AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Temp Over 100, car over 100 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/temp-over-100-car-over-100-a-419836/)

pgatour1 04-24-2002 08:51 PM

Temp Over 100, car over 100

HAHA

As most know I have taken pics at over 140 but just thought it was cool first time I have seen 100 on the cars temp since November. BTW taking two weekends ago on ride home from CAlifornia, Got to 101 in Scottsdale two sundays ago

ktgumbo 04-24-2002 09:12 PM

Why don't you keep your eyes one the road bro????? hahaha:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CLUofI 04-24-2002 09:13 PM

hahaha, me likes

nate'sCLS 04-24-2002 09:13 PM

My lord... you've been busy havencha !:D

nate'sCLS 04-24-2002 09:21 PM

<big>
You Win </big> :rofl:

http://photos.imageevent.com/nates/n...C00024.gif.jpg

mantis23 04-24-2002 09:48 PM

Look at how dusty that shit is. I bet you roll with the windows down >75% of the time.

pgatour1 04-24-2002 10:19 PM

HAHAH Actually usually never, I was driving through the desert like 2 hours before that in the Palm Springs area and stopped at a gas station, had my sunroof open and a dust devil went through. The whole car was covered in shit. One of the great things about the CA/AZ desert.

nate'sCLS 04-24-2002 10:35 PM

Originally posted by pgatour1
HAHAH Actually usually never, I was driving through the desert like 2 hours before that in the Palm Springs area and stopped at a gas station, had my sunroof open and a dust devil went through. The whole car was covered in shit. One of the great things about the CA/AZ desert.
I had to go down to PS a couple of weeks ago, I took the Ranger 'cause I didn't wanna deal with that mess all over my CLS ... you can really "bust it" on some of those roads though.

Damn...It just hit me... you head over there to golf !! I'm kinna slow sometimes. :D

MattR97 04-24-2002 11:56 PM

Guess i will have to take pics of my car's temp which was 102 yesterday in Fort Lauderdale. Not to mention the car is black so it was nice watching the water from the hose steam off the car as i washed it.

nate'sCLS 04-25-2002 12:02 AM

Originally posted by MattR97
Guess i will have to take pics of my car's temp which was 102 yesterday in Fort Lauderdale. Not to mention the car is black so it was nice watching the water from the hose steam off the car as i washed it.
Not a good idea for a Black car buddy. I live in Sacramento CA and we will soon be getting those hot days. I'd recommend washing in the early am (almost never happens) or in the pre evening hours... at least try to get shade over the car first! Just looking out...:cool:

KCheng 04-25-2002 12:02 AM

MattR97:

You're not washing your car in direct sunlight, are you?

nate'sCLS 04-25-2002 12:07 AM

Originally posted by KCheng
MattR97:

You're not washing your car in direct sunlight, are you?

KCheng
is thinking the same thing I am ... :nono:

KCheng 04-25-2002 12:19 AM

nate'sCLS: Our post times were probably just seconds off! Great minds think alike apparently. :)

|optional|
After you wash it though of course, you have to add a coat of Zaino :) I wash it every weekend in the early morning right when the sky turns blue, then follow that wash up with a coat of Z2. I'm on 3 now - going on 4 next time!

Can't wait!

nate'sCLS 04-25-2002 12:31 AM

Originally posted by KCheng

So, do you think Zaino is the best way to go for our black CLS ? I don't see too many with black using it....

KCheng 04-25-2002 12:41 AM

Personally, I think Zaino is fitted for any color. I haven't paid much attention to how many on here use it on their blacks, but it seems that everyone that does use it is quite pleased with its outcome.

I certainly am very pleased with the overall look of the car now with the Zaino and would recommend it to anyone.

I personally feel that Zaino is the way to go, just because of the polish, protection, and shine it brings to our cars. But again, I'm not one of the Zaino experts, but I'm sure they'll tell you that Zaino is probably the best product out there for any color, even black.

Hopefully someone maybe can give a more substantiated repsonse :), since I'm just speaking from personal preference with little experience with any other waxes/polishes.

But Zaino is definitely a nice item to have!

nate'sCLS 04-25-2002 12:45 AM

I appreciate your opinion and will have to give their product a shot someday soon. ;)

Thank you Kevin.

KCheng 04-25-2002 01:01 AM

You're quite welcome!

In fact, some of the members of this board are Zaino distributors and can undoubtedly help you out with any questions regarding Zaino. (Just everyone's sleeping now...2am here - guess it's still kind of early over in California) :)

www.zainobros.com also has lots of information on application, the products, the whole nine...

Good luck! You'll enjoy it!

MattR97 04-25-2002 01:04 AM

No definetly not washing the car in sunlight but when i get in to start it up to move it that car is burning hot. Those hose is not far away so as soon as it gets wet its still steaming off of it Though i will let u know how the Zaino comes out since i just ordered $100 worth of it and am dying to see the difference compared to my carnuba wax.