Smoked a Stang

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 03:05 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahaha...

Originally posted by crazyazn
the cl type has 260 stock, i've seen a supercharged one, and other modifications that bump it up to 400 hp, perhaps with that, and a little gearing, it prolly would keep up to a corbra.
Um, how about no. That's 260 fly, and the cobra comes stock with 360 at the wheels. 1000 dollars puts the cobra deep in the 11's. Keep dreaming though.

And where is this 400 wrong wheel horse power Cl-S? That's damn impressive. Seriously. Or are you talking out of your ass?
Old 01-03-2004, 03:07 AM
Racer

serious?

Originally posted by scalbert
Ignore those statements from a 16 year old; his parents obviously deprived him of nourishment during early development.

However, a blown J32A2 (3.2L VTEC V6) can and will make that power. But FWD makes the application difficult.
You have a dyno of that? I'm not knocking, I seriously wanna see. That's damn impressive, considering you're going from rougly 210 fwhp to 420 (effectively doubling horsepower?) How much boost is that with? And the motor doesn't blow?
Old 01-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: serious?

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
You have a dyno of that? I'm not knocking, I seriously wanna see. That's damn impressive, considering you're going from rougly 210 fwhp to 420 (effectively doubling horsepower?) How much boost is that with? And the motor doesn't blow?
Actually I am shooting for 370 - 380 WHP and the optimal word in my statement was WILL make that power.

But yes, a dyno will be provided. The mentioned numbers are speculative based on what it makes with just 4.0 PSI non-intercooled boost; around 300 WHP. This is with rough fuel tuning also running rich and very high fuel pressures.

I will be increasing the boost to about 8.0 PSI and run it through a custom manifold with integrated intercooler ( Custom IC Thread ). I will also be tuning fuel and timing to get everything correct using the Greddy e-Manage ( Greddy e-Manage Thread ). A wide band A/F monitor is also going in.

Actually, before the addition of the blower you start out at a base or nearly 250WHP with headers, etc. I'm looking for a 50% increase over this which is not unrealistic. Based on what it made with just mild non-intercooled boost the increase is realistic. Also looking at it from the pure addition of forced induction stand point; with a boost ratio of 1.55, a 50% increase in power is likely if everything is tuned properly.

As for blowing the motor; again, if tuned properly it should be fine. Honda may not make the best automatic transaxles but they do seem to know how to make an engine. But we are about at the reasonable limits; 8 - 9 PSI intercooled boost is about the maximum run on a 10.5:1 CR motor on 93 octane.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Advanced

Re: hahaha...

Um, how about no. That's 260 fly, and the cobra comes stock with 360 at the wheels. 1000 dollars puts the cobra deep in the 11's. Keep dreaming though.

And where is this 400 wrong wheel horse power Cl-S? That's damn impressive. Seriously. Or are you talking out of your ass?
yeah, i don't know if it was 400 whp, but it was atleast 400 flywheel hp, besides, a good turbo, some engine rebuild, others mods, the cl-s can get well over 400 hp, but thats a lot of money and professional work.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:42 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by 351MachOne
... So a 330ci is faster than a GT? I didnt know I was a fag, and that I was a piece of shit. However, I garuntee that your CL couldnt keep up with me if I gave you a 5 car head start...

420hp isnt much, but it is a shit ton more than a Vtec 6cyl.

Free attitude adjustments given out daily.
I am butting in on a discussion I didn't keep track of...

a CL-S and a current gen GT are about equal. A bit of an edge to the GT as long as it wasn't a 6-speed CL or a modded CL. A modded GT will yield you more hp for almost any mod. On the highway, a CL-S is equal to a GT. Been there, beat that. I've waited until people drove by and gave me the finger. :P

A modded mustang...we have no chance.

Mustangs rock. Don't take my post as picking on American muscle.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Racer

Re: Re: hahaha...

Originally posted by crazyazn
yeah, i don't know if it was 400 whp, but it was atleast 400 flywheel hp, besides, a good turbo, some engine rebuild, others mods, the cl-s can get well over 400 hp, but thats a lot of money and professional work.
Yeah... too bad good turbo, engine rebuild put the cost of this "mod" well over 10k. Well well over. And yeah, if he got an engine rebuild and a turbo, I'd be damn pissed if it was only putting down 400 fly wheel!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Racer

Re: Re: serious?

Originally posted by scalbert
Actually I am shooting for 370 - 380 WHP and the optimal word in my statement was WILL make that power.

But yes, a dyno will be provided. The mentioned numbers are speculative based on what it makes with just 4.0 PSI non-intercooled boost; around 300 WHP. This is with rough fuel tuning also running rich and very high fuel pressures.

I will be increasing the boost to about 8.0 PSI and run it through a custom manifold with integrated intercooler ( Custom IC Thread ). I will also be tuning fuel and timing to get everything correct using the Greddy e-Manage ( Greddy e-Manage Thread ). A wide band A/F monitor is also going in.

Actually, before the addition of the blower you start out at a base or nearly 250WHP with headers, etc. I'm looking for a 50% increase over this which is not unrealistic. Based on what it made with just mild non-intercooled boost the increase is realistic. Also looking at it from the pure addition of forced induction stand point; with a boost ratio of 1.55, a 50% increase in power is likely if everything is tuned properly.

As for blowing the motor; again, if tuned properly it should be fine. Honda may not make the best automatic transaxles but they do seem to know how to make an engine. But we are about at the reasonable limits; 8 - 9 PSI intercooled boost is about the maximum run on a 10.5:1 CR motor on 93 octane.
Well sounds like you know what you're talking about. Is the Comptech blower a screw,centrifugal, or roots? Keep your tune nice and safe... if I were you i wouldn't shoot for more than 11:1 A/F. You have powdered rods, eh? (hyper-eutectic crappy rods) I was gonna put a twin screw on an '02 GT, but I was scared as hell that it would blow my rods to bits so I just ponied up and got an '03 Cobra. 8psi on a intercooled blower sounds pretty safe... but I've seen bad things happen at less compression (10.5 to 1 actually is pretty high)
Old 01-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Re: Re: serious?

Well sounds like you know what you're talking about. Is the Comptech blower a screw,centrifugal, or roots? Keep your tune nice and safe... if I were you i wouldn't shoot for more than 11:1 A/F. You have powdered rods, eh? (hyper-eutectic crappy rods) I was gonna put a twin screw on an '02 GT, but I was scared as hell that it would blow my rods to bits so I just ponied up and got an '03 Cobra. 8psi on a intercooled blower sounds pretty safe... but I've seen bad things happen at less compression (10.5 to 1 actually is pretty high)
I hope I know what I am doing, or else it could end up in pieces.

I've done a few things over the years and almost all has been with boosted engines; two DSM's, a Typhoon, a GTP and now the blown CL-S6.

Some people say the Comptech blower is a twin screw but it is not. It is the Eaton/Magnuson MP62 which is based on roots technology. The similar Eaton blower used on a variety of OEM vehicles including some familiar Fords.

Eaton/Magnuson MP62

Since I have control over timing I will run it a bit leaner up to almost 12:1. My GTP and Typhoon ran best at about 12.5:1 - 13.0:1 so 12.0:1 should be fine with timing pulled as needed. I don't have the intention of killing the motor; I am going to run what makes sense. If it can't handle it then I will rebuild it stronger; that doesn't bother me.

But IMO, the engine can handle this level fine but would be approaching the reasonable limits. Honda does design and manufacture fine engines and I am confident and curious if this one can support 450 crank HP as a daily driver for 50k+. I think it can with proper tuning and monitoring but there is only one way to find out.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Kicking your Ass

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
I am butting in on a discussion I didn't keep track of...

a CL-S and a current gen GT are about equal. A bit of an edge to the GT as long as it wasn't a 6-speed CL or a modded CL. A modded GT will yield you more hp for almost any mod. On the highway, a CL-S is equal to a GT. Been there, beat that. I've waited until people drove by and gave me the finger. :P

A modded mustang...we have no chance.

Mustangs rock. Don't take my post as picking on American muscle.
This post was about an 01 CLS AUTO, leaving a New Mustang "In the Dust"....

I dont think the CL-S has an advantage anywhere. Horsepower rarely matters on the street. Remember, HP sells cars, Torque wins races...
Old 01-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Kicking your Ass

In addition, I dont think ANY non-Forced Induction engine with fewer cylinders has ever had a higher top speed than something with more cylinders...

Ever try and keep up with a v12 Jag on the highway? He will still be pulling at 170 in his two ton car... Good luch...

EDIT: Yes, I realize there are other factors in determining a cars top speed... like, gearing, wieght, coefficient of drag... etc... all things withing reason.