SRS/OPDS Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS/OPDS Help

So, my SRS light had been on, tried to reset but no luck, came back on. Took it to the dealer. Dealer (Radley Acura in Falls Church VA) says OPDS sensor needs to be replaced. Total cost $660.

I searched the forum, but just want to double check that this should not be covered by my Acura extended warranty. Also, in my searches, seems everyone else was being in the $300's. Anyone get it replaced under warranty? If not, how much should this cost?

Appreciate all the help, as always.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally Posted by bojangling
So, my SRS light had been on, tried to reset but no luck, came back on. Took it to the dealer. Dealer (Radley Acura in Falls Church VA) says OPDS sensor needs to be replaced. Total cost $660.

I searched the forum, but just want to double check that this should not be covered by my Acura extended warranty. Also, in my searches, seems everyone else was being in the $300's. Anyone get it replaced under warranty? If not, how much should this cost?

Appreciate all the help, as always.
My SRS light also went on recently. Turns out (for me anyway) that the battery had just started to go bad and the dealer says that can trip the light. Replaced the battery and the light ... no more problems.

As for the extended warranty, the dealer tried to tell me the OPDS sensor WAS NOT covered. But if you read the warrany coverage on the back of the contract, I cannot possibly see where it WOULD NOT be covered.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Yea, I had tested my battery, found it would not hold a charge, and replaced it. SRS sensor came back on as soon as I started the engine.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Back to Four Doors

Yea, I had tested my battery, found it would not hold a charge, and replaced it. SRS sensor came back on as soon as I started the engine.
See if you can get the dealer to reset the sensor light.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:14 AM
Instructor

If I have the dealer reset the light and there is a problem with the sensor, how long till it comes back on? Instantly? 3 miles?

Anyone have to pay to have the sensor replaced? Cost?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I have the dealer reset the light and there is a problem with the sensor, how long till it comes back on? Instantly? 3 miles?

Anyone have to pay to have the sensor replaced? Cost?
Before you replace the sensor, try to initialize the opds sensor. If you have a TV monitor or cell phone charger on or near the seats, you should remove that too.
Oh, I should asked what is the SRS code?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Initialize the opds sensor?
Old 12-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sgmotoring
Before you replace the sensor, try to initialize the opds sensor. If you have a TV monitor or cell phone charger on or near the seats, you should remove that too.
Oh, I should asked what is the SRS code?
Dealer says the code is "15-3 OPDS System Failure". Initialize the system? Not sure what you mean.

Anyone know how much it should cost to replace the sensor? Dealer tells me $595. Says the part is $412 alone. Anywhere to get this done besides the dealer? A Honda dealer perhaps?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Cost, anyone? Other than Acura shop?
Old 12-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Bleed Honda Blue

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dealer says the code is "15-3 OPDS System Failure". Initialize the system? Not sure what you mean.

Anyone know how much it should cost to replace the sensor? Dealer tells me $595. Says the part is $412 alone. Anywhere to get this done besides the dealer? A Honda dealer perhaps?
15-3 if I have not mistaken is the seat sensor and not the OPDS unit. I have to double check my notes. I will always Initialized the system before replacing OPDS unit or the seat sensor. When you initialized the sensor, you are just setting a base line for the sensor. Do you know what is a SCS connector?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

OPDS bulletin info

The info at this site should answer some of the posted questions:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...&page_number=1

--Ollie