TL/CL custom Bodykit Price INFO.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002 | 12:43 AM
Racer

TL/CL custom Bodykit Price INFO.

Let me start off with what's involved to get the TL kit to work on the CL, then I'll post on the prices w/ 2 options available for DFW Texas consumers...

1. Front spoiler: It doesn't wrap cause it's too short, so it needed to be cut into 3 pieces, fabricate extensions from eurethane, new mounting points & re-enforcements, trim many areas to allow to fit and shape to the curve of CL bumper.

2. Side skirts: Too long, doesn't fit at all, make it shorther, trim many areas to allow to fit, fabricate mounting points to fit into OE sliding rails at bottom of car.

3. Rear skirt: Too short, cut into 3 pieces, fabricate extensions, new mounting points & re-enforcements, trim some areas to allow to shape to CL bumper curves.

All pieces will need to be repainted, and front bumper also.

** Option 1:
Consumer provide TL Kit (whole kit), the labor will be $1500 for completed job.

** Option 2:
Bodyshop will order TL kit, therefore TL kit & labor will be $2500 for completed job.

$2500 for bodykit, LOL .... I payed $1100 for the labor and that's w/ me helping w/ some of the work and all my R&D... I am not exaggerating on what I paid for labor.

I've discussed this very thoroughly w/ my bodyguy, and I said at this price, IMO, he may not have any customers... We both understand this, but my body guy said that since there is a lot of work involved & fabrications, it not worth it for him to lower the price.

Only a full kit will be considered, he will not do just parts of bodykit. It's not worth it for him.

An intelligent consumer should take the procedures stated above to lots of body shops to get an estimate prices of work, then U'll understand this price is reasonable... It's custom work.

Many bodyshops would probably reject the project, and if U get one to do the job w/ a better price, then good luck to ya.

Please no flames on the price, I didn't come up w/ this.

Anyone serious about doing this to their CLs, U can email me... Please don't PM me, cause I don't check on this forum often.

See my CL w/ bodykit hosted by HammerMan
Old 03-30-2002 | 01:03 AM
Pro

Re: TL/CL custom Bodykit Price INFO.

Originally posted by CharlesNguyen
Let me start off with what's involved to get the TL kit to work on the CL, then I'll post on the prices w/ 2 options available for DFW Texas consumers...

See my CL w/ bodykit hosted by HammerMan
Looks GREAT! Thanks for the info.

hmmm.... Dallas is a short drive from here
Old 03-30-2002 | 11:05 AM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

Re: TL/CL custom Bodykit Price INFO.

Originally posted by CharlesNguyen
Please no flames on the price, I didn't come up w/ this.
You shouldn't get any flames. Everybody wanted to know how much to get a kit done, and now you've provided the answer.

Sure, it's fairly high price but when you consider it's total custom work and totally unique - it may be worth it (but not for me, I'm too far North...)
Old 03-30-2002 | 11:09 AM
Just call me DADDY!!!

Actually not bad at all for" Custom Eurethane Body Kit." How long is going to take to make and put the kit on? Thanks
Old 03-30-2002 | 11:12 AM
Racer

Originally posted by 2Sxy4YoMama
Actually not bad at all for" Custom Eurethane Body Kit." How long is going to take to make and put the kit on? Thanks
It should take about 1 week to be completed once the TL kit is in the shop. I ordered my kit from a local Acura & had it within hours
Old 03-30-2002 | 11:21 AM
Old timer

Re: Re: TL/CL custom Bodykit Price INFO.

Originally posted by IWuvMyCL-S

Sure, it's fairly high price but when you consider it's total custom work and totally unique -
Not to mention it looks AWESOME.