Take those ugly front license plate off!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 10:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take those ugly front license plate off!

I couldn't help noticing that many CL photos in this site show the front license plate. I know it's a legal thing to do but it makes the CL so ugly and you have to drill holes to your innocent bumper. I think It really destroys the CL's front style which was designed to be edgy and pointy. It also blocks small amount of air flow to the engine compartment, which could hurt the performance little bit. OK, maybe it won't affect the perfformance but it sure is ugly to look at. I didn't put the front license plate on my CL-S, in fact never did on my previous cars and never got any ticket for that. But even if you get caught by a cop, it gonna be only a small fine which can be refunded if you put it on later. And most cops don't even check to see if you have a front plate since they always stop behind you and check only the rear license plate. If you are not convinced yet, the possible ticket gonna be a non-moving violation, which means no negative point toward your insurance. I think most cops will let you go if you promise them that you'll put it on right away. It might even help you to escape one of those nasty speeding trap cameras. So don't be so nice boys to your uncle Sam and take those ugly front plates off!

------------------
2001 CL Type S, Navi, Silver, Spoiler, PIAA 1900X
Old 02-22-2001, 11:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double post...closing..

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
Polarg/PIAA bright white interior lights *bling bling*

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832