Racing Hart / Dazz Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Racing Hart / Dazz Sucks

I curbed two of my Racing Hart C2s back in the Spring. Pretty minor damage if you ask me. Just barely nicked the curb parallel parking in Manayunk, PA. Well I looked at getting them repaired at Wheel Collision up in Bath, PA. I took the wheels to them and they quoted me some ridiculous number, I think it was at least $200-$300 a wheel. Keep in mind these are three piece wheels, and the damage is only to the polished lip and it's pretty minor. They told me the problem was that they are anodized aluminum and that the coating has to be stripped, and then the wheel repaired. And removal and install of the lip seems like a lot of work. They said they could either polish the lip, or chrome it for me, but did not have the ability to re-anodize it. They would not look the same as the other two. So I thought why can't I just buy two new lips and have them installed. Now the fun starts

So I called DazzMotorSports and told them I was interested in purchasing two lips. They told me that Racing Hart will not sell me just the lips and that I'd have to just order two new wheels. Sure, two $600 wheels. No problem. I even had Ron (StreetEffectz) call his Racing Hart rep and see if he could talk to Racing Hart direct. No luck.

What's the point of a three-piece wheel if you can't replace the lip? I don't understand their logic.

So now I'm debating what to do. Wheel Collision can chrome all the lips for me, but now were talking somewhere around $800.

Anybody have any success with getting an anodized lip repaired and then re-anodized? I can't seem to find anyone that can do that. I would consider having Wheel Collision do the repair and then have them ship them out to have them anodized.

Any ideas????
Old 11-01-2002, 10:40 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
?What's the point of a three-piece wheel if you can't replace the lip?
Old 11-01-2002, 02:28 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
its bullshit but alot of companies are doing it. no fuckin idea why...

if your going to get a 3-piece wheel you should really just spend a little more and get them from one of the custom forged wheel builders. they treat you right down the road.

racing hart is bullshit. they get more respect then the deserve.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:47 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by soopa
its bullshit but alot of companies are doing it. no fuckin idea why...

if your going to get a 3-piece wheel you should really just spend a little more and get them from one of the custom forged wheel builders. they treat you right down the road.

racing hart is bullshit. they get more respect then the deserve.
Agree with you 100%...Fikse and HRE will sell just the lip, center, etc. that's how it should be on all 3 piece wheels. Good luck NSXNEXT
Old 11-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Honkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dad has a set of CCE's on his Porsche and he had all 4 wheels curbed really bad. They just polished his lips and it looks better than new. I think it was about $500 for all 4
-Aaron