TL-S vs. ITR

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
TL-S vs. ITR

A while back, I ran my buddy's Integra Type-R with a whole shit ton of mods. The car ran 13.2 by the previous owner, and it has more mods now. Also, Andrew weighs like a hundred pounds lighter, and is the one of the best amateur drivers I've seen.

Well, despite the fact that my tires are completely shot, and my PCM is still recalibrating for the UR pulley set (just installed 3 days ago, and running rich as hell -- getting about 10 mpg right now ), I ran him.

Andrew, on the other hand, had just installed a new intake system -- M's Supercleaner (it was actually shipped from Japan used, and we were joking about how it had JDM dirt in it as we were cleaning it ) to replace the AEM CAI. So the car wasn't properly tuned for that.

We made 3 runs, two on the highway, one in the city. This was around 3:30 AM, and we made sure there was absolutely, literally zero traffic, because we knew we were gonna go fast.

First run --

From a 20-mph roll, we punched it and I had a slight jump on him. I kept pulling for a while, but around 100 we shut it down for the junction coming up. I was ahead, but since I jumped (not but that big of a jump), I didn't claim it as a win. In fact, I knew I was gonna lose, so I didn't care.

Second run --

From a 30-mph roll, we punched it, and I again had a very slight jump on him. This time we went balls out on this nice stretch of highway with new pavement and no traffic. I was ahead until I shifted into 4th then it was like hitting a brick wall, as you all know. I yelled at the cursed 4th gear as I saw Andrew passing me. I kept it floored, and took it up to 145. Alas, the superior top end of the J-series prevailed, and I walked him. Andrew was dragging hard once he hit 125+, and by that time, I was hitting VTEC in 4th again. We both shut it down for our exit coming up. I did claim this run as a win.

Third and final run --

From a 20-mph roll, we both went, and this time nobody jumped (err... I didn't jump ). Andrew pulled on me with a lead of about 2 car lengths by 90ish, but I hit the rev limiter HARD in the 2->3 upshift. Otherwise it would've been a one car length win for Andrew.

Based on my races in the past week or so against numerous cars and a truck, I must ask. Is my car a freak?? Let's recap some of the important ones. In a 20-90ish run, I lost by 2 car lengths (but it should've been one, if I could learn how to drive and not hit the rev limiter ) to a low 13-second Type-R. And from a 10-100+ run against a mid 13-second Silverado SS, I only lost by one car length. Antonio's mildly modded Type-R was defeated, and Taylor's B18C5-swapped Si was also beaten. Now my friends are calling me spray, because they think I have a nitrous tank hidden somewhere.

I can't wait to get the car ready with the parts coming in, and hit up the track. I will have to work on my launch, as I was hitting 2.2-2.3 60' times last season, although on stock tires. My new rolling stock will be 18x7.5 Enkei ZR2 (19 pounds each) shod with 235/40/18 Toyo T1-S (22 pounds each).

Regardless of the results and ridiculous accusations of running spray , it was fun as shit. Andrew and I were laughing our asses off after the high-speed run, and I was all pumped up on adrenaline.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program...
Old 04-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice runs! Excited to get your car dyno next weekend? maybe?
Old 04-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by VB87
Nice runs! Excited to get your car dyno next weekend? maybe?
Yeah, it would be fun to see what kind of power I'm putting down at the wheels.

But I'm getting her dyno-tuned in the near future, anyway. I'm just waiting to install the spacer kit, Mugen cooling mods, and experiment with the exhaust system before getting it tuned. I'm thinking about running straight pipes after the catalytic converter, but we'll see.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice runs, what does chris' itr run??

u guys better be at the track this year
Old 04-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by darrinb
nice runs, what does chris' itr run??

u guys better be at the track this year
Chris' ITR has been to the track once, and he broke the axle on the first run.

So there is no track number for Chris' car, but for engine mods, he has an AEM CAI, and an N1 exhaust system. I would say he would drive that car to around 15 flat in the quarter.

And if you would man up and make the drive to the better track, we will be there. Stanton is so much better than Milan. Haha.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah...

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Chris' ITR has been to the track once, and he broke the axle on the first run.

So there is no track number for Chris' car, but for engine mods, he has an AEM CAI, and an N1 exhaust system. I would say he would drive that car to around 15 flat in the quarter.

And if you would man up and make the drive to the better track, we will be there. Stanton is so much better than Milan. Haha.

If you wanna find out if your car is a factory freak, just take it to the track. I'll be at Milan this year... We can run. If you're running faster than your buddy's ITR, it might be a fun race....