Sorry to cry wolf!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 05:54 PM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to cry wolf!

I might of jinx'd myself when I was joking around about the 6speed tranny dying about a few weeks ago..

Well, the tranny didn't die but the entire engine is dead. Just after 3800 miles on the odometer, the piston rod or something rod like is kaput/broken. Acura has to order me another engine.

It wasn't my fault and it wasn't driver error or whatever. The rods just broke. Last I heard they can handle over 500hp? But now I'm left with a loaner for 2 weeks until they can get me another engine.

This sucks. I guess I'm the first one with a bad engine in the 2k3 6-speed model. The car still runs but you can totally hear something fxxked up in the engine..and from the lead technician's analysis, the engine is broken.

Sucks major ass to drive around a loaner for a few weeks
Hope you guys with the 6-speed don't exhibit the same shit my 2k3 6-speeder did.

Old 08-10-2002, 06:19 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Holy shit, you blew the motor?

Are you sure it had nothing to do with your driving?

After all, you didn't even know how to drive a manual trans, right?
Old 08-10-2002, 06:23 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by Tom2
Holy shit, you blew the motor?

Are you sure it had nothing to do with your driving?

After all, you didn't even know how to drive a manual trans, right?
Tom2-

I don't think I did and it was confirmed that I was not the one who cause the broken rod. I am in fact confident and competent enough to drive the car without any trouble...strange because I have never had a failure like this before. AND they told me that if I was the cause of the problem, the rods woulda shot upwards and possibly thru the engine and not like how it is now...

<sigh>, I can't believe this shit though. I did a trade in only to lose a boat load of money for this 2k3 6spd but now I don't even have the car until they fix it. I just hope the car is going to be like it was before. Also, it has only been about 1.5 months since I bought it brand new...

I just hope this is an isolate case....this is just as bad as a faulty tranmission! :'(
Old 08-10-2002, 06:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
missed a shift, eh

that sucks man, it will be good as new though.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
DDT,

That sucks, bud.... I know how you feel though with my M3 getting an engine transplant.

I'm not blaming you at all, but an easy way to blow the engine of any manual trans car is to fudge a shift while driving hard.

If you are accelerating hard and accidentally hit 2nd gear while trying to hit 4th, the engine can mechanically overrev. Even a rev limiter won't help in that case.

Not saying that's what happened, just saying watch out for that in the future.
Old 08-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Drifting

Ive bent a few valves like that before
Originally posted by Tom2
DDT,

That sucks, bud.... I know how you feel though with my M3 getting an engine transplant.

I'm not blaming you at all, but an easy way to blow the engine of any manual trans car is to fudge a shift while driving hard.

If you are accelerating hard and accidentally hit 2nd gear while trying to hit 4th, the engine can mechanically overrev. Even a rev limiter won't help in that case.

Not saying that's what happened, just saying watch out for that in the future.