Smoked some poor bastard in a BMW 325i

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 02:37 AM
Resident DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoked some poor bastard in a BMW 325i

Earlier this evening. I was tooling along (slow), on my way home from a restaurant with my girlfriend when, all of a sudden, these headlights suddenly get bigger in my rear-view. I was talking with my girlfriend, so I paid it little mind and let the BMW pass me. The road I was on was three lanes wide with stop lights every 1/2 mile or so. (Rockville Pike, (Rt. 355 North) in Rockville, MD). Anyway, he pulls in front of me after passing me so I gave it a little bit of gas to match his pace. We were both in the center lane. As we approached the next intersection, he pulled over into the right lane and we came to a stop, on the line, at the red light. I was trying to concentrate on what my girlfriend was saying, but I couldn't help thinking... "This guy does not actually want to race me does he?? Seriously!??

He revved his poor, little engine a few times, and I looked over at him and just smiled and shook my head. This boy was going down...hard.

I checked my rearview for Crown-Vic Headlights....none.

Yellow light....oh those eternal yellow lights!!

green.BANG!

We both took off like bandits. My front tires slipped on the paint stripe and starting squealing like banshees with PMS. He obviously had a clutch, and got a better start right off the line. He was actually over a full car length ahead of me...ah...but then he had to shift. ...poor bastard. My revs continued up into the sixes as I blew past him like the North Wind. I purred into second gear while he got smaller in my mirrors. He never did make up any ground until I started to brake for the next light. I know he was trying too, because I heard his exhaust being exercised as I went by him...and I didn't just dust him like he wasn't moving. It was just a deliberate, determined passing...like when your passing someone at 65mph while they're going about 55. heehee! I never looked at my speedo, but I think I must've hit at least 80 or so before laying off the fun-paddle.

We got to the next red light (me first of course) and he wouldn't even look over at me! BMW Dick! (No offense to anyone...I happen to like BMW's.) I guess he was just pissed that a car that was probably at least $7000 less than his had embarrased the shiznit out of him. HAHA! What a blast! I should've pulled in front of him to add insult to injury, but oh well.

Thank you V-Tech!
Old 10-11-2001, 02:46 AM
Pro

Originally posted by skyeflye:
<STRONG>We got to the next red light (me first of course) and he wouldn't even look over at me! BMW Dick! (No offense to anyone...I happen to like BMW's.) I guess he was just pissed that a car that was probably at least $7000 less than his had embarrased the shiznit out of him. HAHA! What a blast! I should've pulled in front of him to add insult to injury, but oh well.

Thank you V-Tech! </STRONG>
Good kill.

BTW, the 325 is cheaper than the CL-S
Old 10-11-2001, 02:53 AM
Resident DJ

Well, ain't that the damdest thing...no wonder! He REALLY should've known better then....

heehee!

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: skyeflye ]
Old 10-11-2001, 03:08 AM
Banned

Good kill. If the guy had a 325, he should have known better than to go up against a Type S. Maybe he didn't see the little red 'Type S' on the rear

No excuses! Good kill!
Old 10-11-2001, 03:10 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by someguy:
<STRONG>

Good kill.

BTW, the 325 is cheaper than the CL-S</STRONG>
is it? really? I checked the msrp on carpoint.com and 325 coupe with equivalent options (ie. Navi, power leather seats, etc.) runs up to 35K range. If it was cheaper, I would have bought it. Please dont argue with me about the actual price cuz I didnt have a chance to negotiate. I went by MSRP only. Show me if I got the wrong info.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:35 AM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverKnight:
<STRONG>

is it? really? I checked the msrp on carpoint.com and 325 coupe with equivalent options (ie. Navi, power leather seats, etc.) runs up to 35K range. If it was cheaper, I would have bought it. Please dont argue with me about the actual price cuz I didnt have a chance to negotiate. I went by MSRP only. Show me if I got the wrong info.</STRONG>
Well, I was going on bace price. But a lowly optioned 325, which still has features not available on the CL-S is around the same price. Most of the opitons aren't necessary anyway. I could care less about Navigation, for example. But, the way I would buy them, the cars would not be very far apart in price.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: someguy ]
Old 10-11-2001, 03:41 AM
Subie Dubie

Good story telling ! Nice kill.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:31 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

good kill, especially since it was a BMW.
Old 10-12-2001, 07:43 PM
It's Go-Time.

Excellent story...made me horny for a race now...!
Old 10-13-2001, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Good Kill.....Great story.