Trade in value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 07:30 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trade in value?

I owe about 18.5 k on my '01 cls. It has about 17k miles. First of all could I? If so then how much would i get if wanted to trade in?
Old 03-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prolly 23k if you are lucky. Check www.kbb.com
Old 03-04-2002, 07:45 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by BigPimp
Prolly 23k if you are lucky. Check www.kbb.com
I paid 29 out the door. Yikes. Huh. I don't know. All of this tranny bullshit is making me nervous for the future. What about when i'm done paying off my loan. There is no way in hell i'm paying for the extended warranty because Acura hasn't demonstrated that they have figured this problem out and corrected it. I'd rather go to something else now and get more money rather than 4 years from now and get less. This pisses me off.
Old 03-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Zapata

I paid 29 out the door. Yikes. Huh. I don't know. All of this tranny bullshit is making me nervous for the future. What about when i'm done paying off my loan. There is no way in hell i'm paying for the extended warranty because Acura hasn't demonstrated that they have figured this problem out and corrected it. I'd rather go to something else now and get more money rather than 4 years from now and get less. This pisses me off.
If you paid 29k OTD, you got a good deal. I paid over 31k for everything, and my car right now would be worth about 21k, now hows that for an 17 month old ride? Needless to say, no one here expected these cars to drop in value like that, but these are the harsh realities of the car market, less popular models are worth less.
I mean, at least you car is still fine, where as mine will most likely need a new tranny.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

If you paid 29k OTD, you got a good deal. I paid over 31k for everything, and my car right now would be worth about 21k, now hows that for an 17 month old ride? Needless to say, no one here expected these cars to drop in value like that, but these are the harsh realities of the car market, less popular models are worth less.
I mean, at least you car is still fine, where as mine will most likely need a new tranny.

Ugh, yah, one of the reasons i had for spending a little more for an Acura was that it would retain resale value. It's not Acura's fault, sorta, but nonetheless i makes me think about thing that i shouldn't have to this early into an ownership of a vehicle.

What are you going to do? Keep the car once it's fixed or jump to something else?
Old 03-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Zapata

Ugh, yah, one of the reasons i had for spending a little more for an Acura was that it would retain resale value. It's not Acura's fault, sorta, but nonetheless i makes me think about thing that i shouldn't have to this early into an ownership of a vehicle.

What are you going to do? Keep the car once it's fixed or jump to something else?
Well, I guess the first step is to figure out what the problem is. I mean it seems to be the tranny, but I have to see what happens with the service dept.

As far as keeping the car, well, Ive been looking to let it go for a while, just not doing anything about it because was not willing to take such a huge depreciation hit. However, I think its time to face reality, get out and move on.
Old 03-04-2002, 09:31 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Well, I guess the first step is to figure out what the problem is. I mean it seems to be the tranny, but I have to see what happens with the service dept.

As far as keeping the car, well, Ive been looking to let it go for a while, just not doing anything about it because was not willing to take such a huge depreciation hit. However, I think its time to face reality, get out and move on.

I might be facing the same reality. I'm looking into the WRX as possible replacement. Nothing else really strikes my fancy. I have a hook-up with Nissan so maybe something there. Fuck, this sucks. I love cls. I guess time will tell.