Taking the Plunge -- South Bay-Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 02:24 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking the Plunge -- South Bay-Area

I'm going shopping for a CL-S this weekend and I ain't going home until I get a great deal on one. Shouldn't be a problem, considering how many are sitting on dealers' lots around here.

There are two Acura dealers in my area -- Sunnyvale Acura and Stevens Creek Acura. Are there any South Bay-Area CL-S owners out there who would share their experiences with/opinions about those dealers? Assuming the deals I can arrange at each are identical, to which dealer should I give my business?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2001, 04:42 PM
Advanced

I had no problems at all with Stevens Creek. They have been pretty good on warranty work so far, and did a good job at realigning my hood/bumper and passenger door after I noticed they were off a bit. I didn't get a rock-bottom steal of a price, but thought it was a pretty good deal at the time.

I keep seeing ads in the Chronicle for Mike Harvey Acura in Oakland; selling the CL-S for $27.8K. That is quite a bit less than what you would get at either of the South Bay dealers.

------------------
_ _________ _
2001 CL-S White/Parchment w/Navi & Spoiler
1999 TL Silver/Black w/Navi
Old 05-25-2001, 05:03 PM
Ace rider

I bought mine at Steven Creek, they are both good and bad. They gave me a good price on my trade in, didn't really pressure me too much, and gave me a spoiler as a bonus. Their service is pretty good, but not the best. They don't give loaners out easily, but they have a shuttle. The only thing I didn't like was that the guy rushed me out the door after I bought the car, and I found a few paint chips when I got home. Took some convincing of the service department to fix the chips for free. So lesson learned is to go over every little detail of the car before you take it home, PAINT, body panels, accessories (cargo net, wheel locks, etc..), make sure everything is there and in perfect condition and working order. You should also look for sunroof rattles, or any noises in the rear deck (read other posts here), so they can fix them before you leave!

Don't know about Sunnyvale Acura, but I remember they wanted to charge me 500+ dollars just for the comptech springs (installed) which is a rip-off.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 05-25-2001, 05:53 PM
Advanced

Make sure that the front lic. plate mount is correctly installed. Holes tapped in the front bumper are a bad thing.

------------------
White CL-s
Comptech Headers, AEM CAI, Spoiler
Kenwood Amp, Two 10"s
Old 05-25-2001, 05:59 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the feedback, folks.

What is the correct way to mount the front license plate holder?
Old 05-25-2001, 07:09 PM
Learn to swim

I bought my car from S.C. also. The buying part went good. The service dept. sucks IMO.
Try Los Gatos Acura too.

The front plate is mounted via 2 bolts under the bumper. NO front mounting screws/bolts.

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Polarg M-4's driving lights, maps, and doors.
Old 05-25-2001, 08:09 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
InTheMarket,
Take a drive up to Acura of PL. From what I hear, they have a gripload of CL-S on their lot that they need to get rid of. I got my 01 TL, 2K off MSRP. Pretty good service.

My salesman was Rob Clarkson, he is the Internet Sales manager. Since it is getting closer to the end of the month, you should be able to get a good deal on a CL-S.

Oh, and they used bolts for the license too instead of drilling.

Other dealers, Oakland Acura and Los Gatos Sales. Some ppl like Hopkins Acura in Rwd City, but I personally didn't like them.

------------------
Northern Cali Meet, June 10. BBBQ!!! - Click Here
Old 05-10-2002, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

CL PURCHASE

TRY LOS GATOS ACURA,GOT A GREAT DEAL AND THE SALES STAFF WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!ESPECIALLY JILL PRYOR.
Old 05-10-2002, 06:11 PM
The Slim Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also suggest you to try Los Gatos Acura. Their service department is pretty good.