Snow driving.... SUX

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2001, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow driving.... SUX

Well it was a tuff one last night getting home. Snow came down fast and since the ground was so cold some froze creating a layer of ice underneath.
All was not that bad until I got off the expressway. As I headed down this semi-main street I approached a hill with a red light. Driving in SS mode I taking advantage of the engine breaking as I slowed to a stop. Just then someone came out of the shopping center at the light and went straight into the woods across the street. Not a good sign! Gee the hill must be icy! The light turned green and the pickup at the light started up the hill slowly, followed by an Accord and myself. About 3/4's of the way up the pickup slid to the right into the curb, the car behind me slid to the right also into the curb, and the Accord was moving slowly up with me following about 3 car lengths back.
Then a work truck towing a trailer started down the hill, lost control and slammed the Accord head on in front of me. The Accord was thrown on the sidewalk! Now the truck was headed right at me. I shifted into reverse and started backing down the hill, the truck was now going to the right in front of me. I noticed the guy behind me that slid off of the road, so I hit the breaks, shifted into D5, turned off the VSA, cut the wheel to the left and hit the gas. The truck just missed my front as I cut left and went into the other side of the road. The truck slammed into the guy behind me and went over the sidewalk. I straightened out and powered my way up the hill and stopped.
My cellphone rang, it was my wife asking me how the drive home was going. I told her that a truck just hit the guy in front of me and behind me, but somehow I made it through without a scratch. God was definitely looking out for me yesterday!!!

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
-Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Prolarg M-6 lamps
Planning: Comptech Headers, Sways, CAI
Old 02-23-2001, 09:43 AM
Team Owner

Excellent driving man.
I bet you wish you could see that move again from the outside via “instant replay”.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-23-2001, 10:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

You are right... I wish I could see a replay somehow.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 02-23-2001, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
You are right... I wish I could see a replay somehow. </font>
So do we, that way we can see the look on your face!!

j/k...good driving. Thankfully I left work around 4:50pm and seemed to beat most of the traffic and snow home. The snow came from the south (by you) and I was heading north, so it wasn't as bad (until later on)....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum

Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 02-23-2001, 11:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

I left work in Mahwah NJ at 3:30ish and by the time I reached Newark airport on the Turnpike the snow was falling fast. Reports on the radio were full of accidents on most roads. I think the look on my face was like Mr. Eek

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Old 02-23-2001, 12:37 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was driving 30-40 on a main street coming back from a 24-hr wallmart around 1:00 AM last night. Everything was okay until I wanted to enter the HW. As my asss did not slow down, I tried to take the entrance of the HW at some 30MPH then I lost traction on the 2 rear wheels and started sliding, I just tried to correct that with oversterring no brakes, no gas, not VSA light either. The CLS found its balance again and I was able to proceed as usual. I do not think VSA had any role cause no gas was applied, no brakes were applied.

------------------
Black, Eboney, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks.
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards,
- Winter mats,
- Trunk liner,
- Acura Spoiler.
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator.
- PIAA 19169 road lamps.