Tirerack newest wheel for our cars.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tirerack newest wheel for our cars.

Speedline wheels I think they look hot...looks like they are 3 piece put judging by the price I don't think so $439 a piece.

The Tire Rack is now the official importer of Italy’s Speedline Corse wheels. With over 30 years of wheel producing experience and more than 60 World Championship titles in motorsports, Speedline is known for quality and technical expertise. Speedline Corse produces a range of aftermarket wheels — one-piece to multi-piece, aluminum to magnesium — with great Italian styling.
Tooling, Casting and Quality Control

All wheel design, tooling, and molding is developed by Speedline utilizing CAS, CAE and CAD integrated technology. Low pressure, permanent mold castings are created to ensure that the first wheel of the casting is perfectly identical to the last. Wheels undergo automatic X-ray and balancing reviews as well as complete fatigue and corrosion testing (finishes withstand 1,000 hours of salt spray) in Speedline’s TUV self-certified testing lab. Speedline obtained ISO 9001 and ISO 9002 quality standards in 1991 and the stringent QS9000 standard in 1998. (QS9000 was established by Ford, Chrysler and General Motors to improve quality from their suppliers).
Flow-Formed Aluminum Wheels

Most aluminum wheels are manufactured by means of a casting process that, although extremely sophisticated, does create some amount of porosity in the alloy. This porosity can reduce the potential resistance, or strength, of the wheel. Also, the standard aluminum alloy for cast wheels produces a larger grain (cell structure) during the cooling phase. This “larger grain” formation is not always consistent from one wheel to the next causing slight variations in the actual strength of the material. Extra material is used in the production of standard cast wheels to compensate for this variation.

The Speedline Flow-Forming process is based on a different concept. Starting with a special design casting the rim area is formed using special “Flow-Forming” equipment. As the cast part is spinning, extreme pressure is applied to the outside of the material as it is “formed” into the intended size and shape. After Flow-Forming, the grain structure of the material is dramatically changed and appears more like an expensive forged alloy.

Speedline uses this technology in their latest one-piece designs and also in the production of two-piece rim sections up to 14” wide. Flow-Forming allows Speedline to produce high quality, reasonably priced alloy wheels that are not only lighter, but stronger and more consistent than a normal cast aluminum wheel.
Cast Magnesium Wheels

Speedline’s cast magnesium wheels, utilize a new and exclusive casting process called H.T.C. (High Temperature Casting). Through an alloy heating process, the wheels are lighter and their characteristics and level of performance are much like forged magnesium wheels…without the expense. Speedline developed their magnesium street wheels to meet the demands of the Original Equipment market and have supplied Ferrari, Lamborghini and General Motors (Corvette C5) with magnesium street wheels. In fact, they are the only wheel manufacturer supplying magnesium wheels to the O.E. market. Speedline offers a 3-year finish warranty on their one-piece magnesium street wheels.

Read more about wheel construction.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:49 AM
East Coast Boost.!

Lou, they look kinda cheap, i don't wanna see you rolling around town with those.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:47 AM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
they have another new model which I just saw recently ... the 2211 I think it is ... but they don't fit our cars ... these look toooo similiar to the stockers but with a lip imo.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:08 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
how bout...

if tirerack sells it...... DONT BUY IT

Old 03-15-2003, 05:25 AM
werd

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
how bout...

if tirerack sells it...... DONT BUY IT

Old 03-15-2003, 08:08 AM
It's Go-Time.

They look just OK...what are the offsets available? I think they're mainly for RWD cars.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally posted by GOT PSI?
They look just OK...what are the offsets available? I think they're mainly for RWD cars.
they fit on the CL-S cause its listed as an option heres some info on the Italian wheel I think they're magnesium so they might be softer