Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this right?

Took the intake off, to install the p2r spacer. And I started the car up to have my friend rev it up to make sure the butter fly valves are opening up properly. Only one of the valves were opening, that was the one closest to the engine. The valve closest to the driver side tire was not moving at all. Whats up with that? Is this the IRMC valve I have been hearing about? Are they both supposed to open?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
is it in the "open" position? i think thats the VSA. I believe how it works is that the plate is always open until VSA engages and thats when the plate closes. as the plate closes, the air is cut off to the engine, as if your foot was off the throttle, slowing down your car and cutting off the power preventing a slide or skid.

the IMRC is on the other side of the engine i believe.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
is it in the "open" position? i think thats the VSA. I believe how it works is that the plate is always open until VSA engages and thats when the plate closes. as the plate closes, the air is cut off to the engine, as if your foot was off the throttle, slowing down your car and cutting off the power preventing a slide or skid.

the IMRC is on the other side of the engine i believe.
Yeah it was just always open, it looked like there was a mass air flow sensor hooked up to it.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Like I said, its the VSA then.
If you wanted to see if the IMRC was working, your supposed to look at the actuator towards the back of the engine on the passenger side. you should see it flip as you pass 3800 RPM