Sport Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Shifter

Hey! I don't know if I am posting this in the right place or not, but can someone please tell me how to use that sport shifter thing? How do I know when to shift etc and what does 1,2,3,4,5 mean? I have been trying to use it recently and just want to make sure that I am doing it the correct way so I don't screw something up. Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-28-2002, 05:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since I'm like the only one here this early/late i'l explain.

basically just put it in SS when your at a dead stop and it'll show 1
depending on how much you step on the gas it will either let you rev really high or it will shift right away to 2.
After that it will only shift up to 3 when you tell it to. Kind of like a stick w/ no clutch.
If you hold it in 2nd and press the gas all the way up to 6800rpm you'll notice faster acceleration then shift to 3 and then so on to 4th or 5th.

OR you can simply just shift around 3000k at 2nd to 3rd then at 3000k to 4th if your just cruising.

the cool thing is you can always just switch it back to d5 ANYTIME.
and if your crusing at say 60mph in 3rd or 4th or 5th gear it will actually downshift for you automatically when you come to a stop, simply just hold your brake and slow the car down, once you do it should light up 1 again.

Another good use is when you are cruisng at around 50mph and want to make a pass. Instead of just mashing the pedal you can move he lever to SS then downshift 2 or 3 times so its in 2nd gear.

Basically this is fool proof and if it thinks you are trying to downshift at an unsafe speed/rpm for a particular gear it simply wont do it.

I don't know for the cl-p but just remember what the maximum speed is for each gear and you'll be fine.

oh post these kind of Q's in car talk.