Say Daddy

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 01:56 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Say Daddy

I like my CL a lot, but it will never be a Legend Coupe.
This is the car that made Acura famous in the hood.

Old 09-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Banned

yea the legend coupe was the shit, i wish our rear windows would roll down like theirs did
Old 09-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw a couple of 'em while drive up to PorscheFest (Brookline, MA) yesterday. Nice looking cars.
Old 09-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My friend has the 4 door legend. Its a great car.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:01 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

I liked the way the seatbelts went down when you got into it and when you closed the door they came back up within reach.

I also liked the doors when they would close themselves if not closed all the way.
Old 09-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Racer

I sure miss my Legend coupe
Old 09-14-2003, 06:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Katana18
...i wish our rear windows would roll down like theirs did
Yea Ive been thinking about pricing it out seeing what kind of effect it would have on the cars structure.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:58 AM
Disproportionate Member

In my subjective opinion, the original legend Coupe and the current CL are the best looking Acuras ever made, by FAR. The G35 Coupe is the best looking coupe ever made.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:47 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by Aquineas
The G35 Coupe is the best looking coupe ever made.
The EXTERIOR of the G35 is pretty nice, but that’s a ridiculous statement.

Shawn S
Old 09-15-2003, 04:48 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by 1gCL
I sure miss my Legend coupe
I miss my Legend Coupe too. It was a great car that I had for 8-Years and 110,000-Miles.
Except for the power under the hood it has the CL-S beat in every department.

Shawn S
Old 09-15-2003, 06:25 AM
Disproportionate Member

Originally posted by Shawn S
The EXTERIOR of the G35 is pretty nice, but that?s a ridiculous statement.

Shawn S
Please enlighten me how a subjective statement can be evaluated on terms normally applied to an evaluation of absolute reality. If you re-read my post you'll note that I explicitly qualified my post as subjective from the beginning (funny how you didn't seem to think that my saying how good-looking the CL-S and Legend Coupes were ridiculous). If you disagree, fine, state that. But your opinion is no more or less factual than mine. Furthermore, did anyone in the post prior to mine mention anything about interior? I got the impression that they were talking about exterior pictures. Some people just can't get rid of their brand-bias..
Old 09-15-2003, 06:36 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great comeback! I agree that the G35C is one of the best looking coupes around! I saw one in white this weekend and man did I love the way it looked!

Please enlighten me how a subjective statement can be evaluated on terms normally applied to an evaluation of absolute reality. If you re-read my post you'll note that I explicitly qualified my post as subjective from the beginning (funny how you didn't seem to think that my saying how good-looking the CL-S and Legend Coupes were ridiculous). If you disagree, fine, state that. But your opinion is no more or less factual than mine. Furthermore, did anyone in the post prior to mine mention anything about interior? I got the impression that they were talking about exterior pictures. Some people just can't get rid of their brand-bias..
Old 09-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Team Owner

I said it looks good. I agree with that.
You said “Best looking Coupe ever made”.
That’s a pretty bold statement.

So you’re putting it ahead of anything that was EVER released by: Acura, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston, Rolls, Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, Toyota…..shall I go on ???

Best Coupe EVER…HUH ???
Old 09-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Re: Say Daddy

Originally posted by CL P Diddy
I like my CL a lot, but it will never be a Legend Coupe.
This is the car that made Acura famous in the hood.

I remember how I would drool everytime I saw my neighbors car. I was too young to drive then.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Racer

I miss my Legend Coupe too. It was a great car that I had for 8-Years and 110,000-Miles.
Except for the power under the hood it has the CL-S beat in every department.

Shawn S

Definitely beats the CL. I especially miss the build quality of the Legends. That was the most solid car I've owned. Then comes my '94 Accord....both were made in Japan. I wish Honda would build all their cars in Japan.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Disproportionate Member

I said it looks good. I agree with that.
You said ?Best looking Coupe ever made?.
That?s a pretty bold statement.
Yes, I'd agree that it's fairly bold statement.

So you?re putting it ahead of anything that was EVER released by: Acura, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston, Rolls, Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, Toyota?..shall I go on ???

I'm not sure why you feel that listing all the world's most expensive auto-manufacturers without listing the cars they make which are relevant to the discussion is a meaningful contributor to your argument. I might also note that you haven't really stated an opinion one way or another. The basis of your argument seems to be:

"Your opinion can't be right, look at this great list of manufacturers that cost much more and/or have more brand prestige!"

Neither brand-prestige, retail cost, amount of luxury, or top speed is relevant to the discussion of the best LOOKING Coupe, which is my original assertion.

Since you seem unwilling or unable to list actual cars from that esteemed manufacturing list you hubrously mentioned, I'll list some for you:
  • Acura- Already noted; ORIGINAL Legend Coupe and Acura CL are in the top 5.
  • BMW- the last coupe they brought to the US (BMW 850) was about 8 years ago and it would also make my personal top 5 list of most beautiful Coupes ever made. Correction, the 3-series coupes aren't bad, but they wouldn't make my top 5.
  • Ferrari- Can you name the last Coupe they made? I can't think of a single Coupe they made aside from the Berlinetta Boxer. My definition of Coupe is 2 doors with a back seat, so you can leave off most of the 3XX and FXX series.
  • Lamborghini- I hardly count the Lamborghini Miura, circa early 1970s, as a beautiful car.
  • Aston Marton- Okay, you got me there. The DB7 is drop-dead gorgeous and would also be in the top 5, probably leading the list.
  • Rolls-Royce- They do not sell a Coupe that I know of, and I always thoughts the Coupes they did sell were Bentleys (before they got split between BMW and Volkswagen). Regardless, even the Bentley Coupe looks like a Rolls with two doors. Not particularly striking. Impressive because of the huge chrome grille and the nameplate, but not beautiful.
  • Jaguar- Which one? The E-Type? Perhaps it's an indication of my fondness for modern automobiles, but the older Jaguars don't do it for me. The best-looking of the newer Jaguars is the X-type, which isn't a coupe (nore is it a particulary good car from all accounts, but that's outside the context of this discussion).
  • Maserati- I admit the Maserati BiTurbo was a good looking car in its day, but it wouldn't make the top 5.
  • Porsche- The only Coupe they made was the 928, and it had an ugly back end (cool headlights though).
  • Toyota- Celica? ugly. Celica Supra? Ugly still. Supra? Good looking for it's day, if not a bit angular. Supra? good-looking when they last brought it over, provided the user used discretion and didn't get the carrying handle. Solara? Give me a break.

So out of the brands you listed, the only ones that I would mention in the top 5 are the BMW 850 and the Aston-Martin DB7. Many of the brands you mentioned either don't build coupes or haven't in the last 20 years. I will admit I'd overlooked the DB7, and it would probably be #1 on the list.

I now ask you to commit your opinion for discussion. What is YOUR opinion on the best-looking Coupe ever? Please don't try to "wow" me with brand-names again, hopefully it's clear by now that I didn't find your last attempt convincing.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Team Owner

Jesus Christ, I’m not bored enough to argue THAT response.
You win…….

PS.. Coupe to me means 2-Doors, not requiring a back seat !!!
Old 09-15-2003, 10:53 AM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Everyone loves a happy ending.