Under the Hood Upgrades - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under the Hood Upgrades - HELP

Bare with me folks, I'm a rookie to all this.

I want to add some stuff under my hood. I was thinking about going with headers and cold air intake. I got a few questions though.

Will this make a noticeable difference in the speed?
Will it make my gas mileage better or worse?
How much will it cost and is it worth the money?
Can someone recommend some brands that I should go with?
And finally, will it void my warranty?
Old 05-26-2004, 01:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: Under the Hood Upgrades - HELP

Originally posted by ancz9
Bare with me folks, I'm a rookie to all this.

I want to add some stuff under my hood. I was thinking about going with headers and cold air intake. I got a few questions though.

Will this make a noticeable difference in the speed?
Will it make my gas mileage better or worse?
How much will it cost and is it worth the money?
Can someone recommend some brands that I should go with?
And finally, will it void my warranty?
In order

1) Yes. You'll definitely feel a difference with headers and the intake, especially over 4500rpms

2) Technically gas mileage will improve since airflow will improve, however, if you drive faster it will go down

3) I believe both mods are worth the money. We have pretty good prices, so check our site ( www.c-c-c.net ) for current pricing.

4) Headers, I'd go with Comptech or OBX, although many people prefer the Comptech due to their high quality. Intake would be either AEM or Injen. You could also buy a Comptech Icebox which gives slightly more gains then the other two.. but is also more money.

5) Warranty will not be voided unless that particular mod caused the problem. Check out the FAQ page on the site I linked above for some good reading.

Welcome aboard and have fun modding
Old 05-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
For headers, there are 3 brands comptech, stone, and obx. The comptech are 1000 new and by far the best. The other 2 are alot cheaper probably 300-400, but require some minor fitting. The comptech headers should add about 30whp.

For air intake, you could go with the aem, injen, or comptech icebox. The aem is alot louder than the comptech which is made to be more silent. I would recommend the icebox. It sells for like 250 new. The icebox should be around 10whp. When you put the headers and icebox on, you can't just add up the hp numbers doesnt work that way.

About voiding the warranty, I'd think you'd be fine, but it all depends on the dealer you go too. There are acura dealers that sell and install these parts for customers.

Oh and just so you know try using the search button on the top right. It is your friend. Welcome aboard
Old 05-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Re: Re: Under the Hood Upgrades - HELP

Originally posted by juniorbean
In order

1) Yes. You'll definitely feel a difference with headers and the intake, especially over 4500rpms

2) Technically gas mileage will improve since airflow will improve, however, if you drive faster it will go down

3) I believe both mods are worth the money. We have pretty good prices, so check our site ( www.c-c-c.net ) for current pricing.

4) Headers, I'd go with Comptech or OBX, although many people prefer the Comptech due to their high quality. Intake would be either AEM or Injen. You could also buy a Comptech Icebox which gives slightly more gains then the other two.. but is also more money.

5) Warranty will not be voided unless that particular mod caused the problem. Check out the FAQ page on the site I linked above for some good reading.

Welcome aboard and have fun modding
heh beat me by under a minute junior
Old 05-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. I didn't know headers would be so much. I'm about to get some rims for it (18 inch Niche Rhines) so I think I'll just go with the Comptech icebox until I stack up some more chips.