Saw the new Z today

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 12:17 AM
Rx Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw the new Z today

Hey all,
i saw the new Z today, and it was on the road, at the dealership. I really saw it, i was like what the fuck, thought they werent out yet. I looked and sure enough, there it was the nissan logo on teh front and those wieird silver door handles on the side of a red or orange colored 350Z. it looked nice from the distance that i saw it from. So any comments, post here, casue i guess i am the 1st to see one on the road, wooooohoooooooo. i am the 1st.
wg
wish i had my camara to take a pic of it, cause it would have been worth it too see it again and again,
Old 08-12-2002, 01:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
you arent the first. :P You are like the 100th
Old 08-12-2002, 01:27 AM
Drifting

Re: Saw the new Z today

Originally posted by URIRx98
Hey all,
i saw the new Z today, and it was on the road, at the dealership. I really saw it, i was like what the fuck, thought they werent out yet. I looked and sure enough, there it was the nissan logo on teh front and those wieird silver door handles on the side of a red or orange colored 350Z. it looked nice from the distance that i saw it from. So any comments, post here, casue i guess i am the 1st to see one on the road, wooooohoooooooo. i am the 1st.
wg
wish i had my camara to take a pic of it, cause it would have been worth it too see it again and again,
I'm not saying that I'm the first, but you definately aren't, cause I saw one on the road on my way back from school, which was around late May - early June.

The back looked ugly then, and it still looks ugly now.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:08 AM
The Liquidator

WHAT WOULD U GUYS RATHER HAVE/.

2003 M3
OR
2003 350Z

Opinions needed
Old 08-12-2002, 02:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by purplehaze

2003 M3
OR
2003 350Z

Opinions needed
Hmmmm, let me think...uh, the M3.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:17 AM
The Liquidator

YES ;-)
Old 08-12-2002, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,451 Likes on 3,769 Posts
That's a no brainer-M3 has been on my wish list ever since they first started making it!
Old 08-12-2002, 06:14 AM
'Cooter

2003 M3
OR
2003 350Z

Opinions needed
hmmm...thoughts of summer of 2000 dance around in my head when we were comparing the 3-series to the CLS

Z's definitely the budget buy in my book, and the M3's premium is so worth it...both offer exceptional power...both do what they were meant to do very well, so both cars r worth the money IMO

u can mod up the Z BIGTIME to b an M3 killer, but no matter what u do to the Z to compete with the M, the Z will never b an M

honestly, the M is not worth breaking the bank over IMO, not at age 25/26...saving at least $10K AFTER heavily modding the Z is ...maybe when i'm 30 or older i'll have a different perspective, but i refuse to live paycheck to paycheck at my age just b/c i want the M...there will b other M's down the road...im patient when it comes to matters of finance

just my opinion tho
Old 08-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Rx Master

i aGREE, the z is the best bang for your buck, just like the cl-s was when it came out. id take it, but i am waiting for the infiniti g35 coupe, cause that will be much nicer and more luxurious.
wg
Old 08-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scooter

hmmm...thoughts of summer of 2000 dance around in my head when we were comparing the 3-series to the CLS

Z's definitely the budget buy in my book, and the M3's premium is so worth it...both offer exceptional power...both do what they were meant to do very well, so both cars r worth the money IMO

u can mod up the Z BIGTIME to b an M3 killer, but no matter what u do to the Z to compete with the M, the Z will never b an M

honestly, the M is not worth breaking the bank over IMO, not at age 25/26...saving at least $10K AFTER heavily modding the Z is ...maybe when i'm 30 or older i'll have a different perspective, but i refuse to live paycheck to paycheck at my age just b/c i want the M...there will b other M's down the road...im patient when it comes to matters of finance

just my opinion tho
Comparing a Z to an M3 is like comparing a Mustang to a Z06. You can make the Mustang as fast as a Z06 but in terms of anything else it's not a Z06 especially resale value.... Z included.

Almost any sport compact car can be made an M3 killer so what's the point?
Old 08-12-2002, 01:25 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2003 M3
OR
2003 350Z

Opinions needed
IMHO:

I would never buy a BMW product. Ubiquitous, overrated, overpriced, built on a company that prided itself in slave labor.

I would consider the 350Z but for whatever reason I've never liked the styling of the Datsun/Nissan/Infinity line, except for maybe the old roadsters they had in the 1960's (I think it was the Datsun 1600).

If these were my only two choices then I'd take the 350, but otherwise I'd do some more shopping.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Slimey
IMHO:

I would never buy a BMW product. Ubiquitous, overrated, overpriced, built on a company that prided itself in slave labor.

I would consider the 350Z but for whatever reason I've never liked the styling of the Datsun/Nissan/Infinity line, except for maybe the old roadsters they had in the 1960's (I think it was the Datsun 1600).

If these were my only two choices then I'd take the 350, but otherwise I'd do some more shopping.
That's weak:

Us Americans did too.

So did Japan.

So did Britain...

Slavery is throughout almost every culture.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I answered M3 cause the question was what would i rather have. Now what would i rather buy is another question. Prolly the Z just cause it's a good value.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Team Owner

What’s the “official” start of delivery for these ugly duckling Z-cars ???

Shawn S
Old 08-12-2002, 03:03 PM
hater

Originally posted by eclipse23

Comparing a Z to an M3 is like comparing a Mustang to a Z06. You can make the Mustang as fast as a Z06 but in terms of anything else it's not a Z06 especially resale value.... Z included.

Almost any sport compact car can be made an M3 killer so what's the point?
Ernie, you should take a look at the latest issue of the euro mag CAR for a write up on the Z. Pertinence? The Z didn't miss a step with the E46 M3 chase car when the staff was pushing hard through the backroads. The Z is an honest-to-god sportscar unlike the rustang.

Congrats on the M3 order. You're a brave, brave fucking man to still order after all of those grenading engine reports that have littered bimmer.org for months now. Did you get any kind of reassurance from BMW that those problems had been addressed?
Old 08-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Pro

Originally posted by droideka
Congrats on the M3 order. You're a brave, brave fucking man to still order after all of those grenading engine reports that have littered bimmer.org for months now. Did you get any kind of reassurance from BMW that those problems had been addressed?
My team lead has an M3 convertible, and YES it's awesome. He did his research before ordering one. Accourding to him, most of the problems experienced are these M3 guys can't WAIT to start tearing up the road. They don't give ample miles of breakin. I'm sure he hasn't broken 85mph yet. He has had it since June.

So we'll see how his "babying the car" strategy works.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Where is my super sauce?

That's weak:

Us Americans did too.

So did Japan.

So did Britain...

Slavery is throughout almost every culture.
Yes, but slavery exists in relatively few cultures in the 20th Century, and I am sure that most of us don't consider slavery as an acceptable financial and social plan.

I was giving my opinion regarding BMW versus Nissan. Slave labor is on the list of reasons why I would not own a BMW, not the only one, but a reasonably important one.

It was not my intention to hijack this thread and start a political discussion. We should probably move that to Ramblings. But (FYI):

Of all car companys that profited during World War II, BMW actually quadrupled its profits during this time, mostly due to its extreme use of slave labor. Slave labor was not imposed by the German govenment, it was a voluntary decision by the BMW executives.

BMW was not alone it its use of slave labor. Daimler Benz, Ford, and GM (Opel) also participated, but none to the level of BMW.

BMW is currently paying reparations to those affected by the slavery and while for many this may be enough of a 'sorry', I don't see why they should be forgiven for this policy.

This information is about 60 years old and should be common knowledge to most. Hopefully you have already formed an opinion about this issue.

I know of no incident where Americans (on American soil) or Britons (or Japanese, for that matter) employed slave labor in the manufacture of automobiles. Please enlighten me.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

You are a fuckin fool. So you saying people shouldnt buy a ACURA TLS/CLS cuz of tranny problems? Hell only reason we cant talk shit about your car is the fact its not even out yet.. the 350z wont be bulletproof just cuz its called the Z . Its the first model year of it, so im sure things will go wrong.Dont be so cocky about reliablity.. im sure it will bite you in tha ass.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:58 PM
hater

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout

You are a fuckin fool. So you saying people shouldnt buy a ACURA TLS/CLS cuz of tranny problems? Hell only reason we cant talk shit about your car is the fact its not even out yet.. the 350z wont be bulletproof just cuz its called the Z . Its the first model year of it, so im sure things will go wrong.Dont be so cocky about reliablity.. im sure it will bite you in tha ass.
You stupid, forgetful cocksmoker. I DID tell people not to buy the TL/CL because of tranny problems.

Who's talking about reliability here? A blown engine is not a reliability problem, that's a serious fucking issue. I'm positive something will show up on the Zs, but what do you expect for ~$35K. I'll tell you one thing, it won't be an engine or tranny issue. I'd expect a helluva lot more for ~$60K.

I haven't kept up with the E46 M3 in a couple of months, but the fact that around 100 engines have gone south is enough to give me pause when considering a purchase. I read all of those reports at bimmer.org. Did you? Obviously there are some people who are dumbasses and will drive the thing into the ground, but for the many who did not AND followed proper break-in procedure, what a fucking pisser.

BTW, why was it that you bought the 330 again? Was it because you were sick of the bullshit problems with the Acura?
Old 08-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Nope, i bought the 330ci cuz i wanted a better handling car and a manual. I didnt have any issues with my TLS it was rock soild.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Yes, but slavery exists in relatively few cultures in the 20th Century, and I am sure that most of us don't consider slavery as an acceptable financial and social plan.

I was giving my opinion regarding BMW versus Nissan. Slave labor is on the list of reasons why I would not own a BMW, not the only one, but a reasonably important one.

It was not my intention to hijack this thread and start a political discussion. We should probably move that to Ramblings. But (FYI):

Of all car companys that profited during World War II, BMW actually quadrupled its profits during this time, mostly due to its extreme use of slave labor. Slave labor was not imposed by the German govenment, it was a voluntary decision by the BMW executives.

BMW was not alone it its use of slave labor. Daimler Benz, Ford, and GM (Opel) also participated, but none to the level of BMW.

BMW is currently paying reparations to those affected by the slavery and while for many this may be enough of a 'sorry', I don't see why they should be forgiven for this policy.

This information is about 60 years old and should be common knowledge to most. Hopefully you have already formed an opinion about this issue.

I know of no incident where Americans (on American soil) or Britons (or Japanese, for that matter) employed slave labor in the manufacture of automobiles. Please enlighten me.
So, you'll purchase a Honda from a Nation that tortured, killed, THOUSANDS of our men? Baatan death march ring a bell to you?

You'll get insurance from some companies in this country that were around and profited from slavery here as well?

I mean if your gonna protest, sure go right ahead but buying from BMW does not make me a greater evil since I own a car from a country that wanted to take over the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people getting there.

If your to single out automotive industries that profited from slave labor as your only point of concern that's pretty granular. I assume you would not buy Mercedes either as they used to help smelt the gold out of the jewish people's mouths....

I just don't see how you could single out one company when thousands of companies have blood on their hands...
Old 08-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Safety Car

Well, this thread has been totally hijacked. Nice work jackasses..

and to the moron who said he wont buy BMW because of slavery, you are deffinetly a moron because if you gonna use something so stupid, at least maybe say because BMW build Germans tank or something along those lines or maybe work Holocaust in there somewhere, but slavery .........bitch plzzzzzz

Back on track...The Z is deffinetly growing on me, I cant wait to go test drive one. I m diging that PDG.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I mean if your gonna protest, sure go right ahead but buying from BMW does not make me a greater evil since I own a car from a country that wanted to take over the world and killed hundreds of thousands of people getting there.
You missed my point. I was not trying to evoke a political discussion. I was just adding this item on the list of points why I would not purchase a BMW, or specifically the M3. Notice that it was at the end of the list.

I don't know you. I don't know if you are evil or not. I do not consider BMW owners to be necessarily evil.

I just don't see how you could single out one company when thousands of companies have blood on their hands...
Well it's actually pretty easy. You just need to keep abreast of some history and current events. I also don't buy Union Carbide (Everyready) batteries. Sometimes its easy to avoid certain products (like BMW) and sometimes its not (your insurance example). I agree: the list of modern era corporate no-no's is long.
Originally posted by BigPimp
at least maybe say because BMW build Germans tank or something along those lines or maybe work Holocaust in there somewhere, but slavery .........bitch plzzzzzz
I was trying to separate National policy (Holocaust) from corporate policy (slave labor). The use of slave labor was a VOLUNTARY act by the BMW company. It was not imposed by the Nazi regime. The corporate big-wigs took advantage of a deplorable situation. Additionally, they were not a de facto part of the military machine like Junkers, Heinkel, and others.
Originally posted by BigPimp
Well, this thread has been totally hijacked. Nice work jackasses
Agreed. I'd rather talk about our car anyway.
[/done with thread hijacking]
Old 08-12-2002, 11:51 PM
Rx Master

maaaaaaaaaaan, what happened to my post. It was just about the Z, and now its about the germans and the BMWs, that suck. well the 3 series that is. I may look into the 5 series if i can get a used 540 at a nice price, BUT the Z is a nicer lookin car then the M3 and thats fact and its less then half the cost of it too.
if u wanna get political, i wouldmt buy a german POS cause of the holocoust but SHIT, slavery, i dont know about that. The holocoust was a huge part of german history and the bmw was part of that time period too. Every jew should hate all german shit cars and bmw especially, but nobody does anymore. well i dont want to get into this shit, but i really dislike the bmw, and if it was up to a decision on the Z or a 3 series, it would be the Z all the way.
wg
Old 08-13-2002, 12:15 AM
Race Director

the united states used to allow slavery...why do i forgive them and not bmw?
Old 08-13-2002, 01:41 AM
6th Gear

I came here to post the following information since the original poster is so crazy about seeing the Z. Your post has made its way to the BMW forum and we are laughing at your remarks. In NO WAY is the 350Z close to the M3 in looks or performance. Stop kidding yourself.

The original Datsun 240Z was a copy off of the Jaguar E-type and the sole existence for the Z was always made to be for cheap speed.... hence, its label as "the cheap man's Porsche." The M3 is NOT in that category.

> From: Nissan
> Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 8:21 PM
> Subject: Z auction on eBay, VIN #000001!
>
>
> Because you've expressed interest in the new Z®, here's
> another Z® you're going to want to know about: the one,
> the only 2003 Nissan 350ZTM, VIN #000001, that's being
> auctioned for charity on eBay.
>
> The auction runs from August 19 to August 29 at eBay.com/z.
> Come August 30, some very lucky, highly-envied bidder will
> be the owner of a vehicle worthy of the most distinguished
> car collections in the world, with the VIN# to prove it.
>
> Starting right now, you can warm up for the auction by
> visiting eBay.com/z and checking out this very special Z®.
> Once the auction starts on the 19th, be sure to check
> back often to see where the bidding stands. Perhaps
> even make a bid of your own.
>
> Either way, you'll be a part of history.
>
>
> Nissan, the Nissan Logo, Z and Nissan Model Names are
> Nissan trademarks. ©2002 Nissan North America, Inc.
> eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc
Old 08-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Rx Master

so what if it made its way to teh bmw forum, they are all losers there. I didnt say the Z was at the same par as the M3 but i personaly wouldnt pay for a m3 if i could get almost the same speed out of the Z. U can always add some shit to it to get some more horses out of it, and for still less then 20 grand, u can have equal car. Think about it.
wg
Old 08-13-2002, 09:02 AM
Moderator Alumnus

so what if it made its way to teh bmw forum, they are all losers there. I didnt say the Z was at the same par as the M3 but i personaly wouldnt pay for a m3 if i could get almost the same speed out of the Z. U can always add some shit to it to get some more horses out of it, and for still less then 20 grand, u can have equal car. Think about it.
wg
Yeah, an equal car let's just ignore everything but 1/4 mile times and call it equal. First off, can we stop comparing the Z to an M3? Both cars stock, non of this mod bullshit, the Z is not an M3 let's get a reality check. Comparing a 30K car to a damn near 60K car is getting ridiculous. Buy the Z for it being a Z but stop the 'if' and 'thens' its lame.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

wg

By your logic... you should have bought a mustang GT and add "some shit" to it then.

I really dont care, just like the all the other nissan hype, the 350z will die from popularity few months after its released. It will just be another maxima on the road. And then you can say goodbye to resale...

Now its a different story with the M3...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:51 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
IMHO:

I would never buy a BMW product.....built on a company that prided itself in slave labor.

I would consider the 350Z......
Yeah, built in a country that prided itself on Pearl Harbor

Weird logic.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:12 PM
'Cooter

this is hilarious!!!

"i'm not gonna buy American b/c they had slaves"
"i'm not buying German b/c of the Hollacost" (sp?)
"i'm not buying Korean b/c of North/South Korean conflict"
"i'm not buying Japanese for sneak attacking the US"
"i'm not buying Italian b/c their food SUX"
"i'm not buying Sweedish b/c...i hate their meatballs!!!"

"i'm buying Indian b/c they were being driven off their land!!!"

boys and girls, please

a Mustang is no CL...a CL is no M3...an M3 is no 911Turbo...modding up the car to compete against the next tier is great, but it doesn't change the fact that u own a Ford, a Honda, a bimmer, etc.

buy what u want b/c u want to, u can afford it, it makes YOU happy, etc...i think we're just spinning around in circles getting mad at each other for no good reason except to say maybe we'd rather diss each other's rides instead of giving props when props r due...how bout instead of everyone trying to look down at everyone else, we just accept the fact that we're all hardcore enthusiasts and love our cars very much...listen, if the riceboys on MTV can get along, y can't we???
Old 08-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Rx Master

ok now this is gettin funny, i am not sayin that the Z is better then the M3, but its deffinately a nice ride for the $$. I cant wait for the infiniti g35 coupe to make it to the market, all the looks of the Z, and the engine, but all the semi luxury of infiniti.
wg
Old 08-13-2002, 02:01 PM
hater

I really dont care, just like the all the other nissan hype, the 350z will die from popularity few months after its released. It will just be another maxima on the road. And then you can say goodbye to resale...

Now its a different story with the M3...
Hahaha! Out of touch much? I guess the 7,800 pre-orders that are waiting for their cars was just a lot of hype. Die from popularity? Damn, you are a funny man! You know, I think the 330ci is a KICK-ASS car and would be driving one right now if I didn't order the Z back in January, but you've obviously been drinking too much Bimmer koolaid. I'm always amazed at how quickly people lodge their heads in their asses after buying a 3 series. :P

Like it or not, the Z is going to be an automotive maelstrom that will shake up the industry. Have you even read a single, fucking article on the Z yet? The automotive press is eating it the fuck up. Witness in the coming months factory warrantied performance mods direct from Nissan Motorsports (NISMO). Where are your warranty safe mods? Oh yeah, that's right, Dinan's not factory approved.

Will it beat an M3? Fuck no. Not without forced induction or a serious engine build-up. Will it wipe the floor with the 330's brutalized carcass? You better fucking believe it.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Will it wipe the floor with the 330's brutalized carcass? You better fucking believe it.

haha actually i know it will. I love the 350z.. i just think the hype will die down after few months. That goes with any car that just comes out.

I READ alot of the stuff on the 350z.. but i want to hear it from owners who have it, and im dying to drive it!!! Its gonna be one fun car.
Old 08-13-2002, 02:29 PM
__

I'm always amazed at how quickly people lodge their heads in their asses after buying a 3 series. :P.
I am not saying Crazy or anybody else here is that way, but I hate when people think they are such hot shits in their 3 series (esp. the 323/325). They clearly bought the name and have no idea that it's a entry-level car. There was this bitch in Starbucks the other day walked in thinking she was hot (she was ugly btw), then she acts like a total snot, bossing around the starbucks employees. She kept waiving her keys and pointing at the menu so everybody could see the BMW symbol...which fit into a white 323i. I can't even explain how snotty she was.

The holocoust was a huge part of german history and the bmw was part of that time period too. Every jew should hate all german shit cars and bmw especially, but nobody does anymore.
And to add the the German car debate, the reason I drive Acuras is because my father is totally against German cars. I see his point, but plan on driving a Benz in the future...just like the rest of my family (excluding pops)
Old 08-13-2002, 02:33 PM
Team Owner

I'm always amazed at how quickly people lodge their heads in their asses after buying a 3 series.

Nothing personal to our two recent BIMMER converts, but THAT IS PRETTY FUKIN FUNNY.

Shawn S
Old 08-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

You must be kidding.......Amir, only you would change the photo.
Old 08-13-2002, 03:17 PM
hater

haha actually i know it will. I love the 350z.. i just think the hype will die down after few months. That goes with any car that just comes out.

I READ alot of the stuff on the 350z.. but i want to hear it from owners who have it, and im dying to drive it!!! Its gonna be one fun car.
OK, OK, I get it. You're just bashing on URIX. I was wondering why you were being so harsh on the Z. Honestly, man, I LOVE the 330ci. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to pick one up if the Z wasn't an option.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:06 PM
6th Gear

Hahah yeah, this thread just continues to be fed by URIX's obsurd accusations. I bet I can fix up a VW Rabbit and make it go faster than both the M3 and 350Z... and does that prove anything?

I was actually considering buying the Z as a cheaper alternative, but the more I look at the interior of the Z, the more I know I will not be happy with it in the long run. It is just too "kiddy" for me.

Both the Z and M3 are great cars and are great values for their price. But the M3 is clearly in a higher class so there is nothing to discuss here. In the end you do get what you pay for.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:49 PM
Rx Master

OK OK OK, if i had a choice of the SMG M3, then that car would be mine, but serously , for 60 grand its still a fuckin civic size rice rocket. i would rather have the 540 over it though, and ofcourse for these prices u can just buy 2 350Zs. I think i may just wait for 2004 when the new 395 supra comes out, or the new rx-7, maybe even the audi a6 TT. These are all going to be coming out int he future and will all be less then the M3.
wg

Quick Reply: Saw the new Z today