tire question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire question?

ok i spoke with tirreack today they are complete morons by the way according to them there are no manufacturers that make 19 inch rims for the cl-s well i mentioned both axis and bbs and he said it was bullshit (not in those words) so i told him i can prove at least 50 people who have 19 inch axis sevens,hagens, or bbs wheels so i referred him to this site and he says all of you are lying they are not 19's ...well...how many of you are lying about your wheel size?hmmmm?i didnt think any of you were so my next question is what size fits our whel base so i can order my freeekin 19 inch wheels already

www.tirerack.com sucks

:sqntfawk:
Old 01-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Banned

Yes he is an idiot...but what he is actually saying is that there no manufacturers that make a 19" rim that will fit on a CL without rubbing....
Old 01-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Yes he is an idiot...but what he is actually saying is that there no manufacturers that make a 19" rim that will fit on a CL without rubbing....
so what do i do how do i find out if the wheels i want fit ???
Old 01-15-2002, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Generationz

so what do i do how do i find out if the wheels i want fit ???
If you get 19s..you're gonna have to roll your rear fenders...the front is usually stiff enough to prevent rubbing , but the rears are softer. You need to shave off the inner lip...roll it up..and paint it to keep it from rusting.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:04 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Tirerack.com are fOOking MORONs ! :pfawk: :sqntfawk: :thumbsdn: :wackit: :wackit:
Old 01-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your pain -- however, there are a rare few there that have more than a few hundred neurons firing (Kind’a like gold mining…)
Old 01-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: tire question?

Originally posted by Fabvsix
Tirerack.com are fOOking MORONs ! :pfawk: :sqntfawk: :thumbsdn: :wackit: :wackit:
ok i spoke with tirreack today they are complete morons by the way according to them there are no manufacturers that make 19 inch rims for the cl-s well i mentioned both axis and bbs and he said it was bullshit (not in those words) so i told him i can prove at least 50 people who have 19 inch axis sevens,hagens, or bbs wheels so i referred him to this site and he says all of you are lying they are not 19's ...well...how many of you are lying about your wheel size?hmmmm?i didnt think any of you were so my next question is what size fits our whel base so i can order my freeekin 19 inch wheels already

www.tirerack.com sucks

:sqntfawk:
Comment #1: If you call more than a few times you might even get more strange and different answers...

Comment #2: Here is a link to a thread with blxmjx responding. He has (or had) 19x8 +51 offset wheels on his CLS (with 235/35-19 Nitto 555s) and he talks about this in his thread. He told me that they fit fine and don't rub (with the springs)! (Read the reply and judge for yourself)

Thread link: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ghlight=wheels
Old 01-15-2002, 10:14 PM
Pro

Originally posted by moomaster_99
If you get 19s..you're gonna have to roll your rear fenders...the front is usually stiff enough to prevent rubbing , but the rears are softer. You need to shave off the inner lip...roll it up..and paint it to keep it from rusting.
is this what everyone does ???

seems like a lot of trouble but i still think its fuckin worth it!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Pro

Re: Re: tire question?

Originally posted by EricL

Comment #1: If you call more than a few times you might even get more strange and different answers...

Comment #2: Here is a link to a thread with blxmjx responding. He has (or had) 19x8 +51 offset wheels on his CLS (with 235/35-19 Nitto 555s) and he talks about this in his thread. He told me that they fit fine and don't rub (with the springs)! (Read the reply and judge for yourself)

Thread link: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ghlight=wheels

fuck it im just gonna order the freekin things now next question what is our freekin bolt pattern???

ive never had rims before so i know jack shit about any of this
Old 01-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: tire question?

fuck it im just gonna order the freekin things now next question what is our freekin bolt pattern???

ive never had rims before so i know jack shit about any of this

5x114 is the bolt pattern.

blxmjx had pictures of his wheels, he didn't roll the fenders, and you're welcome...

The problem here is sometimes people are pissed-off with too little info or with too much detail. I left you the name so you could generate a second message to get more info (if you so desired you could leave a message to blxmjx or could ask if anyone knew the make/had a picture of the wheels).

Would you prefer to be ill informed or well informed when buying something that could drain your pocket book with great or terrible results (I hope I don't have to explain this part)?

Take it easy, try some other tire or wheel company when you recover from your Tire Rack experience -- ok?
Old 01-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Pro

Re: Re: Re: Re: tire question?

Originally posted by EricL

5x114 is the bolt pattern.

blxmjx had pictures of his wheels, he didn't roll the fenders, and you're welcome...

The problem here is sometimes people are pissed-off with too little info or with too much detail. I left you the name so you could generate a second message to get more info (if you so desired you could leave a message to blxmjx or could ask if anyone knew the make/had a picture of the wheels).

Would you prefer to be ill informed or well informed when buying something that could drain your pocket book with great or terrible results (I hope I don't have to explain this part)?

Take it easy, try some other tire or wheel company when you recover from your Tire Rack experience -- ok?
gracias amigo

im chill i still think tirerack sux but its ok and i do appreciate your info i like to be well informed especially when it comes to my car . i am an asshole as a consumer so i always make sure i get exactly what im lookin for .

good lookin out though ill hit ya back