Selling my car have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling my car have a few questions

Currently I am leasing my car through chase. Ilive in KY and the buyer is in GA. Would it be smarter to have them send the title to me and then sign it over to the buyer or just have Chase send him the title? The last option increases my payoff by $1650 due to sales tax. Basically is there a way to get around having the buyer pay so much in taxes since my payoff is more than what i am selling the car for? Any help or suggestons would be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
Beware of leakage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For them to not have to pay the extra taxes, the title would need to come to you, then you can sign it over. Of course I am no expert but am the one that realllly wants the car. If I were you, I would not want to INCREASE my payoff amount.
Actually what the member is doing when he buys my current CLS, is , I am going to his credit union, and signing a power of attorney, which gives his credit union the right to sign my name on the title once it is received from American Honda Finance Corp.
I honestly don't know if this thread would do better in Money/Investing forum. Thatswhere I have gotten all my advice on my car loans and credit situation.
Hope this helps, and I still want your car!!! , but I know you have to do what you have to do man.
Andy