AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   So I ran into a ladder today..... (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/so-i-ran-into-ladder-today-462492/)

NiteQwill 10-20-2004 09:31 PM

So I ran into a ladder today.....

Following a truck (it was raining pretty damn hard), the truck decides to lose it's nice aluminum ladder in front of me, so I'm pretty much screwed as traffic doesn't permit me to perform any kind of evasive maneuver. So run over it with my left side.

Good news... No steering wheel vibration, pulling to one side, no bent RonJon wheels :woot: , no damage to the car or paint, and no shaking while braking.

Bad news... Because my car kicked the ladder into a standing position (yes... WOW)... Several cars behind me hit the ladder head on, causing damage to several cars (hanging bumper, missing headlight, windshields, messed up paint, etc.).

Thank God everyone made it out okay, no one was injured. But that stupid truck didn't even know what he dropped and kept driving away (no license plate due to weather either...) :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

There's my rant for today.........

mclarenf3387 10-20-2004 09:34 PM

:scared: That sucks. Glad to hear you didn't get any damage. Sucks for the ohter people though :(
Guess the BBK couldn't stop you in time, huh.

I hit a nice pothole the other week with my Inspyres, in between the spokes and didn't bend a wheel either. Ron made some quality rims :woot:

Allout 10-20-2004 09:38 PM

Glad you and your car weren't hurt. Man you got lucky today. It really could have been a lot worse.

NiteQwill 10-20-2004 09:41 PM

Haha, yea, the BBK would have had me stop on top of the ladder... :D

I was literally freaking out when I ran over it, I pulled over and scratched my head :dunno: and found no damage under my car. Got home, lifted the car, no damage anywhere (except a dent in the splashguard plastic directly under the CAI). I may just go in for an alignment check since I have lifetime alignments at my tire shop.

Tunaboy 10-20-2004 10:17 PM

God that sucks. Just the fact that some dumbass didn't have his shit strapped. That could of (and definitly has) caused a brutal multi-car pile up. The scariest part about driving, no matter how good of a driver you are you got to watch out for others stupidity.

Allout 10-20-2004 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by NiteQwill

I was literally freaking out when I ran over it, I pulled over and scratched my head :dunno: and found no damage under my car. Got home, lifted the car, no damage anywhere (except a dent in the splashguard plastic directly under the CAI). I may just go in for an alignment check since I have lifetime alignments at my tire shop.

Probably a good idea to check alignment. Also, spin the tires to make sure no cuts.

Silverbulit40 10-20-2004 11:07 PM

glad to hear your ok and no damages on the car

ghost_masterCL 10-20-2004 11:34 PM

that's exactly why I stay way the hell back from trucks with anything in their beds that could damage my car. I'm just really paranoid though. glad it didn't land standing up in front of you.

subtledreamer 10-21-2004 12:45 AM

damn dude... good thing there aren't any injuries!!

hmm i see that you live in irvine... did this happen on the 57 this morning? i went to Brea today and was stuck on 57 in the mountain area between Brea and Diamond Bar due to an accident.

brianlin87 10-21-2004 02:46 AM

Lifetime alignments Dustin? where is this place at?

NSXNEXT 10-21-2004 08:00 AM

Call the State Police/Local Police and see if anyone got the plate #.

NiteQwill 10-21-2004 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Lifetime alignments Dustin? where is this place at?

Discount Tire Center in Lake Forest.

When this happened it was a merging lane, so there was no way I could NOT be in back of the damn truck.

Unfortunately, no plates were found according the police. Plus the truck had a million similar trucks to it.

NSXNEXT 10-21-2004 08:36 AM

Firestone has a lifetime alignment deal too. It's $100 or so, but it's well worth it.

Slimey 10-21-2004 09:08 AM

:eek:

Glad you're OK.

I always get a bit worried when I follow one of those work trucks with ladders and tools just piled in the back, or flat beds with piles of landscaping dirt and rock. I usually change lanes if I can. I always thought it was just my own unfound paranoia, but now I see there's a reason for my actions.

Chaptorial 10-21-2004 09:40 AM

Jeez that sounds like a scary situation.

Glad to hear you made it out OK.

bigman 10-21-2004 09:48 AM

damn dude thats crazy, good to know that the RonJons are built tough. Check the tires for bubbles though. And when you get the alignment, let them check the suspension components to make sure that nothing is bent or broken. Also have them check the shock, sometimes the shocks will take a day or two before they show signs of damage.

NiteQwill 10-22-2004 02:22 PM

Update:
Got my alignment checked today. No issues or damage to suspension components. Also, since my last alignment, my camber in the rear improved once everything settled, so I definitely need no camber kit. :woot:

Bad news, I did end up suffering damage to my car's paint, noticed it after the wash and wax. Not bad though, a 4-6inch scratch on the driver's rear bumber closest to the wheel. Not noticeable unless you stare.

I think I'll go take pictures today. :D

rondog 10-22-2004 03:11 PM

Update:

I think I'll go take pictures today. :D

Hey, these new pics ought to be good, clean up the wheels and brakes real good and take some really artistic pics. I may be able to get Rotora to use them in some ads.

mclarenf3387 10-22-2004 03:17 PM

I need a big brake kit :sad:

Glad you had no damage (or anything really too bad).