Type-S v.s. S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type-S v.s. S-Type

I can't tell you how long I've waited for this. Before I begin lemme just say that nearly every 'Buffy' or 'Preston' I've run into at a stop light simply turned their nose up at me as if I were in a rusted out Yugo or a fire damaged Pinto.

Anyways, I'm going I-95 North towards Port St. Lucie. I'm already cruising at a decent 80mph and slipping easily past slower traffic. Some guy in a sea blue Jaguar comes rolling up on me. I let him pass me so I can see what I'm dealing with. As he rolls by I noticed the badges. He's driving an S-type. Goodie for me.

I knew I could take any V6 Jaguar from a dig with a car that weighed over 4000 pounds but what can a S-Type do at highway speeds? Okay, so we switch roles. I give him a few hundred feet, then I start to pursue. He's watching me make a slow gain on him and decides to gun it.

Judging by the rate he moved away from me I knew I could take him, so I played with him a little more while we were easing through traffic. When the roads cleared I pulled up beside him. We're doing around 120--I'm at the top of 3rd and jam it into 4th but there was no point where the Jaguar ever had a chance. At 134mph the dude is several car lengths behind. He tried but he just never had a chance.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goon!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:01 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
nice kill man i had a lil encounter with a jaguar today too it was a jaguar xj older style the guy wanted to drive slow on the highway
then when i switch lanes to get around him he decides to floor it so i give it too i was in auto mode so i didnt get to my powerband till after a few seconds and thats when i started pulling on him then after i cut him off then he went back to driving slow lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kdawg8526
nice kill man i had a lil encounter with a jaguar today too it was a jaguar xj older style the guy wanted to drive slow on the highway
then when i switch lanes to get around him he decides to floor it so i give it too i was in auto mode so i didnt get to my powerband till after a few seconds and thats when i started pulling on him then after i cut him off then he went back to driving slow lol.
Damn. That was a rare encounter. I've never been able to coax a XJ into a street race. Most of the people I've seen drive those have that bald eagle white hair and a turkey neck or some stuffy broad wearing one of those floppy sun hats and oversized sunglasses. However, I did make a go at it with a guy in a XKR. Yes, as expected, he walked away from me like I was standing still. Nice experience, though.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
damn xkr eh nice try though lol.. and yeah the guy in the xj was some 40 year old'ish balding white guy he thought he could shut me down with his expensive car haha