Shopping Cart 1 CL-S 0

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Shopping Cart 1 CL-S 0

Just got hit in a parking lot by a shopping cart. I was in a store working and when I come out at night, I notice someone has put something under my windshield wiper, I'm thinking who the hell would put a flyer on my car. As I get closer, I also notice that the light isn't reflecting off of my rear driver panel right. I think it might be the rain...as I get closer to my car I realize it isn't something to do with the rain and lighting. I have a huge ass dent on the side of the car and a little bit of the paint is chipped off too. Turns out a witness left a note for me to call him. I call him and he says this lady was putting away her groceries when her shopping cart started rolling away. She just watched it roll and roll and roll, until it hit my car. The guy said the lady didn't even try to stop the cart she just stood there and watched it. Unfortunately for my car, there was a slight grade where my car was parked and it looks like the cart picked up some nice speed. The guy was like I can't believe that your alarm didn't go off! Nehow, the lady gets into her minivan and takes off...luckily the guy got her license plate number, he tried to get to her but she drove off in another direction! This sux! Now I have a busted up driver side rear panel to accompany my keyed up passenger side rear panel hmmmmm....I do have that minivan's license plate number... :devil:
Old 05-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Shopping Cart 1 CL-S 0

Originally posted by gurot1
Just got hit in a parking lot by a shopping cart. I was in a store working and when I come out at night, I notice someone has put something under my windshield wiper, I'm thinking who the hell would put a flyer on my car. As I get closer, I also notice that the light isn't reflecting off of my rear driver panel right. I think it might be the rain...as I get closer to my car I realize it isn't something to do with the rain and lighting. I have a huge ass dent on the side of the car and a little bit of the paint is chipped off too. Turns out a witness left a note for me to call him. I call him and he says this lady was putting away her groceries when her shopping cart started rolling away. She just watched it roll and roll and roll, until it hit my car. The guy said the lady didn't even try to stop the cart she just stood there and watched it. Unfortunately for my car, there was a slight grade where my car was parked and it looks like the cart picked up some nice speed. The guy was like I can't believe that your alarm didn't go off! Nehow, the lady gets into her minivan and takes off...luckily the guy got her license plate number, he tried to get to her but she drove off in another direction! This sux! Now I have a busted up driver side rear panel to accompany my keyed up passenger side rear panel hmmmmm....I do have that minivan's license plate number... :devil:
damn that sux, i hate parking lots in shopping centers for this very reason... most people don't give a crap!

... gonna be hard to prove that the lady is the one who dinged up your car tho... even harder to get her to pay up. thats pretty nice of the guy to leave a note for you though ... i know if it happened around here most people wouldn't even think about leaving a note.

crazy thought, what if the guy you called is actually the one who dinged up your car and he just wrote the plate down of a minivan he saw in the parking lot ... hahaha.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:24 PM
AKA MaxGeek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That really sux. Glad a witness got her plates for you.

Someone dinged my car today no note either.

Make her pay!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah make the bitch pay, if she dont bring her to small claims court, aleast you have a witness that saw the whole thing.

1st thing i'd do is pay her a visit
Old 05-07-2004, 08:34 AM
noodles tastes good.

That witness is all you need.

You have her license plate - now u can file a report with the police.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Racer

I thought that initially...what if it's the guy who dinged my car that's posing as a witness...lol...would u believe the police collision centre didn 't file a report! What's up with that? I'm gonna go back and complain. The officer on duty was like that's a property claim...and she just dismissed it at that. I'm gonna talk to the supervisor there this week. it looks like i got hit by a damn car, not a shopping cart. I think the shopping cart was full at the time. I think some stuff fell out of the cart. she picked em up , put em in her van and took off! I have to talk to the witness again...he offered to give a statement to the police if required! Just pisses me off, the woman saw the cart hit me and everything...so she must've seen the huge ass dent she left in the car and she took off...if I knew how to put pictures up I would!
Old 05-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Miss th 3.0

send em to me at wakeboardfusion@comcast.net and ill host em
Old 05-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

Woman in a minivan. what more can ya say.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Back to Four Doors

Originally posted by Katana18
Woman in a minivan. what more can ya say.
You can bet she was yakkin' on a cell phone too.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Miss th 3.0

there ya go...
dang...i bet the cart was full
Old 05-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy shit, a shopping car did that?

I've seen some bad hits from a shopping cart but that one looks painful.

Glad to see you got the ladys info though.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

same thing happend to my c320 last year... it was in a target parking lot... target ended up paying for it since it was their cart. Damage was just as bad.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Houses Won't Depreciate?

damn !!

I never thought a shopping cart could do that kind of damage.

I will follow her to the groceries store, then fill a shopping cart with sand bags and roll it to her car, twice. That will be 2-0; you won.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

you sure its the shopping cart??? It probabily was the minivan
Old 05-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Drifting

you're lucky you had a nice enough witness
Old 05-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Racer

I know it's hard to believe a shopping cart did that! I couldn't believe it myself at first. I had a prior engagement to attend to this weekend. I went to the store today, but the head manager isn't there so I'm gonna go back tomorrow and talk to him to see what he says. I'm gonna go back to the police station and make sure they take down the damn report this time, i could almost get headers for the amount this would cost!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:36 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
some stores will have surveilance video. if they do you may be able to tell em the time and date and maybe they can go back thru the tapes
Old 05-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Pro

Not sure about where you are, but in Florida the store that owns the shopping cart is liable if it happened in their parking lot. If you can't get to the woman who cause it, try that angle.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
You know what ... I had no idea a shopping cart could do that kinda damage. What kind of biotch lets a cart roll down a dent a car? WTF is that? Guess there are some 'Canadians' that aren't polite & nice ...

That's why I am so scared to leave my car in a grocery store lot. Even if you park far away ... there are gonna be haters out there. Feel for you, gur0t1.