totalled my CL-S this morning (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totalled my CL-S this morning (pics)

I was going kinda fast 80-90MPh ... BMW asshole cut me off like crazy... and he was going slower than I was when he cut me off... I brake and my right mirror had been f'ed up for a while so it was point up in the sky... so I tried to get to my right lane ... then I see there was a car their ... I come back to my lane... car goes out of control... I brake and hold wheel straight ... the car takes lots of spins and goes straight into the back of a camry... completely totalled the camry... there was a women in it... she didn't look injured but she said she wasn't feeling well... we called and they took her in an ambulance :-(

pics included... I'm not sure if my car is totalled... it better be... I doubt it can ever be put back to how it was :-(

so ... :-(

I'm OK... just really shakey and my right arm is bruised from the air bag
Old 10-28-2001, 05:47 PM
Honkey

Holy cow! Sorry to hear about that...poor car. I'm glad to hear you're okay. I'm always so irritated by people who are so impatient they have to pull out RIGHT in front of you...yet they insist is driving so slow....if they're obviously not in a hurry why can't they just WAIT??? Sorry man...I hope they total it. Cars never seem the same after a front end collision.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to hear of your accident, and not for nothing but I love those rims

Hope you feel better and don't get sued.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:49 PM
Honkey

Hey...I think the CL would look pretty good if you could get a half clear half red taillight like yours look
Old 10-28-2001, 05:52 PM
www.drippinwet.com

OUCH! sorry to hear that, and i thought i had it bad
thats 2 satin silvers in 2 days

my condolences
Old 10-28-2001, 06:00 PM
White Lightning

damn that sucks bro, atleast you;re ok. You can always get another car.

By the way, you have the first clear tailights.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:02 PM
foe
Racer

Its good to hear your ok, and best of luck.. My cousin totaled a car, and he got back what he paid for it completely, insurence went up but not by a lot I think, anywyas best of luck..
Old 10-28-2001, 06:09 PM
Advanced

Yeah, thanks everyone... cleared light heh

I already totalled my last car which was a 99 civic... this makes
number two. I don't think anyone would insure me now

did I mention the bmw got away and wasn't even touched?

thinking of a cheaper car... maybe the allwheel drive subaru wrx
I think it's like $23,400~ ...

any other suggestions for <24k cars... I can't afford higher than that anymore... need to save up for a house
Old 10-28-2001, 06:17 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fucking slow ass drivers!!!! I had a couple of fuckers pull that shit on my today. I'm doing like 80 in the left lane just minding my own business and this focker in a mini van going 55 decides to switch to the left lane because there was a 18 wheeler like 500 feet infront of him. I understand that he didn't want to stay behind the big-rig but what the hell watch what's comming in the left lane before you turn into it. So I had to take evasive manuvers and bounce to the right lane and pass him.

I have a few theories. One, this is the shit heads street justice. Two, no forethought. How can you switch into the left lane when you see that a car is going alot faster and then just maintain speed and while I have to slam my brakes as he acts like nothing happened.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:20 PM
Old timer

Man, that's it. Next asshole who pulls out in front of me and goes slow is gettin' capped.
(By my imaginary gun.)

I'm going to go cry now after seeing those pics.

Glad ur okay though.

WRX has AWD which might be nice.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:39 PM
Buckle Up

OMG!!! I think I'm gonna cry . Hey man sorry bout that. Thats some shiat..did the BMW get fuked up or stop?
Old 10-28-2001, 07:07 PM
Advanced

I've wrecked 6 cars, trust me thats a total!
Old 10-28-2001, 07:32 PM
Powered By HONDA

wow.u must be very upset.so is insurance company going to pay u a whole new car since your cls is totaled.but glad to hear that u are ok. i hate those rackless drivers. what will your next car be?still cls?
Old 10-28-2001, 07:48 PM
O.G.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you can get it totalled so that you can get a new car.

BTW, I also hate freaking people who switched to a faster lane just to go the same speed as before or slower!
Old 10-28-2001, 07:52 PM
Race Director

Ouch!

But glad you're ok, seems a lot of people are crashing their cars lately. Just in time for winter I guess doing some last minute drivin'. Soop, can you do a check and see who has checked in lately?
Old 10-28-2001, 08:04 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Ramiel, sorry to hear what happened to you. Hope you're alright. Man those drivers on 237 are bitches I tell you, they are worse than the drivers of the nearby freeways. Hope all goes well!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:14 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
yesh, i'm also local and know 237

probably should have driven a little more cautiously tho, passing a car like that and over-correcting

but you brought it upon yourself. you should have used better judgement when you did NOT even know what other cars were in the other lanes of traffic.

i hope more people read what you did, and understand how this came about
Old 10-28-2001, 08:20 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

I went back over and re-read your post and I have to say I agree with TypeSDragoon there.... You prolly don't want to be flamed but you should have been more careful. I know what u prolly did as drivers up here cut me off all the time and I take it upon myself to pass them up and give them the finger.... but I make sure to see if there's another car first. Like TypeS said, I hope everything goes well and ppl learn form this.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:40 PM
Racer

Like everyone else, I'm real sorry about your accident. But I love the rims too!!

A real good friend of mine has a WRX and LOVES IT!!!! He really wanted a CLS but really could not afford it so he got the WRX instead. He has driven both cars and he says he likes the wrx better. I told him he was on crack but I was happy that he liked his car :P

Best of luck man, let us know what you end up getting!!!
Old 10-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Racer

sorry to hear about ur crash, but think of it the good way, if not becuase of the Acura, you might be end up in a different shape now.... it's ok bro, car is just a material that can be replaced, but at long as you are ok, thanks god.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Holy crap.. Glad you're okay...

Looks like someone stole your Acura emblem after the accident..?
Old 10-28-2001, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Thanks guys for all the support. I know I was at fault on this :-/

I should have paid more attention and had my mirror fixed... and I'm sure I could have driven much safer... this kind of stuff happens to me for a reason

I'm really, really really, really going to miss my Silver Type-S with Navigation... this is a really safe car... it's amazing that at that speed and at that kind of impact not much happend to me. Only damage I had was my bruised arm from the air bag... though we'll see in a few days if I get any aches or not... these things show up days later I've been told.

This really sucks... this having happend before the Mystery mod too!

I can't really think of another car other than the WRX. I really want 4 doors this time... so the VR6 GTi is out of the question... and I like small cars since the CL was really hard to park in some places (SF, Berkeley.)

I must certainly get an Alpine navigation system in the next car... how the hell did I ever get around without it!

Does anyone know of any WRX forum web site(s) like this one? I'd like to read up more on the car. I've been searching but unable to locate a good one.

Thinking of going manual... not quite sure yet.

Thanks,
Ramiel
Old 10-28-2001, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by craigyg69
Holy crap.. Glad you're okay...

Looks like your rear Acura emblem got lost in the accident!
hahhahaha! Yeah... that was me... I took it off. If that was the last time I look at my car... I wanted to atleast have a memory piece... I later went back and took the TypeS and the 3.2 CL.. all is left now is just the A C U R A letters.

I'm thinking of removing the navigation system from the back... could I use that in a future car?

and my tires are almost brand new... they got less than 3,000 miles on them! They are the Bridgestone Potenza PolePosition S-03's... the best tires out there.... my rims though... two of them are bent a bit.

Not sure... I don't know if they'd let me remove them... and I already sold my old stock rims and tires.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:31 PM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by ramiel408

.... I'm thinking of removing the navigation system from the back... could I use that in a future car?
I'm sorry for what happened to you. Glad you are ok.

I dont think you would be able to use the Navi with just that DVD unit in the trunk. You'll need the screen and the antena as well.
Good luck with everything else.
Old 10-28-2001, 09:34 PM
GO YANKEES!!!!!

shit yo sorry about all that hope everyone is ok
Old 10-28-2001, 10:30 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
that may not be a write off...there isn't frame damage by the looks of it...granted the bags went off, but it may be fixed...try not to let that happen...

glad you're ok, but as I'm sure you know, you gotta pay to play...
Old 10-28-2001, 10:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ramiel408

I'm thinking of removing the navigation system from the back... could I use that in a future car?

Silverknight is right - probably wouldn't want to - or be able to use the DVD unit in a new car - but you might be able to sell it to someone on ebay that has an Acura who wants one to mess around with.

What version dvd-rom did you have? I just sold my 2.03 version for $50 on e-bay, so that might be worth trying to get out as well.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:38 PM
Retired Post Whore

Damn man sorry to hear that! Thank God that you came out OK. Who cares about the car, as long as you are fine..that's what counts the most......Hopefully that lady in the camry will be fine too. God bless you man.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:49 PM
6SPDCLS

glad you are ok!

Sorry to hear about that trajec incident. Asshole drivers that don't realise their irresponsible manuevers can lead to a fatality...

Hope you find the car of your dreams again and take it easy...
Old 10-29-2001, 12:03 AM
Racer

My goodness! I'm glad you came out of that alright. Well, at least your spoiler looks intact, maybe you could sell that off?
Old 10-29-2001, 01:52 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Originally posted by CL-S-Bo
My goodness! I'm glad you came out of that alright. Well, at least your spoiler looks intact, maybe you could sell that off?
You freaking vulture :-D Ask him for the DVD while ur at it
Old 10-29-2001, 05:36 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Misfortune sucks. Glad you're OK. The pictures make me cringe!
Old 10-29-2001, 06:48 AM
Racer

Damn!! Too bad about the car. The good thing is you are OK.

Guys, take note. SLOW DOWN!!!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:49 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I just threw up
Old 10-29-2001, 08:21 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Zapata
fucking slow ass drivers!!!! I had a couple of fuckers pull that shit on my today. I'm doing like 80 in the left lane just minding my own business and this focker in a mini van going 55 decides to switch to the left lane because there was a 18 wheeler like 500 feet infront of him. I understand that he didn't want to stay behind the big-rig but what the hell watch what's comming in the left lane before you turn into it. So I had to take evasive manuvers and bounce to the right lane and pass him.

I have a few theories. One, this is the shit heads street justice. Two, no forethought. How can you switch into the left lane when you see that a car is going alot faster and then just maintain speed and while I have to slam my brakes as he acts like nothing happened.
Let me get this straight. Someone doing 90 is not at fault when someone doing the speed limit (or faster?) pulls in front of him and an accident results? One of the reasons for speed limits is because large speed differences result in what has just happened. I'm happy that our CL driver is OK, and I hope the woman in the Camry is OK!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by CO-CL-S

Let me get this straight. Someone doing 90 is not at fault when someone doing the speed limit (or faster?) pulls in front of him and an accident results? One of the reasons for speed limits is because large speed differences result in what has just happened. I'm happy that our CL driver is OK, and I hope the woman in the Camry is OK!

Can they tell how fast he was going? What did you hit on the rear end? I don't quite understand what happened. Did the Camry pull out in front? Do you think the Camry woman will sue?
Old 10-29-2001, 10:12 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by HellaWhat

You freaking vulture :-D Ask him for the DVD while ur at it
noted, if the car is totalled I will remove the wing, DVD, DVD system, display if I can figure it out.... I doubt they'd let me take the tires... but I'll try.

hopefully it's totalled! I'm kind of scarred that there is no body damage... I didn't see any bends or anything on the body.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Damn, go away for a weekend and come back to two smacked up CL-S'..... sorry to see and hear about this.... glad you're OK. That car is pretty smacked up... they probably will total it.

As for the WRX, go for it!! Just be careful b/c it's quicker then the CL-S, especially if you mod it!!

Good luck.....
Old 10-29-2001, 10:15 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by Scorpius

Can they tell how fast he was going? What did you hit on the rear end? I don't quite understand what happened. Did the Camry pull out in front? Do you think the Camry woman will sue?
I don't quite understand what happend either... it happend all so fast... all I know is after my car lost control it was slipping and I couldn't steer it... it went diagnally into the rear-left side of the camry who was on the lane right of me. It hit her car and basically slammed her out of the freeway then my car spinned around 3-4 times atleast.. as it was doing this I think the back of my car also hit this poor lady again

just woke up this morning... the neck and back paine begins
Old 10-29-2001, 10:16 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by CO-CL-S

don't worry, I'm sure I'll end up at fault... though I didn't get a ticket

Quick Reply: totalled my CL-S this morning (pics)