Teins...Pics...56k beware!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JRock
[B]First off, the car looks HOT with that drop.

Second, get an alignment done and see how far out of spec you are. You should get an alignment anyway when you switch suspension parts. It seems CLs vary greatly in whether or not they need camber kits. I needed front and back kits for mine.

Third, I would have had my Teins in on Tuesday but found out I needed the OEM isolators because Tein doesn't include any. They came in today but my tech can't do the install again until next Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully when he does I'll get a pic of a Nex SS next to a Tein.

Finally, here's how low I dropped mine originally on the Nex SS coilovers, and it could go a bunch lower (but it wouldn't be able to move cuz it would rub). Looks like the Teins might not have as much height length as the Nex, but at least you can adjust strut stiffness, which is why I upgraded to Teins:
Nice and clean bro! I have to agree with you on the Teins not being able to go lower...your height with the NEX seems to the max that the Teins can go. It looks like your slightly tucking which was my case on lowest drop. As far as the alignment, I did get it done, but then I played with the setting so my specs are probably all out of wack right now. I'll get another alignment soon.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:27 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont have it that low anymore... it was too low. It's more like this now:

Old 09-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JRock
I dont have it that low anymore... it was too low. It's more like this now:
Shit I would ride on the fender all the time too if my driveway was even like that!