Umm,you guys really need to hear this.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 03:04 AM
cmng 2 a lawschool near u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Umm,you guys really need to hear this.

Well, before this evening I had never lost to any civic, regardless of what kind. Now keep in mind, I choose my races wisely, so I don't take off after a lot of these drag civics. But back to the point. I was ddriving down 135th street(in Kansas) and this black civic ex comes flying by me. Well we pull up to a stoplight and I know I should race, but I figure once in a year of once in a few months is ok. But we don't launch, but we nail it at exactly the same time going about 10 miles an hour. This civic takes off, he put a about a half car length on me until 60, after that I started to very slowly close the gap, but I never pulled ahead. Well we race a couple more times with the same turnouts. Wen I pull over into a parking lot, I asked him to pop his hood. He had a CAI, header, msd ignition, straight pipes and a full cat back exhaust. Then I took a look inside and saw nitrous gauges, along with an S-AFC. Luckily he didn't use nitrous with me hence why I kept up so well. Then he also pointed out a few other mods and informed me that he wasted about2500-3000 dollars on all that stuf. He was pretty pissed that he didn't beat me TOO badly. TO DATE, THIS IS THE FIRST CIVIC I HAVE EVER LOST TO. (I choose me races carefully), this civic was definitely a sleeper, no wing, no wheels, no drop, and only one sticker, and even that was pretty well blended in. I hate to say it, but I got tossed by a civic EX. (not an SI)
Old 12-18-2004, 04:17 AM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KC CL 1785
Well, before this evening I had never lost to any civic, regardless of what kind. Now keep in mind, I choose my races wisely, so I don't take off after a lot of these drag civics. But back to the point. I was ddriving down 135th street(in Kansas) and this black civic ex comes flying by me. Well we pull up to a stoplight and I know I should race, but I figure once in a year of once in a few months is ok. But we don't launch, but we nail it at exactly the same time going about 10 miles an hour. This civic takes off, he put a about a half car length on me until 60, after that I started to very slowly close the gap, but I never pulled ahead. Well we race a couple more times with the same turnouts. Wen I pull over into a parking lot, I asked him to pop his hood. He had a CAI, header, msd ignition, straight pipes and a full cat back exhaust. Then I took a look inside and saw nitrous gauges, along with an S-AFC. Luckily he didn't use nitrous with me hence why I kept up so well. Then he also pointed out a few other mods and informed me that he wasted about2500-3000 dollars on all that stuf. He was pretty pissed that he didn't beat me TOO badly. TO DATE, THIS IS THE FIRST CIVIC I HAVE EVER LOST TO. (I choose me races carefully), this civic was definitely a sleeper, no wing, no wheels, no drop, and only one sticker, and even that was pretty well blended in. I hate to say it, but I got tossed by a civic EX. (not an SI)
Couple things don't feel bad Civics are light. VERY LIGHT if they are gutted. for example I autocross a 89 CRX Si with me in it only weighs 2200-2300 lbs. but we gutted the interior. I just blew up my Si motor in my CRX I'm trying to talk my sponcer/ g/f''s uncle(because he pays to fix the car) to put in a Spoon B20C5 motor(it's a B18C5 stroked) it would be a direct bolt. it will easy put down 220 hp without mods.(right now we're only putting down 125 or 130 at the wheels) I highly doubt that he'll get me a Spoon motor but it would be tight as hell. he'll either rebuilt this one or order a new one. because if we'd put in that Spoon motor it would throw me into Street Touring Unlimited not Street Touring Stock(don't ask me why they say its "stock" when it isn't) we have CAI,headers,cat-back, coil-overs, MSD iginition,wires,plugs, roll cage(with camera mount), about 5 lbs of stickers and graphics(gotta keep sponcers happy) plus One sticker says STICKERS ADD HORSEPOWER .
plus i've drove the S2000 a few times and i've known no offence below about 3000 or 4000 rpms it's kind of weenie. once you hit 4000+ RPMs it's like being shot out of a gun
I think the Civics have a better bottom end. so if you were racing short distances that could be why.
another reason why is Civics have a "shorter" first gear. meaning he'd get a holeshot easier. if re-geared the tranny he might have put in a lower first gear. this is common among like Mustangs and Vettes if they drag a lot they put in like a 4.10 or 3.83 first gear to get out of the "hole"quicker. you use more gas but ah what the hell.

a lot depends on how he had his car set up man.
if he had it set up for short drags it's okay man that's what he specialized in.

but the thing with the S2000 is it's a good all around sports car.
it's sleek,sexy, corners well, does good at the drag strip, plus you can rev the fudge out of it. you take his little EX up to 9000 RPM it will probably throw the rod through the block. your S2000 will take it.(my dad works at the factory where they make all civics,accord and V-6 motors for Honda/Acuras). your S2000 engine and car was a Japan car.
a stock civic block won't take NOS and harsh abuse for long. so if you see him sitting on road side. I've tore down my CRX motor tons of times. plus i've tore down my friends Civic motors the rods in them are TINY. so either he needs to build a motor for racing(like a Spoon b20c5 motor or a Integra GS-R motor and run a larger turbo) or quit racing with that. because that motor is short lived. He needs a Forged bottom end if he's gonna run NOS and high horsepower. I should run Forged on my CRX but we're on a budget so i doubt if we will. but i've blown 2 engines in 2 years
plus unless you upgrade the clutches on Civics they suck. I've blown 2 clutches on the CRX. usually end of the season the clutch starts slipping and almost to the point you push it in and theres nothing. but then again you take it up to 4-5 thousand RPM take offs and dump the clutch isn't good on it. you do that probably 400-500 times in a season at least. the last one was a racing clutch too. So the next 3-4 months I got a clutch to replace and a motor to overhaul or replace.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
what car were u driving when u lost to this civic...the CL 2.2?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:41 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
what car were u driving when u lost to this civic...the CL 2.2?

he must have because his other car is a super charged S2000 a civic with all those bolt on's isnt going to be running with a STOCK s2000 "with out nitrous" never the less a low 13 se super charged S2000.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
By choosing your races "carefully" and "wisely", you mean you choose Civics that look like you could beat?

That's the only way I can translate that. That's so weak.

Oh, and no wonder you lost. That must be the first car on the planet that has straight pipes and a catback exhaust system!

That's like saying my engine is an I-4 integrated into a V6.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:05 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SanJoseRoller
he must have because his other car is a super charged S2000 a civic with all those bolt on's isnt going to be running with a STOCK s2000 "with out nitrous" never the less a low 13 se super charged S2000.
Unless this race took place in May of this year, he doesn't have the S/C'd S2000 anymore. Says so in his sig.

I'd still say he was in his CL at the time of this race however. Even a well driven stock S2k shouldn't lose to a modded Civic when not on the bottle.

Nice death. :smitty:
Old 12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
something witty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread was started almost 2 years ago!

this is like the 3rd OLD ASS thread i have seen in the past 2 days that water-s has bumped. :'(