rear passenger rattle above window

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 08:35 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear passenger rattle above window

I've been reading about all the rattles. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only when that gets aggravated with it... I expect more from a luxury type car than this. My old car didn't have the damn rattles, and it was an economy car! (I haven't pinpointed the rattle yet. I have two. One is when the bass from music is loud, and two is the rear passenger side window. I believe its the plastic above the small window towards the rear shelf. Any ideas on how to fix that?) My boyfriend has a 2002 CLS and has no problems whatsoever with rattles. And his has more miles than mine! (mine is a 2001 CLS)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Intermediate

Is it a chirping noise?....if so I have the same damn problem. I will await other responses.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Burning Brakes

mine souds like its coming from the center kinda on the rear deck.... i guess id have to have someone drive me around while I SIT IN THE BACK OF MY OWN CAR>>>> WTF...lol the dealer should do that crap
Old 02-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Advanced

I have had rattles out the ass on my 03 CLS, I'v just come to accept them for the most part at this point, I mean you fix one and another pops up not to much later...But your rattle may be the torsion bars in the trunk, I had a rattle and it sounded like it was in the rear deck, but someone here suggested it could be the torsion bars rubbing together, so I wraped the area where they meet in electrical tape, and it took car of it, you could try this.....
Old 02-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by palanaki
......(I haven't pinpointed the rattle yet. I have two. One is when the bass from music is loud, and two is the rear passenger side window. I believe its the plastic above the small window towards the rear shelf. Any ideas on how to fix that?)...... (mine is a 2001 CLS)
I have an early 2001 CL-S (Feb., 2000). I found that the third brake light rattled against the metal reinforcement under the rear shelf and the rear pockets vibrated against the metal braces under each rear window. Also, driver door wiring was rattling. I fixed all with foam (various thickness) that had adhesive on one side which I got from the Acura dealer's detail department at no charge. Stuff foam everywhere. Finally, replace all the plastic clips on any panel that you remove. My
Old 02-10-2005, 12:35 PM
10th Gear

Is it a chirping noise?....if so I have the same damn problem. I will await other responses.

YEP. MINE IS A CHIRPING NOISE... ANNOYING AS HELL (THE SOUND CLOSE TO THE WINDOW. STARTS UP WHEN I AM ON UNEVEN ROADS THAT HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENT LITTLE TINY TINY HILL TYPE BUMPS)

Originally Posted by Bladehunter
your rattle may be the torsion bars in the trunk, I had a rattle and it sounded like it was in the rear deck, but someone here suggested it could be the torsion bars rubbing together, so I wraped the area where they meet in electrical tape, and it took car of it, you could try this.....

Ok, I can see how my 2nd rattle might be this... I hate to ask but is the torsion bars the two 1/4 inch bars in the trunk of the upper self that crossies each other? I am pretty new to all the technical names and parts of cars. Don't know too much about cars, but learning is a good thing! (That's why I am here)
Old 02-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Advanced

If it's a chirping sound then more then likely it's the torsion bars as that is what I would describe the sound which they made when I had this problem. The torsion bars are the bars which pop the trunk open, and cross each other....