for those who have toyos on...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 01:59 AM
sts
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those who have toyos on, how many miles...

How many miles have you put on them and what condition are they in? I've put 17,000 since Oct. of last year. Mainly street driving. Weird how its going bald on the inner shoulder part of the tire in just one area and not evenly wearing around the entire tire. My shocks are still good. No rubbing. Anyone have an idea how it gets worn in one area rather than around the entire tire? I've already replaced one tire cause it was worn to where you could see, looked like white thread. Just found out that 2 more are gonna be in the same condition soon.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: for those who have toyos on, how many miles...

Originally posted by sts
How many miles have you put on them and what condition are they in? I've put 17,000 since Oct. of last year. Mainly street driving. Weird how its going bald on the inner shoulder part of the tire in just one area and not evenly wearing around the entire tire. My shocks are still good. No rubbing. Anyone have an idea how it gets worn in one area rather than around the entire tire? I've already replaced one tire cause it was worn to where you could see, looked like white thread. Just found out that 2 more are gonna be in the same condition soon.

TOE-IN (Actually Toe-out -- imagine your tires looking like your feet when you stand with your toes facing outward (think ballet).

When the suspension "settles" in, the settings change and if you see a "wear strip" on one or both of the front or rear tires (generally the front), you probably should get your toe checked.

IMO, these cars really do need an alignment after the first year or two... I'm not just BS'ing here...

BTW, if you look around you will see pictures of "typical" toe-in problems being shown with a "feathered" look. However, I had this exact problem with my Maxima and noticed the same problem (inside wear on the front tires after 6mo to 1year) on a ton of Nissan Maximas and Altimas in the area, and had my wife's car aligned. She had 30K miles with plenty of rubber left on her crud-mobile tires. The neighbor with the same car, didn't want to blow the $$$ on the alignment, and ended up with 2-new front tires in less than a year...

Finally, if you’ve lowered you car by 1-3 inches, it could be a combination of toe-in and camber. If stock, you should NOT have any camber problems…
Old 06-17-2002, 07:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have just over 5K miles, & rotated them front to back at a few weeks ago. They still have plenty of tred, no feathering, & wear is even.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:24 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

yea.. you definitely have a toe-in prob.. get that camber kit!!!

I have Toyo T1-S and have had them since last summer (only summer use) and have driven them about 15,000 miles... time for new ones.. less than an 1/8 of an inch of tread.... but i have a nice even wear!!!