Rotor applicable in Canada??? help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotor applicable in Canada??? help!

Hey guys,

Well, like everyone else, I too took my car in today for my rotors. Well needless to say they did need to be fixed up. Seeing as I just got my baby (pre-owned tho) this was my first time at this dealership, so I wasn't very familiar with any of the guys working there. Well this told me that the rotors would need to be spun, and I mentioned to him that I'm a member of this website, and that it was brought to my attention that there is a TSB out for the car concerning this problem. Well, he beat around the bush and said that what I heard was on the net, so it must have been referring to US acuras, and that there is nothing out for us up here in Canada. I told him that I wasn't too sure about that, but because he already had my car up, I told him to go ahead with it, and that I would look into this more and back to speka with him.

So guys, is this true??? Did I really need to fork over the 200 bones? Someone please help me out here.....and if you guys in the Toronto area can recommend a good dealership to go to for servicing, please let me know. I went to Acura 2000 in Brampton, and I really wasn't happy with their service. The guy told me it'd only take an hour to do to the job...plus a little bit more for a car wash.....I ended sitting there for 3 hours, and left without the was cuz it was taking waaaaay too long!

Thanks
Old 08-12-2002, 11:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Rotor applicable in Canada??? help!

Originally posted by kooly
Hey guys,

Well, like everyone else, I too took my car in today for my rotors. Well needless to say they did need to be fixed up. Seeing as I just got my baby (pre-owned tho) this was my first time at this dealership, so I wasn't very familiar with any of the guys working there. Well this told me that the rotors would need to be spun, and I mentioned to him that I'm a member of this website, and that it was brought to my attention that there is a TSB out for the car concerning this problem. Well, he beat around the bush and said that what I heard was on the net, so it must have been referring to US acuras, and that there is nothing out for us up here in Canada. I told him that I wasn't too sure about that, but because he already had my car up, I told him to go ahead with it, and that I would look into this more and back to speka with him.

So guys, is this true??? Did I really need to fork over the 200 bones? Someone please help me out here.....and if you guys in the Toronto area can recommend a good dealership to go to for servicing, please let me know. I went to Acura 2000 in Brampton, and I really wasn't happy with their service. The guy told me it'd only take an hour to do to the job...plus a little bit more for a car wash.....I ended sitting there for 3 hours, and left without the was cuz it was taking waaaaay too long!

Thanks
damn 3 hours

i feel for you bro. next time demand for a rental!!!!! US or Canada this car was still manufactured in North America so its pretty much the same car in the states.

what year is the car? how long have you had it? this could have been a warranty issue if the problem occured recently since you got the car. if you havent had the car that long then they should have done the service for free...

sidemarker
Old 08-12-2002, 11:58 PM
Race Director

my acura dealer told me the same thing about the actuator, the squeek fixes, and even the tranny
Old 08-12-2002, 11:58 PM
Race Director

but they were wrong...

u gotta fight man
Old 08-13-2002, 12:43 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah 3 hours is a long time for a car wash! Well I got the car like 2 months ago. It had about 39,000km on it at the time, and now I got about 50,000km....I know, thats a lot to put on, but I'd been travelling back n forth from school a LOT. But I still got 10,000km left on my warranty. So I guess according to Amir, the TSB still works for me right? How would I tell the service guy this, seeing as he believes its only a US thing?
Old 08-13-2002, 01:03 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
go to acura woodbine and speak with Earl...

tell him you are a friend of Robbs from the board...he'll take care of you.