seat belt part info.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 707 Likes on 549 Posts
seat belt part info.

Hi,

I've broken a plastic clip that peels right through the fabric of the seat-belt itself. The purpose of this plastic clip (about ½” in diameter) is to prevent seat-belt hinge (thing you insert to buckle up) to fall on the floor. So mine is broken, and the thing is always on the floor. I went to my dealer’s parts department, and they told me that this thing only comes together with the belt. This is total B.S!! What kind of idiot designed this crap, why should someone replace the seatbelt just because a stupid plastic clip broke?! I am going to try Honda parts department, my gf’s Accord has the same thing…
I fuk*ing hate this!
Does anyone have any ideas??
Old 12-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seatbelts and I assume their integrated parts are warrantied FOREVER in Acuras. I would try to get the dealer to cover it as part of the seatbelt waranty. Read your warranty book!!!!!!!!!!!!Seatbelts have their own warranty separate from the rest of the car.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by louisn
Seatbelts and I assume their integrated parts are warrantied FOREVER in Acuras. I would try to get the dealer to cover it as part of the seatbelt waranty. Read your warranty book!!!!!!!!!!!!Seatbelts have their own warranty separate from the rest of the car.
I really doubt the warranty would cover something like that. Its probably a limited warranty which only covers things that are broken and thus endanger the driver. This is a plastic clip, besides they could say that I broke it and it's a missuse.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Update

Well, I went to local Honda dealer, and picked up the EXACT same part that I needed. It's a small plastic clip, takes to seconds to snap it through the seatbelt fiber. Its 100% identical, OEM part. Now I am really pissed off at my Acura dealers department, those idiots told me that this part comes ONLY with the seat-belt, and after checking computer for like 5 minutes they assured me that Acura does not sell this part by itself.
This is pretty stupid, the same exact part is sold for Honda's, but not through Acura. I guess they think those Acura owner can pay more for eveything since we paid more for the car....
Old 12-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by russianDude
I really doubt the warranty would cover something like that. Its probably a limited warranty which only covers things that are broken and thus endanger the driver. This is a plastic clip, besides they could say that I broke it and it's a missuse.
Acura could also say it was an act of g-d; but I still think Acura would cover it under the seatbelt warranty. The warranty covers any Acura seatbelt "component" that fails to function properly for the useful life of the vehicle.
But I'm glad you found the part at Honda.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by louisn
Acura could also say it was an act of g-d; but I still think Acura would cover it under the seatbelt warranty. The warranty covers any Acura seatbelt "component" that fails to function properly for the useful life of the vehicle.
But I'm glad you found the part at Honda.
yeah, it was only $3 at Honda !! and Acura assured me that this part only comes with the seatbelt. Thats not a very nice thing to say ......