road rage!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
road rage!!!!!

On wednsday morning I was going to work minding my business and I had just taken the exit of the SR143 to University drive. I was pulling up to the light in the left lane and saw that a tan ford POS hat hit the tahoe in front of him. They decided there was no damage and both got back in there vehicles. I gave the guy alot of space to back up off of the tahoe but he just kept backing up. He was coming close to my car so I tapped the horn to let him know that I was there. He stops, looks at me out his driver window, flips me off and then while still looking at me gives it some gas and purposly hit's me. Son of a bitch, the moment I saw him do that I was on the phone with the police, He gets out of his ford piece of crap and walks fast towards my drivers side. I rolled up the window and locked my doors. He then tries to pry up my door handle a couple of times, then he starts to punch my drivers side window. He tried breaking it about ten times and then gave up and went back to his truck. This time he moved his truck forward and then put something in his pocket and came back to my car tried to break the window again but probably broke his hand. I had my hands firmly pressed against the glass so it wouldn't break as easy. Keep in mind that this was going on through 5 light cycles and about 50 witnesses behind me. He then took off running a red light of course and almost got hit again. The police are still not there. So I pulled off the side of the road at the next light since there is no where to pull over within 100 yards and there was a butload of cars behind me. They cought up with the guy about a mile down the road. He's 20 yrs. old and drunk off his ass. Damn cop gave me his ins. info but it was 5 digits short and his VIN# which was 7 digits short? Damn cops couldn't decide who's call it was because I was on the freeway exit ramp, I was at the city limit for both Phoenix and tempe. So lo and behold 15 cops show up about ten minutes later. Kid gets DUI, assault with a deadly weapon. Seeing him in that cop car made it all worth it. The ball from his trailer hitch put a nice little perfectly round tennis ball shape dent in my bumper. I would have got out and broke him down but You never no what people out there are going to do or if they have a gun/knife etc.

Sorry for the book.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Holy Shit. Glad your ok!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Reasons like what you have posted above is why I have a carry permit.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Tasers are still legal I have mine in my drivers door.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

That sucks....people are just getting nuts. My brother was shot at on the freeway with a bb gun and it ieft a nice trail of little paint chips and dents. Sometimes it's not worth it to get out and take them down, like you said, you never know what they might be carrying.

Hope your car gets fixed right and this sucker doesn't get off too easy.

BTW, which is your car...I've been seeing quite a bit of CL-S out here lately.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You did the right thing. I would have had him pay for busting my ride if I had a really bad day. It would have ended up like a UFC match with his ass knocked out and the cops rolling up. You did the right thing by not losing it though. Better to have a damaged car than being shot at.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Undercover Slacker

good course of action
Old 04-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting how long it took the cops to get there, must of been on a donut break. You did the right thing, eventhough I probably would of ran the guy over myself.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Glad to hear you're ok!

You definitely did the right thing. I on the other hand would have followed him till the cops caught up. Of course, with my luck, or lack thereof rather, they never would have caught him and i'd get stuck paying for it.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
*East Bay Representative*

I guess you did the right thing I just don’t believe anybody should let people violate their personal space/ property like that, without doing something about it But what do I know, like you said they could have had a weapon right… What if he pulled out a gun and shot your windows out then shot you, or managed to brake your window and stab you? I guess what I'm trying to say is, I’d rather go down fighting Hey at least you didn’t get hurt
Old 04-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned

Yeah wow thats crazy. Talk about a bit excessive on his part. Yeah some dipshit like that, I'd want to kick the shit out of him for acting like that. Peoples tempers. Good thing he got a DUI and got arrested, hopefully, he'll learn his lesson! Glad your ok! Sucks bout your car too.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the moral support guys. I didn't get out because the way he approached my car and tried to pry the door open and It looked like he put something in his pocket, plus you can just tell he was high on something. He had a shaved head, some tattoo's, wearing a shirt with a big ass pot leaf on the front. He just looked gansta. I could have totally taken him out, he was like 5.8 and I'm 6.1 175lbs. I woulda broke his face. But, I have a fiancee to think about and I'm 24 not a crazy 18yr. old anymore. I would have followed him too but he ran a red light and I was stuck sitting at the light. when I went down to identify him in the police cruiser, I just smiled at him and said "yup, that's him" peice of shit got what he deserved. My insurance company said that if he didn't have current insurance they would go after him personaly for any damages. I just want to know what kind of 20yr old is drunk at 9am.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Advanced

blackgsr. I have a silver cl-p no s-type, but she runs like a bat outa hell. I saw a pimp daddy gold cl-s on the 60 the other day, had rims and a drop, anybody here?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Pres TeamMidnightInvasion

if it turns out he doesnt have insurance, would u have to pay your deduct. to get your car fixed?
Old 04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Advanced

I don't know yet. My insurance lady is the best I have ever worked with. I told them that I don't want to pay the deductable because the deductable would be more than the body work would cost anyways. She recorded my statement of what happened over the phone, so If they do have to go after him they would. It's looks like somebody through a 2lb. raquet ball at my bumper.? It doesn't look that bad. But, I think I heard my baby cry in the garage last night. She's a little emotional right now.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
GEEZER

Originally Posted by 1upacura
Thanks for the moral support guys. I didn't get out because the way he approached my car and tried to pry the door open and It looked like he put something in his pocket, plus you can just tell he was high on something. He had a shaved head, some tattoo's, wearing a shirt with a big ass pot leaf on the front. He just looked gansta. I could have totally taken him out, he was like 5.8 and I'm 6.1 175lbs. I woulda broke his face. But, I have a fiancee to think about and I'm 24 not a crazy 18yr. old anymore. I would have followed him too but he ran a red light and I was stuck sitting at the light. when I went down to identify him in the police cruiser, I just smiled at him and said "yup, that's him" peice of shit got what he deserved. My insurance company said that if he didn't have current insurance they would go after him personaly for any damages. I just want to know what kind of 20yr old is drunk at 9am.
where you live in Chandler? I lived in Tempe for 12 years.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Advanced

I live in the south-east part of chandler closer the Gilbert area. How long have you been gone? The valley has grown like you wouldn't believe. Every time I turn around there's another building here another building there, a mall over here, a super target there.......etc.
LOL..it's the truth though.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Wow. I'm glad you're okay. That sucks. Some dude did that shit to my mom. 'cept when he aproached her door, she kicked her door open in his face, and knocked him out. lol.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
GEEZER

I live in the south-east part of chandler closer the Gilbert area. How long have you been gone? The valley has grown like you wouldn't believe. Every time I turn around there's another building here another building there, a mall over here, a super target there.......etc.
Left Phx in 99. Glad I did. Place is like Los Angeles with cactus. I left L.A. in 86.

Florida is beautiful
Old 04-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Reasons like what you have posted above is why I have a carry permit.
It boggles my mind that many individuals don't bother to excercise a right that could potentially save their lives or the lives of loved ones. Good job 1killercls

1upacura, http://nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=AZ read it, study it, respect it, exercise it. . Glad to hear that you werent physically injured though, but really should have some means of defending yourself.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

I live in SE Chandler as well....I see a couple CL-S getting off the Santan here and there. I usually see a black and a silve one with a drop....maybe one is yours?

You may see mine....anthracite and no mods.

See ya around!
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Advanced

man you got some pretty good control, i sure i would have hit him with my door and proceeded to to pummel him, but that prob wouldnt have been the right choice, (damn temper)
Old 04-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 599 Likes on 417 Posts
That's fucking nuts. This is why they need to start nutering dumbass people like that.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:13 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
i don't know how i didn't see this thread before. that's some shit right there!! i don't know what i would've done being in that situation.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:22 AM
SOLD

Indeed, protect yourself by any means necessary! Gotta keep a strap, I turned 21 awhile ago and time is nearing! I am thinking about a 9mm with hollow tip rounds, semi's are nice but jamming could be the difference of still breathing. Fully auto might be nice, but don't know much about them or if they are concealed permissable. Hell, read the news just the other day one of our Denver Nuggets (Julius Hodge) was shot on the highway on the North side. The guy looked gangsta? F**k what he looks like, he obviously wants something of you! With him being belligerant and drunk, knock him down and cops would not think anything other than self defense. As long as you didn't keep beating him...People like that (whether drunk or sober) try and use fear as a form of mental manipulation, dont oblige them by being intimidated.
BTW, 9AM is ridiculous, maybe he got drunk late the night before? Or he has problems.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Racer

uhhh... skirt... get out the car like a man and stomp his ass.. Jeez.. Some guy does that to me and he's eatin thru a straw for a month... Like the old bumper sticker.. You toucha my car, I breaka your face.. Step up.. Skirt...