Saturn?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 01:57 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Saturn?

As a former Saturn owner, I keep with their little company and I just realized they are restyling their small car. Now wouldn't it be wild if they actually put this car into production with chrome 18"s ? Check out the gauges too, they put them in the middle of the dash ! Definatelty different. More pics here.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats the new ION coupe..my buddy works for saturn of milwaukee as a mechanic, thats the new coupe coming out this fall...i doubt if the 18" blingers willl be stock, but the car itself looks like that
Old 08-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Banned

that carbon fiber dash kit is an add on accessory
Old 08-20-2002, 02:21 PM
I Feel Too Old Here

wait a sec. i dont think i could live in a world with under $18k cars are running around with chrome 18's (see Saturn ION) and massive sound systems (see Scion).

what kind of world is this becoming!?
Old 08-20-2002, 02:26 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ItalianStallion
wait a sec. i dont think i could live in a world with under $18k cars are running around with chrome 18's (see Saturn ION) and massive sound systems (see Scion).

what kind of world is this becoming!?
dog-eat-dog world....

I'm looking at these pics, and I have to say...if it was rebadged a different brand I would definitely consider it.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:27 PM
Masshole

I wouldn't exactly call Saturn a little company. They're owned by General Motors.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Ick, Saturn... I really don't like the instrument cluster in the center. I love the wheels though; looks like the ones on the SEMA RSX... I think someone here has them too...
Old 08-20-2002, 04:03 PM
My Home Planet

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's a Saturn...

...nuff said
Old 08-20-2002, 04:14 PM

And what's wrong with Saturn? I know it's an American made car and everything, but it was by far one of the best cars I ever had. I rocked that thing to 170K almost problem free. It got great gas mileage and the insurance rates were the cheapest out of any car out there. Not to mention I was able to get a sunroof, leather, wood grain, auto everything and a 5 speed that shifted with such ease youd think it was automatic. It was easy to work on and Saturn provided such great service I didn't ever mind taking it in to them. Now I know that we are all "above" Saturn but don't knock their bang for the buck, reliability and custmer satisfaction. It's not a civic but last as long cost less and has leather as an option! The perfect college car for those of us not born with the SSITM syndrome!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Banned

exactly right, it is pretty pathetic when people are like "oh its a saturn" or "its a pontiac" well guess what big shot, it may be a pontiac, but its tranny is 10 times more reliable and it will smoke your ass in any race any day of the week.....theres no need to bash a car just because of what it is...ever hear of something called "demographics"?? certain cars are aimed at certain people...thats that....there will always be a huge market for cars that are "just a (name brand here)" ive driven chevys, buicks, pontiacs, and every one of them was great in a different way....and certain aspects of them may be better than a certain aspect on the CL-S.....bottom line is that its ignorant to trash something without any REAL data...."its a saturn" ...ok, sure, its a saturn...but how much is your insurance?? how long did your tranny last?? how many times you take your acura in for rattles??? thats what i thought.........go to the ferrari forum or something like that....im sure its been said many times "oh, thats just an acura" or "thats just a BMW...peice of shit, whatever"
Old 08-20-2002, 04:26 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Nice try....but it's still looks like a Saturn.
And that steering wheel is horrible!!!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
My sister and her husband have one Saturn, and just sold another one in replacement for a SUV. They've both produced ZERO problems...

Regardless of the look, etc. Saturns seem to have a rock solid track record. While I wouldn't consider buying one, plenty of people do. And as Jimcol said, it's demographics...
Old 08-20-2002, 06:28 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by Scrib
My sister and her husband have one Saturn, and just sold another one in replacement for a SUV. They've both produced ZERO problems...

Regardless of the look, etc. Saturns seem to have a rock solid track record. While I wouldn't consider buying one, plenty of people do. And as Jimcol said, it's demographics...
My wife has a 1997 Saturn SL2 and has not had the experience that the company purports. In the first 3 1/2 years of ownership she has gone through a couple sets of brakes, an alternator (first two years, not covered under warrenty), a battery (probably due to bad alternator), and, get this, four sunroof modules.

Each problem was met with a great deal of arguing with Saturn CORPORATE to get fixed. The last sunroof fix was not done until legal action was made towards Saturn. Saturn is not the friendly cult car club that they make themselves out to be. They really are just another division of GM.

Each time she brings in her car for another fix the mechanics say stuff like, 'oh the alternators go all the time'. We don't get the feeling that this car is different from the more traditional quality of American small cars.

I also heard others post bad experiences with their 1997 Saturn. Maybe it was a bad model year.

No more Saturn/GM for this family.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:03 PM

Now I must admit after 120K I had to change my alternator. It took 3 trys before I decided to get one that wasn't rebuilt (needless to say, I can change an alternator with ease now). I blamed the need for the alternator on the system that I had at the time. It is still a GM car company nonetheless and everyone want have trouble free times. My experience was great though!
Old 08-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally posted by bl^5
Now I must admit after 120K I had to change my alternator. It took 3 trys before I decided to get one that wasn't rebuilt (needless to say, I can change an alternator with ease now). I blamed the need for the alternator on the system that I had at the time. It is still a GM car company nonetheless and everyone want have trouble free times. My experience was great though!
Her alternator went after 20 or 30K miles and it was not considered part of the powertrain warranty. We had to buy the new one!
Old 08-21-2002, 12:26 AM
Instructor

I owned two new 96 Saturns. Ones SL2 and SC2. My coupe was in the shop so many times I couldn't count. The Cruise went out, I had electrical problems, The engine started smoking at only 30,000 miles. I always kept my oil changed at 3K. My SL2 didn't have any major problems, but it had a lot of little problems. The only thing I liked about my Saturns was the buying experience. I was so upset with the quality I bought a 98 Accord LX-V6. The car was perfect. Not a single problem for 3 years. My TL-S is almost 1.5 years old now, and only minor problems. Center Console won't latch, and warped roters.