Stock camber bushings (safe to put back on?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock camber bushings (safe to put back on?)

Hey all,

I'm wanting to put my stock parts back on, but want to make sure they are okay/safe to do so.

For the control arms, my bushing is kinda crushed in, it just looks compressed in (no tears or leaking).

NOT THE ACTUAL PART

As I said that's not the actual part but that's pretty much what it looks like while removed from the car. (haven't tried popping the rubber back to the original shape). Will I have any issues putting these back on?

Now for the fronts
Here is an aftermarket ball joint:

On my stock ball joints the rubber part has just popped off, the rubber seems to be intact, no tears and anything, I'im thinking they'll be able to just pop it back on, but i want to make sure the car is safe and I won't be getting any noise or putting anyone at risk.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks all,
Old 09-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
the rubber compresses when you install it, at least that's the way i remember it. i think that it has taken that shape over a period of time and is still ok to reinstall.

i thought you purchased the entire control arm and joint assembly? why the removal?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 AM
SOLD: 03 SSM CLS Auto

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, they'll work just fine. I just did this myself yesterday with out any problems. The rubber tends to conform to that shape over time, and as long as it's not cracked or torn the grease on the inside is still fine and shouldn't cause any problems.