Spottings in Seattle ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 03:06 AM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spottings in Seattle ...

So I'm in Seattle, does it ever stop fucking raining?

Saw a tweaked max se (2k year), red calipers, lowered, tints, exhaust ... i didnt look any closer

Saw a beige non-S CL. Saw a black TL-S with a body kit looking like a 4wheeler in a bad need of a pro-kit.

Saw many ricer-mobiles, lots more than Minneapolis. Saw a civic with nothing but a huge wing. I almost puked. I saw a 405hp Z06, no chance ... oh and downtown i saw and accord that was lowered with some huge rims, he turned the wheels and i thought for sure it was rubbing. i'm going skiing tomrrow, i'll let ya'll know how the powder is ... esp. my boyz in Arizona ... hehehe
Old 12-13-2001, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
It's been raining here in the n.w. for most of the last 25 days and it's supposed to be real bad tomorrow. gotta keep the windows rolled up in the cl-s or risk having soaked door panels, probably good idea to carry a towel in the car. I'm tired of drying it with my sleave.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:13 AM
Number 37

Re: Spottings in Seattle ...

Originally posted by fbazakos
So I'm in Seattle, does it ever stop fucking raining?

Saw a tweaked max se (2k year), red calipers, lowered, tints, exhaust ... i didnt look any closer

Saw a beige non-S CL. Saw a black TL-S with a body kit looking like a 4wheeler in a bad need of a pro-kit.

Saw many ricer-mobiles, lots more than Minneapolis. Saw a civic with nothing but a huge wing. I almost puked. I saw a 405hp Z06, no chance ... oh and downtown i saw and accord that was lowered with some huge rims, he turned the wheels and i thought for sure it was rubbing. i'm going skiing tomrrow, i'll let ya'll know how the powder is ... esp. my boyz in Arizona ... hehehe
Thats not fair!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Fotis...

are you coming for the meet Sat. and did you get a ride sorted out???

BTW. It is called Liquid sunshine
Old 12-13-2001, 12:06 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright...seattle WA...I'm going back to Redmond on the 24th this month. Going to chill there for a few weeks before getting back to the "Salt Mines" of Pittsburgh.

I have always been impressed by the professional and amateur tuners out in the Pacific NW. Just check out these sites:

http://www.urbanasian.com
http://www.seattleimports.com
http://www.garagespl.com (my buddies shop)

and many more (I'm at work right now so I don't have access to my "favorites")

fbazakos: Watch out for two Nissan Skylines around the downtown area. There is a blue R34 GT-R and a Silver R33...both are baaaaad ass. There are also a bunch of Supras with Veilside and Blitz kits....mmmm...

By the way...where are you going skiing? Can't wait to hit the snow again...woohoo
Old 12-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

I can't believe it. I remember getting my greddy exhaust
shipped from japan at ultraspeed almost 10 years ago!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 12:26 PM
on bin laden

hey, we're going to alpethal (sp???) ... but it seems a bit warm like 33 degrees ... it might suck. eggplant ... you're giving me a ride up to the meet, and mffdvr is giving me a ride back ... right?
Old 12-13-2001, 12:29 PM
Banned

Ummmmm....yea. The weather sucks balls this time a year. I just Zaino'ed my car on Sunday and haven't even seen it since. I go to work and it's dark and come home and it's dark. Frustrating...

Anyhow, yea....there are A LOT of nice cars here in Seattle, much more so than in the mid-west (no offense to ya'll Mid-Westerners). Lots of Land Rovers,Mercedes, BMW's and the like. Hope you're having fun in our fine city!!!!

Egg-PlantEX.....I'll be able to take Fotis back down from the meet on Saturday.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:40 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Are you guys planning on any meets after Christmas/New Years?

Fotis - FYI:

Alpental (aka Snoqualimie Pass)

Stevens Pass (my favorite)

The rest: http://traffic.wsdot.wa.gov/sno-info/cameras.htm

My suggestion is to factor in an additional 45 mins of ride time and go to Stevens. Much larger altitude change and from the looks of it much more snow...

Damn...dude..now you got my legs all itching to hit the slopes...
Old 12-13-2001, 12:51 PM
Banned

Well, if ya'll wan to kno wabou tthe best skiing in the state (if not the country), check out Mt. Baker. Set the WORLD RECORD for snow fall two/three years back. Nobody goes there and you have fresh virgin snow over, what seems to be, a million arces!!! I've skied Whister/Blackcomb, Vail, SnowBird, Crystal, Alpental, etc. and not one of those compares, snow wise to what Baker has to offer. Now when it comes to hi-speed quads, hot chicks, good food, and atmosphere that's another story. Aspen and Whistler are your best bets. Back to my main point though (I'm Rambling) Alpental probably the best terrain close to Seattle. Haven't been up yet this year and don't know about conditions, but should be fun!!!! I gotta get out my oars and wax 'em up!!!! HAVE FUN!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 08:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Fotis:

Let me know where to pick you up. I think 10am will be just right to get up there by 12ish....

Like I said. Give me an address and I will be there at 10am...

Mine is a Satin Silver CL-S
Old 12-14-2001, 12:01 AM
Blown LS6!!

Sup!

Just wanted to touch base with some Seattle bums. When and where are you guys meeting? Someone mentioned Saturday...this Saturday? Also, any of you have CAI installed? This rain is killing me and I just bought the AEM CAI w/ bypass. Haven't installed it yet and unsure if I really should. Thoughts?
Old 12-14-2001, 12:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Blaine at 12noon Sat. Be there or be square,,,

Line your car facing North on the I-5, stick it in neutral and let the wind blow you up....
Old 12-14-2001, 10:51 AM
Banned

Ain't that the fawking truth!!! It was so butt-ugly last nite!!!! R-E-diculous. Glad the power didn't go out.

Seattle CL-S.....we're meeting at the Peace Arch at noon on Saturday the 15th. Should be fun, and looking foward to seeing other CL's in the area. I only see one every now and again, like once every two/three weeks or so. I LOVE IT!!!!
Old 12-14-2001, 11:59 AM
on bin laden

Seattle CLS ... bring your damn CAI and a bunch of tools... I'll put it in for ya. I don't have the Xephyr instructions with me, if somebody does, that'll help a lot, but I've done it twice.

Okay, so more sighting ... saw I twin turbo porsche last night ... this morning, in my hotel parking lot ... red NSX ... NICE!!!! just then a lowered black type R blasted down 161th street, could hear his exhaust a mile away ... what is it with you guys ... all these nice cars and you have to drive them in the RAIN !!!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

Baker got 22" overnight---damn. I am going up to the mountains this weekend and can't wait. Just put my rover on 20's so hopefully I haven't lost to much traction with the new tires. Too bad I can't make it to the meet this weekend, would love to see the other cls's in the area---maybe next time.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:25 PM
on bin laden

hey i brought my skis with me from minneapolis and I'm giving up a day of skiing at the best place I've ever skied before to meet up with these guys ... get your ASS to the meeting, you can ski any old weekend