Reminiscing, mournfully

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM
2003 CL Base

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Reminiscing, mournfully

You ever get a random pang of sorrow about a lost girlfriend, or dear pet? I'm getting one now, but for my car. I bought my 03 in 2006 and swore I'd keep it for the rest of my life but it was totaled about a year ago. It may sound stupid, but it still really hurts. I truly loved that car. I loved looking at it, driving it, hell, just sitting in it, the fit and feel of the interior was just perfect to me. It was my first V6, my first luxury car, and going from an Accord to this, man, I felt like a king. Such a solid car, from the sound of the door shutting, to the quiet ride, and that eager 225 hp was just magnificent to drive

Over all those years, with the help of this amazing community I learned so much about car repair and still am amazed at all the successful projects I did in my own garage, with basic tools. Having put all that energy and work into maintaining and repairing my car brought such a strong sense of accomplishment and continually strengthened that totally irrational emotional bond I had with the car.

I joined this forum in 2008. Seems like a lifetime ago. But I have such great memories of being here, learning so much from all of you fellow enthusiasts so passionate about this 2nd gen CL. I really am thankful for the experience.

My sons have pushed me to find another one but I won't do it. MY car had all my blood, sweat, temper tantrums and busted knuckles, all the parts I've replaced, all the lessons learned. I'm just not interested in a replacement.
To all of you still maintaining this car, be proud and keep it up! It's something special to be a part of.

Thank you for everything.

Last edited by peterparker; Yesterday at 02:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by peterparker:
Longtall (Today), ProfessorFunk (Today)
Old Today, 04:15 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Sorry for your loss and I totally understand how you feel. When you put your all into a car and suddenly it’s no longer here, that’s heartbreaking. I know I thought I was gone from Acura when I brought my Maxima and gave my mom the CL-S, but after watching her sit in the driveway and die, the door opened up and I got her back. You never know what tomorrow may bring, you might find another one that needs to be rescued.