Sponsorships

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 02:39 AM
Male Jiggalo?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sponsorships

Hey, what do you guys think about Sponsorships and the like? On my return from Iraq, Im gunna get the CL Kit from Ron along with some 18 in Inspyres and a Grille, Head down to NJ and hook up with Street Effectz and let them do the work plus get me a custom system built. Get a New paint job to fix up the scratch, and the lil nicks it had when I bought it.

Take some nice pics and See what Sponsorships I can get. Id like to mod it alot more but cash flow aint so great. The Army doesnt pay us Enlisted soldiers well.

Id be willing to toss on the decals on my Front and Rear Windshield as long as the look clean ya know even some side door ones if they arnt too big. Thats something I plan on discussing with the Sponsor.

Any good advice, horror stories. Words to the Wise? Id appreciate any and all of your worth. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Expect to spend a LOT OF TIME with your car at places you really don't wanna be. A sponsor demands that you take your car to shows even if the schedule isn't convenient.

Talk to Essarak Huot about it.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Racer

Well just like NSX said, it is alot of work. I am currently sponsored by 4 companies. Also it is not easy to get sponsored by the good companies either. You will have to show your car at shows and build up a nice resume to prove yourself to the manufactures. Also if you are 100% sponosered than you will be taking your car to alot of car shows around the states. I am not 100% sponsored so it is not as bad. But I have been offered 100% and I turned it down due to the terms. The manufactures pretty much own you once you get 100% sponosered.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraCl1
Well just like NSX said, it is alot of work. I am currently sponsored by 4 companies. Also it is not easy to get sponsored by the good companies either. You will have to show your car at shows and build up a nice resume to prove yourself to the manufactures. Also if you are 100% sponosered than you will be taking your car to alot of car shows around the states. I am not 100% sponsored so it is not as bad. But I have been offered 100% and I turned it down due to the terms. The manufactures pretty much own you once you get 100% sponosered.

And rightly the should. The discounts they give you, some free are a huge investment on their part. Especially for the small companies trying to make a name for themselves.

Good thread. Most people think it's a walk in the park.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:45 AM
Male Jiggalo?

I went to some other sites and found out a bit more also. It seems to me alot of work and well the discounts would be nice. I think im gunna go for partials. I dont want free shit if it includes that much work. Especially if Im gunna be going to school once I get out of the Army.

Any help on where I can find shows in my Area and what I have to do to enter them and what to expect? I dont wanna goto a show and be the guy that thinks his car is pimp just to be laughed at ya know. Thanks a million.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Zoom Zoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wwg6983

Any help on where I can find shows in my Area and what I have to do to enter them and what to expect? I dont wanna goto a show and be the guy that thinks his car is pimp just to be laughed at ya know. Thanks a million.

Go around to local car shops and ask about any shows comming up, and if they have any flyers. You can go to a show and think your car is pimp because its an Acura and not a fixed up honda civic
Also if you know anyone in car clubs around you, they normally know about shows and how to get sponsorships.