 02-18-2003 | 07:07 PM
Race Director

Guess you won't be buying a full coverage one.

I doubt seriously a full coverage DVD is going to happen at this point. Certainly they will cancel that effort. It just doesn't make sense to create a minor and then a late major at the end of 03.

Guess I'm going to invest in getting a copy of the latest update. No way I'm gonna pay $150 for something less than full. And in the beginning, my coverage was adequate but after three years (four full years at the end of 03) in a growing city like Kansas City, my current DVD (probably the second version) gets old really fast.

This is disappointing.
Old 02-18-2003 | 07:25 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Well, I love the nav system, and my area is well mapped out, but I still want the upgrades as available. As Tom2 said, there are always updates to roads, and (especially) POIs. New restaurants pop up everyday.

The nav system is more then a moving map. It's a database of historic sites, amusement parks, restaurants, banks, ATMs, gas stations, florists...

Hell, you get a new phone book every year.

(Before the days of Mapquest and Nav systems) I would get a new Thomas guide every year.

We should get an updated database every year.

And, frankly, $150 for a DVD is expensive. An honest charge would be competitive with other DVDs (somewhere in $10 - 40 range), and a more appropriate charge would be 'free' to Acura owners that invested in the system in the first place.

Will I fork out the $150? Probably, because I can afford it. But that doesn't make it right...
Old 02-19-2003 | 01:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

oh damn..i don't have navi...otherwise i'd join you guys and bitch like no tomorrow..hahaha
Old 02-19-2003 | 01:19 AM
Under the radar

LOL, I drove on a nonexistant road the other day, I was just floating in gray space...

Really though, it should be free or drastically cheaper especially if you are under the warrantyperiod and shelled out the extra bucks for the NAV system. One of those nice "we LOVE our customers" gestures would be cool.
Old 02-19-2003 | 02:12 AM
Pro

Originally posted by CLSter

Really though, it should be free or drastically cheaper especially if you are under the warrantyperiod and shelled out the extra bucks for the NAV system.

One of those nice "we LOVE our customers" gestures would be cool.
keep dreaming!
Old 02-19-2003 | 03:46 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

I kinda like Slyraskal's idea about the toilet thing!?!!

I agree, these DVDs are wayy too expensive. It's a fukkin disk of a map! It should be free or at least cheaper. I would have no problem paying $150 if it also included 20 or so movies on them so I can enjoy my ride to wherever I'm going
Old 02-19-2003 | 01:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Slimey
Well, I love the nav system, and my area is well mapped out, but I still want the upgrades as available. As Tom2 said, there are always updates to roads, and (especially) POIs. New restaurants pop up everyday.

The nav system is more then a moving map. It's a database of historic sites, amusement parks, restaurants, banks, ATMs, gas stations, florists...

Hell, you get a new phone book every year.

(Before the days of Mapquest and Nav systems) I would get a new Thomas guide every year.

We should get an updated database every year.

And, frankly, $150 for a DVD is expensive. An honest charge would be competitive with other DVDs (somewhere in $10 - 40 range), and a more appropriate charge would be 'free' to Acura owners that invested in the system in the first place.

Will I fork out the $150? Probably, because I can afford it. But that doesn't make it right...
We already paid about 1500~2000 for the system...hell, its not like at least 50% of that was pure profit for Acura and the dealer. Charge me if you must, but make it cheap, other nav systems (like the aftermarket Garmin handhelds and car mounts) use DVD's in the $40 range...$150 is
Old 02-19-2003 | 03:16 PM
Banned

Goddamn!!! Just come out with a true release!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2003 | 06:40 PM
Adult Supervision

My dealer promised me free upgrades to the Nav system

......I guess he can do that when there aren't any....;D
Old 02-19-2003 | 07:13 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Slimey

So will I. But not in late 2003 or early 2004.