turbo cl

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
I just want to see some more info on his setup. The possibility that someone put down more power is a hell of alot more interesting then someone posting up bling Bling Chrome Wheels. Thats personal taste and is opinion driven, can not be compared to a performance part unless its a Tornado or electric supercharger, which can be proven to benefit the vehicle with numbers.

Edit * And No I'm not saying Tornado and Electric Charger gives more numbers... this was directed toward his turbo setup.

Ha ha...

it might be more interesting but again if you didn't understand my point then oh well. To someone else, rims may be more interesting then performance parts. To each is his own. I've been done turbo road and built motor road on my TL so in all honestly, it would be nice to get information about his setup but I can care less. If you look at my post, I never flammed the guy but I did ask questions because some things didn't make sense to me(which is why the questions were asked).

This is a automobile forum I believe. Guess I'm wrong for stating my thoughts on the matter, but not flamming the guy.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As far as I'm concerned I think a lot of you guys are hating because you spent more money and made less power. This guy has hit the maximum potential for this engine considering it's a fwd and probably any more major gains you couldn't hold the car straight.

I can't imagine our engine in a RWD fully built running boost of 25 psi or more. He is a true tuner. If it wasn't for guys like him he like to push cars to their limits with car performance experiments there wouldn't be a tuner scene or aftermarket parts for this car or any car.

mad props to him and others like him just my
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Originally Posted by CLsuperhero
As far as I'm concerned I think a lot of you guys are hating because you spent more money and made less power. This guy has hit the maximum potential for this engine considering it's a fwd and probably any more major gains you couldn't hold the car straight.

I can't imagine our engine in a RWD fully built running boost of 25 psi or more. He is a true tuner. If it wasn't for guys like him he like to push cars to their limits with car performance experiments there wouldn't be a tuner scene or aftermarket parts for this car or any car.

mad props to him and others like him just my
I know I am.

Sorry for hating. Not sure what post I did it in though.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

This thread actually kinda reminds me of the thread that Ryan(Speedr73) made when he decided to turbo his TL(which give me the idea to turbo mine). He showed his parts list and many people say why use SSautochrome, blah, blah ..and he used it.

Ryan took what he saw/read and left it at that, not saying this guy should do the same but just saying in general.

As long as this guy is happy with his setup, I'm truelly happy for him. I think providing a detailed list of specs and/or what was used, would make the thread come back to life in a positive manner. I hope.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
I see he's lurking this thread....

Don't be discouraged by the haters dude. Please shine some more light on this setup. Myself and I'm certain many others would like more detail.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
B A N N E D

but we will never know now.

people complain about threads having no substance, and then hate on the guy for being different.

this is why I never post...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
I see he's lurking this thread....

Don't be discouraged by the haters dude. Please shine some more light on this setup. Myself and I'm certain many others would like more detail.

Agreed
Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by black label
His car would occasionally blow something (anything) but when you've got a motor tuned like a hand grenade, eventually somethings got to go. Thats where the passion to build something different than everyone else comes in.
I love some of the shit I read on here.

and I'd love to see the dyno sheet of this. That is a pretty huge gap in torque and HP, so I'd like to see what the graph looks like that makes those kinds of numbers.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I thought you guys read the part where he asked me to come by on wednesday to see his car. He gave me a time and location, I don't see how anyone can think it's not running. For the numbers themselves, hell, I'm sure he'll get around to scanning a dyno sheet and posting them if he feels like it.

If he will allow for me to take pics of the car, then I'll do so and post them with his permission.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i believe he may have 500+hp i dont doubt that. i do think he is childish in the fact that he wants to call me out for reasons that are un-known to me. all i did was state a fact that he built his kit with junk parts. GL making it last. out.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
I love some of the shit I read on here.

and I'd love to see the dyno sheet of this. That is a pretty huge gap in torque and HP, so I'd like to see what the graph looks like that makes those kinds of numbers.
My buddies hatch had a big gap between torque and HP. He had 567hp at the wheels and mid 300's on torque (24psi of boost) and that was an H22. Vtecs can respond very nicely to a turbo. He took that car as far as he could, sold it and moved on to another hatch, this time with the "frankenstein" home made Vtec conversion, then the turbo.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by rjurado_1215
sent to your email
Just noticed you're in Coppel, so why haven't you been to the AcuraZine Clubs & Meets forum, and posting on the AcuraZine/Acura Club of Dallas/Ft. Worth thread?

The thread is long so just go to the end and introduce yourself.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/acurazines-dallas-ft-worth-crew-340917/

You need to go there and me the local folks.

Ruf
Old 07-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Racer

Man how i would love to see a video of this car in action, ride along, drive by, rev out, milky burnout etc. all of that good stuff. This has got to be one serious CL. I wouldn't put that much power into a CL, or anything FWD for that matter. But if he's willing to, then by god i want to see it in action, she's gotta be one bad mother. If your ever in the bay area, hit me up and take me for a ride.

Come back to this thread rjurado_1215, people can be harsh on the board, and some may think you used crap parts, or whatever but who cares, it's your ride. 98% of us just want to see more pics and get details on what you've done.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
A 500+ HP CL is enough for me to see what is done to the car. Hope this guy sticks around.

I wouldn't let others opinions get you down. Keep posting more info, I'm intrigued by your setup.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:50 PM
2600lb CL

If for whatever reason you cannot make it out this Wednesday, please let me know in advance.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:34 PM
SOLD

Hey if the guy spends a couple thousand on a turbo setup, who knows if he doesn't have money/time to dyno right now? Maybe he also just wanted to go with what he could afford at the time...that is why I have the SS/OBX headers and not Comptech. I have been meaning to dyno/tune my car for months since the headers/apexi. My AFR near redline was right at 11 stock, I would hate to see what it is now with the headers leaning it out even more...

Whether people accept it or not, or how much they trust someone, this is a show and prove world. Props on the unique setup, but it would be nice to know that it works for yours and others sake. Unless people see a dyno, more pics, a street/track video, etc there will be doubters.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM
slobalt defender

Received 348 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Cocoa
If for whatever reason you cannot make it out this Wednesday, please let me know in advance.
i'll be there too, hit me up before you leave. I would offer to be the cameraman but i'd get left buslengths behind...haha
Old 07-25-2007, 06:28 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Cocoa, did you go see it today?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
2600lb CL

Blake and I will be there at 9:30pm. 3 more hours till we head out there...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
...it's not going to sound like a normal J32. haha.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
slobalt defender

only a couple more hours
Old 07-25-2007, 07:11 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
take a camera or a video camera for us?
I think once you put that 150 shot on there, you two head to the track.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
you guys suck for scaring him away. i wanted to see what that beast would do, mismatch parts or not.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:39 PM
luvs redheads!

:insertjeopardysoundtrackhere:

I love to see this kind of "flaming" etc. He did his best shot... he may not have the highest quality parts or even built it himself...but he still did it.

I have a first ever high compression motor in my car...all i have been given is shit...and i dont have the money or time to dyno it or tune it...so just be patient guys.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Instructor

did this guy show or what?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 AM
slobalt defender

sorry to burst all you guys' bubbles, no show. Plus the cops were breaking the meet up. Me and cocoa were sad....
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I'm sad about it too.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:16 AM
w202 on carlssons

-____-" lame. well, he should do a bit of reading and learn to post pics. it says it all in this forum.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Blenz
There are way too many haters in this thread. It seems like lots of you have no appreciation for the time and effort it takes to fabricate a turbo kit. Whether or not he used top of the line parts is really irrelevent and takes nothing away from the difficulty of the project.
Mad props to rjurado for the custom build, hopefully he'll come back and post pics of the finished product.
There are too many haters on this discussion board period. I'm a car buff just like any other red blooded American but I don't have time to seriously attack, harrass and insult people about what they do to their cars. If he's lying so what? Is that going to take money out of your paychecks? Hell no. If he's telling the truth it's all good. The only reason why I'm even slightly skeptical is I just want to see the car completed.

It's childish to attack this guy when we all know there aren't any mainstream manufacturers out there passing out 500+ HP turbo or supercharger kits out there for our cars like they do other cars. This guy isn't doing anything any different than what any hot rod guy has been doing for over 50 years to their cars. Mainstream aftermarket parts weren't always out there, so guys had to modify their cars the best way they could until the mainstream companies saw enough of a demand to design aftermarket parts and make a continuous profit. Hell, how do you think choppers made it to what they are today? How do you think Amerian muscle cars made it to where they are today? Somebody had to get out there and modify their car or motorcyle and enough people had to catch on until manufacturers caught on.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Sideswipe
There are too many haters on this discussion board period. I'm a car buff just like any other red blooded American but I don't have time to seriously attack, harrass and insult people about what they do to their cars. If he's lying so what? Is that going to take money out of your paychecks? Hell no. If he's telling the truth it's all good. The only reason why I'm even slightly skeptical is I just want to see the car completed.

It's childish to attack this guy when we all know there aren't any mainstream manufacturers out there passing out 500+ HP turbo or supercharger kits out there for our cars like they do other cars. This guy isn't doing anything any different than what any hot rod guy has been doing for over 50 years to their cars. Mainstream aftermarket parts weren't always out there, so guys had to modify their cars the best way they could until the mainstream companies saw enough of a demand to design aftermarket parts and make a continuous profit. Hell, how do you think choppers made it to what they are today? How do you think Amerian muscle cars made it to where they are today? Somebody had to get out there and modify their car or motorcyle and enough people had to catch on until manufacturers caught on.
welcome to the natural progression of a discontinued car. The forums will become like this when the car becomes finacially available for anybody. jokes on them when the tranny craps tho, lol.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 AM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
beautifully said. people we can't move foward without first looking at the past. looks like this guy hit the haters harder than the haters hit "528HP". i feel the hate from this forum b/c I have a CL-P that I'm modding...they all act like the CL-P is a Toyota Corolla versus the CL-S which is like a Corvette Z06 (in comparison). Its the same car minus 35HP which I already gained. lol. well this is another story but i want you guys to take a second and think about how mad my claim just made some of you...

i will never know what it is with these Acura owners (myself included at times). we are too much of hardcore enthusiasts i guess...than why the &^%$ did we push this guy away claiming a world record HP # for our luxurious CL??

also our engines are capable of sooooo much power. IM a believer that he got close to 500, but yeah i need proof for 528! think about taking the turbo off an STI, they got NOTHING!!!!!! lol. and our engines are so much more capable and are startiong at 260HP N/A!!!

o well i guess we're back to scratch! congrats guys!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hate to see him go. Looks like I'll retain the throne unless he backs up his work. I too had skeptism but kept an open mind and tried to encourage him to share info as some others did. Some of the CL crowd that now frequents this board will in time learn to let things unfold without taking the asshole approach. It gets nothing other than showing your 18yo hairless asscrack for all to see.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
2600lb CL

Originally Posted by ThinJim
Hate to see him go. Looks like I'll retain the throne unless he backs up his work. I too had skeptism but kept an open mind and tried to encourage him to share info as some others did. Some of the CL crowd that now frequents this board will in time learn to let things unfold without taking the asshole approach. It gets nothing other than showing your 18yo hairless asscrack for all to see.
Yes sir. As of now, you still hold the throne in my opinion.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This emoticon sums up how I feel about all this

I guess the only thing to do now is build your own and see what it puts down. For all the whiners saying he used cheap parts here's your chance to blow a metric ton of cash and copy his setup using only name brand expensive parts only to show that you put down the same kind of power as he did.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Advanced

If I spent that much time and money on a car. I would spend ever waking moment trying to show it off. I just dont think he's completed it or it's just not running right. I love CL's, there just not made for racing more for like getting chicks.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Pro

beast.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Certified Hustler

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
your idea is cool, but your execution is piss-poor. you built a turbo kit that makes "500+whp" out of ebay scrap metal parts. would have been nice to see this put together with some quality parts.

This clown always has to when the attention is not his ride. He tried to do the same thing to me. Listen kid, the attention is not always going to be on you. Your car in my opinion is not that great. You got the basics. Your car is less than average. Let people be. I can smell the hate in blood from Boston!!! Lol
Old 07-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Don't Mess With Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RUDE-TL
This clown always has to when the attention is not his ride. He tried to do the same thing to me. Listen kid, the attention is not always going to be on you. Your car in my opinion is not that great. You got the basics. Your car is less than average. Let people be. I can smell the hate in blood from Boston!!! Lol
PM me if you have a problem.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Racer

Old 07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
THE J35A2...

well, he does have a nice looking car. i just felt what he said was unnecessary to the OP...

Originally Posted by cltypeSLOW
PM me if you have a problem.
that's what you should've done to the OP

hope he comes back and tell us more about his project...

Quick Reply: turbo cl