fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Smitty02CLs
Tally, where in JAX did you live? I have friends there

ponte vedra i lived in sawgrass
Old 08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Banned

did this Tom2 guy have an Acura before or just here hangin out?
Old 08-09-2002, 03:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Originally posted by Tom2

What are you, like, 10 years old or something?

Anyway, nothing is "up" with me and Mustangs. I owned two of them in the past and I still like them, that's all.

I have two cars that are both faster than current Mustang GTs, but I still have respect for the Stangs.

And you should too, especially since you drive a front wheel drive car with a V6 engine. LOL
no i'm 22..

well thats cool but why should i have respect for stangs when all mustang owners think there shit don't stink..

one more thing until you give the proper respect for CL's and CL-S then fuck you and your mustangs
Old 08-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Originally posted by fastvtecCL

no i'm 22..

well thats cool but why should i have respect for stangs when all mustang owners think there shit don't stink..

one more thing until you give the proper respect for CL's and CL-S then fuck you and your mustangs
Using your logic, why should I have any respect for the CL-S when their owners think they're the shit?

I owned a CL-S. I know what it is capable of.....
Old 08-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Unregistered Member

Originally posted by JokerABC
did this Tom2 guy have an Acura before or just here hangin out?
Yeah, silver CL-S Navi. Anything else you need to know?
Old 08-09-2002, 06:31 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing GT Mustangs

I dont need a Mustang. I have an M3 and Supra Turbo.:sqntfawk: :sqntfawk:
Dude,

Your trying to stick up for an american made car, when you say you own a German and Jap car?? Smells a little fishy to me....
Old 08-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Racing GT Mustangs

Originally posted by Rips CL

Dude,

Your trying to stick up for an american made car, when you say you own a German and Jap car?? Smells a little fishy to me....
Hey, I also have a Ford Escape. Is that American enough for ya?

Besides, this has nothing to do with the nationality of the car. I couldn't care less if they were all made in Yugoslavia
Old 08-09-2002, 07:29 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Re: What the?

No doubt that the Acura CL-S is a higher tech car than a Mustang GT.

The Mustang uses more cubic inches to achieve it's 260 HP, while the Acura uses technology (like vtec) to achieve it's 260 HP.

And don't look now, but the Mustang engine makes more torque, which is exactly what WINS drag races.

But so what? Your high-tech Acura costs about $10,000 more than the lower tech Mustang.

Imagine what Ford could do if they made a Mustang that sold for 30 something grand...... Oh yeah, they already did that. It's called the 2003 Mustang Cobra. It has 390 HP (which is underrated, by the way) and will run 12's bone stock.
A-MEN

You guys need to get over yourselves......especially if you think that the Mustang is a piece of shit. Learn to respect it.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: Re: What the?

It's called the 2003 Mustang Cobra. It has 390 HP (which is underrated, by the way) and will run 12's bone stock.

You guys need to get over yourselves......especially if you think that the Mustang is a piece of shit. Learn to respect it.
That $35,000 Cobra that you mentioned.....I would like you to look at the interior of the car. This is why people say American cars are crap. They still haven't figured out what the consumer wants!! Look, they still have those shit dials for the heat and the air conditioning. That's Luxury at it's best.....NOT!! This from a $35,000 car???

Old 08-09-2002, 08:39 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
The BS flying through this thread requires goggles and a gas mask.

An '02 Mustang GT is a 5.4 second to 60 car. I don't care what anyone here says, until I see a video of a CL-S "walking" on a GT, I'm raising the BS flag.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:14 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Originally posted by charliemike

An '02 Mustang GT is a 5.4 second to 60 car.
In your dreams!! Get a grip!! Here is a site with the data for the GT, Cobra, etc.

http://www.ford.jbroadtests.com/Must.../index4.php#v6

I think it says 6 sec to 60 and 14.7 in 1/4. It also says the top speed is 139. These are facts....read them and weep!!! Don't start throwing around false information...
Old 08-09-2002, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

I live in Indianapolis, and challenge all of you guys to bring your Rice out to IRP on Tuesday night to back up all these BS claims about how you smoke GTs all the time. Ive already beat up on a guy at work who was always talkin crap about how fast his DOHC VTEC was, his best time at IRP was a 16.572@84.33MPH...............uh not real impressed. I was over 2 sec faster than he was on all 3 of our runs, and Im 100% stock. He has a CAI and some kind of suspension mod and enough stickers and R crap that he believes hes faster than he really is, just like you guys! Bring em out boys and post pics of your time slips. Otherwise dry up, you guys try justifying the high price you paid for your ride but ragging on the mustang.........Ill take American Muscle over rice anyday of the week. But then again you guys live in the Fantasy world of the Fast and Furious. Laughing at you not with ya
Old 08-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by GTsmokesRICE
Ive already beat up on a guy at work who was always talkin crap about how fast his DOHC VTEC was, his best time at IRP was a 16.572@84.33MPH...............uh not real impressed.
IMO, this is completely irrelevant. The CL is a SOHC engine, not DOHC. So I'm not sure what you were refering to??
Old 08-10-2002, 12:07 AM

I live in Indianapolis, and challenge all of you guys to bring your Rice out to IRP on Tuesday night to back up all these BS claims about how you smoke GTs all the time. Ive already beat up on a guy at work who was always talkin crap about how fast his DOHC VTEC was, his best time at IRP was a 16.572@84.33MPH...............uh not real impressed. I was over 2 sec faster than he was on all 3 of our runs, and Im 100% stock. He has a CAI and some kind of suspension mod and enough stickers and R crap that he believes hes faster than he really is, just like you guys! Bring em out boys and post pics of your time slips. Otherwise dry up, you guys try justifying the high price you paid for your ride but ragging on the mustang.........Ill take American Muscle over rice anyday of the week. But then again you guys live in the Fantasy world of the Fast and Furious. Laughing at you not with ya

why does you location say NC

if your in north carolina come get some
Old 08-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

i don't know what kind of car your buddy has, but my 3.2 CL Type-S is a SINGLE over head cam NOT a DOHC. So get your facts straight before you flap the gums! If your only running 2 seconds faster that would have you at 14.572, about right since I read everywhere that a 2002 GT will do 14.7. But that still isn't good enough to touch me. So go race your buddy, who probably has a 4 cylinder car, and feel good about your car. But we all know the truth!
Old 08-10-2002, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun in your Gt . In 1 year when the engine goes out then you will be looking to buy a nice ricemobile.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by acnup00tl
Have fun in your Gt . In 1 year when the engine goes out then you will be looking to buy a nice ricemobile.
Let’s be real though, the GT engine and manual is also very stout. The interior is what kills it but it is priced accordingly (the GT that is).

BTW, I've seen many blown import 4-bangers, have even wrenched a few. But there seems to be a notion that import drivetrain are better is completely ignorant. If items like interior fit'n'finish are mention I would certainly agree. But the items that motivate the car are sound in domestic form.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:38 AM
Racer

I have never heard anyone consider a CLS/TLS rice before. So what is your definition of rice? I have never seen a CLS with a huge wing, stickers, and coffee can exhaust which I consider rices out a car. You said your car runs approx 14.5. That is right on par with a CLS/TLS. I'm not bashing mustangs in any way as I am a fan of muscle cars namely the WS6 and vette, however you are making fun of a car that has the same horsepower as your car with 2 less cylinders and a much smaller engine.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:16 AM
Advanced

This is too funny.

So we've got a lot of posturing and ball grabbing so far. I AM still amazed that these 8 cylinder small-dick guys are worried about our weighty sport-luxury 6 bangers; that says more than I ever could. We all need to feel better about the mistakes we make and if bashing Acura make the GT owners feel better about their buyer's remorse, I say we should just give them a pat on the head and say "It's alright, someday you'll make a better choice". Off the subject a bit -what would a supercharger or turbo charger do for the 3.2 CL-S engine?
Old 08-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Unregistered Member

Re: This is too funny.

Originally posted by JimBob
Off the subject a bit -what would a supercharger or turbo charger do for the 3.2 CL-S engine?
Probably blow it up!
Old 08-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: What the?

That $35,000 Cobra that you mentioned.....I would like you to look at the interior of the car. This is why people say American cars are crap. They still haven't figured out what the consumer wants!! Look, they still have those shit dials for the heat and the air conditioning. That's Luxury at it's best.....NOT!! This from a $35,000 car???

Luxury? No Mustang is about anything luxury. You're not paying for a pretty interior. You're not paying for a supple ride. You're not paying for a status symbol.

YOU'RE PAYING FOR A 390 HP, TEAR-A-NEW-ASSHOLE PERFORMANCE CAR!!!

Who gives a fuck about the interior?

Show me ANY other car that runs 12's bone stock for under $35,000.

I'm waiting.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Unregistered Member

In your dreams!! Get a grip!! Here is a site with the data for the GT, Cobra, etc.

http://www.ford.jbroadtests.com/Must.../index4.php#v6

I think it says 6 sec to 60 and 14.7 in 1/4. It also says the top speed is 139. These are facts....read them and weep!!! Don't start throwing around false information...
Okay, here are some more facts for you:

Quoted from MotorTrend.com on a 99GT Road test:

. At the dragstrip, the '99 GT's performance numbers, though great for a Mustang, are still not tops in this muscular crowd. Yet, 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds and a 14.0-second/100.2-mph quarter-mile run is as good or better than any stock Mustang we've ever tested....

Looks like the 0-60 time of 5.4 is right on according to Motor Trend.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Unregistered Member

And here's more data from another Motor Trend test.

This is a test of a CONVERTIBLE GT, which also happens to be an automatic trans GT (the heaviest and slowest GT you can buy).

Ford Mustang GT

Vehicle configuration............Front engine/rear drive
.............................................2-dr. convertible

Engine type...........................V-8, SOHC, 2 valves/cyl.
Displacement, ci/cc.............. 280.1/4588
Horsepower @ rpm................260 @ 5250
Torque @ rpm........................300 @ 4000
Transmission type..................4-speed auto.
Wheelbase, in/mm.................101.3/2573
Base curb weight, lb...............3429
0-60 mph, sec.........................6.2
Quarter mile, sec/mph............14.6/95.4
Braking 60-0 mph, ft...............123
Lateral acceleration, g............0.84

Even a heavy-ass automatic, convertible GT still ran a mid-14 second time.

You guys asked for this information, so here it is.....

But you should really get out from behind your computers and visit a local drag strip. Then, you'd see for yourself the types of times that Mustangs can run.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Luxury? No Mustang is about anything luxury.
That's what I mean, they don't know what the consumer wants. Maybe an 18 year old kid just wants a car because its fast, but once you get older and wiser you relize that we have speed limit laws in this country and if you don't want to have your license taken away, you want a little luxury in your cars. Heated seats, great sounding stereo, leather to die for.....not a rattle trap with a large engine in it. My friend has a Cobra Kit that was less then 35K, and his car would kick the shit out of the car. So you are still not justifying this 35K purchase.....please Ford, put some quility into your cars!!
Old 08-10-2002, 12:24 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Looks like the 0-60 time of 5.4 is right on according to Motor Trend.
Motor Trend??? You can buy results from Motor Trend.....Don't believe everything you read....every place else you look the times are in the 6 sec and mid 14's

Also, you never mentioned the great top speed of the GT being 139!!!
Old 08-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

That's what I mean, they don't know what the consumer wants. Maybe an 18 year old kid just wants a car because its fast, but once you get older and wiser you relize that we have speed limit laws in this country and if you don't want to have your license taken away, you want a little luxury in your cars. Heated seats, great sounding stereo, leather to die for.....not a rattle trap with a large engine in it. My friend has a Cobra Kit that was less then 35K, and his car would kick the shit out of the car. So you are still not justifying this 35K purchase.....please Ford, put some quility into your cars!!
Blah, blah, blah.... yet you still didn't show me a $35,000 car that runs 12's bone stock. I'm still waiting.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Unregistered Member

Motor Trend??? You can buy results from Motor Trend.....Don't believe everything you read....every place else you look the times are in the 6 sec and mid 14's

Really? I don't think so. Car and Driver got 14.0 second 1/4 mile times from the Mustang GT also. Can you buy results from them too? Grow up and face reality.

Also, you never mentioned the great top speed of the GT being 139!!!

Okay, here's where I caught you with your pants down and your pale white ass glowing....

You state that, ".....once you get older and wiser you relize that we have speed limit laws in this country and if you don't want to have your license taken away, you want a little luxury in your cars....."

Then you complain about a top speed of 139 mph. So which is it dicky? Do you like to go fast or not? You are contradicting yourself left and right.

Besides, any bonehead knows that a Mustang GT can easily go faster than 139 mph on the top end. But who gives a shit? This discussion is about ACCELERATION, not top speed.

Mustang drivers live their life a 1/4 mile at a time
Old 08-10-2002, 12:39 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

That's what I mean, they don't know what the consumer wants.
Yet another stupid statement, Rips. Last time I checked the Mustang has outsold the CL every year by a HUGE margin.

Don't look now, but the CL is in danger of being cancelled altogether. Why? I dunno..... I guess maybe Acura doesn't know what consumers want.

Your argument is weak.

Looks like Ford does know what the consumer wants, based on their sales numbers.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Blah, blah, blah.... yet you still didn't show me a $35,000 car that runs 12's bone stock. I'm still waiting.
Did you even read my post?? I said MY FRIEND HAS A COBRA KIT CAR THAT COST LESS THEN 35K AND HE WOULD BE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT CAR!!!

Your Cobra does 12.9, his car is in the 11's!

If you have your eyes closed reading these posts, I guess you will be waiting forever!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Unregistered Member

Did you even read my post?? I said MY FRIEND HAS A COBRA KIT CAR THAT COST LESS THEN 35K AND HE WOULD BE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT CAR!!!

Your Cobra does 12.9, his car is in the 11's!

If you have your eyes closed reading these posts, I guess you will be waiting forever!
And did you read MY post?

I said to show me a $35000 car that can do 12's bone stock.

A kit car is a kit car. You can put any engine in them. They are not production cars.

Okay, let me rephrase my question for idiots such as yourself, so that you cannot skate around the question.

Show me a BONE STOCK, REGULAR PRODUCTION CAR, that I can go out and buy tomorrow that will run in the 12's in the 1/4 mile that costs less than $35000.

I'm still waiting.......
Old 08-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Yet another stupid statement, Rips. Last time I checked the Mustang has outsold the CL every year by a HUGE margin.

Don't look now, but the CL is in danger of being cancelled altogether. Why? I dunno..... I guess maybe Acura doesn't know what consumers want.

Your argument is weak.

Looks like Ford does know what the consumer wants, based on their sales numbers.
You are funny tommy boy. Just how many M3's are sold yearly? I guess BMW doesn't know what the consumer wants!

The cost of the car, that's why people buy mustangs. And your bunching all Mustang models together! You know, those cheap ones that sell for 15K.

Do you think you will find very many people in here buying your comments......your in the Acura CL section STUPID!

Oh, I sorry, I just noticed where you were from....that says a lot.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Grls lov shiftn my stick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

And did you read MY post?

I said to show me a $35000 car that can do 12's bone stock.

A kit car is a kit car. You can put any engine in them. They are not production cars.

Okay, let me rephrase my question for idiots such as yourself, so that you cannot skate around the question.

Show me a BONE STOCK, REGULAR PRODUCTION CAR, that I can go out and buy tomorrow that will run in the 12's in the 1/4 mile that costs less than $35000.

I'm still waiting.......
Yes, I read your post, and no where did it say production car!! BONEHEAD!!

You said show me a 35K car, and I did.....

Guys, is this dude for real!! You told me about him, but I didn't believe......now I do!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:22 PM
Banned

I like comfy, sporty cars. The stang is a rattle trap. Also the CL-S is everything I wanted plus it can hit 150 without any problems. There is a speed limiter right at 150 which prevents it to go any faster on the autos at least.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Yes, I read your post, and no where did it say production car!! BONEHEAD!!

You said show me a 35K car, and I did.....

Okay bonehead, whatever.

Using your logic, I can show you a $10,000 car that runs 9's. Big Whoop.

I thought you were smart enough to realize that we were talking PRODUCTION cars here. I guess not though...

So now that I've explained it to you, I'm still waiting.......

YOU CAN'T DO IT, CAN YOU? LOL.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:27 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Production cars. Z28. TRANS-AM will hit 12s stock. And they are Normally aspirated power, unlike Ford lol.

Oh, let's see here. We have cars that are a V6 that hit same times or better than the current GTs. Some even have 4 doors (Maxima 6spd, Altima 5spd). I rather have one of those to carry the family in, and still spank the rattle cage ford stangs which have always been the slowest V8 out since the muscle car was born.

Okay bonehead, whatever.

Using your logic, I can show you a $10,000 car that runs 9's. Big Whoop.

I thought you were smart enough to realize that we were talking PRODUCTION cars here. I guess not though...

So now that I've explained it to you, I'm still waiting.......

YOU CAN'T DO IT, CAN YOU? LOL.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Unregistered Member

You are funny tommy boy. Just how many M3's are sold yearly? I guess BMW doesn't know what the consumer wants!

You're the one that says that Ford doesn't know what the consumer wants, not me. Last time I checked, Mustangs and CL's were both intended to sell as volume sellers. The M3 is not intended to be a volume seller. You want to compare the mainstream volume car from BMW? Okay, fine. Compare the sales of the 3-series BMW to the Acura CL. Guess what? Acura loses again, big time. Face it, you can try to twist the argument, but you lose every time.

The cost of the car, that's why people buy mustangs. And your bunching all Mustang models together! You know, those cheap ones that sell for 15K.

Oh, okay, but it is okay for you to compare a $30,000 Acura to a $50,000 BMW M3? You're such a fool. Like I said, you contradict yourself over and over again.

Do you think you will find very many people in here buying your comments......your in the Acura CL section STUPID!

Acura forum or not, most people here can plainly see that you're wrong on nearly everything you say.

Oh, I sorry, I just noticed where you were from....that says a lot.

Got a problems with New Yorkers?
Old 08-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Production cars. Z28. TRANS-AM will hit 12s stock. And they are Normally aspirated power, unlike Ford lol.

Wrong. Z28 Trans-am does not run 12's stock. You're on crack if you think they do.

Old 08-10-2002, 01:31 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Acura CL was never intended to be a volume seller, the TL was. You don't even have your facts straight again.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Ummm sorry but they do. I use to own a 99 TA, I have friends that own many, and they ran at the track bone stock and ran high 12s. at 105-107mph.

Wonder why the FBODYs always embarras the mustangs in a race?

Wonder how I saw a LS1 6spd kill a SALEEN last night and it was stock. Hmmmmm.

Sorry dude, you obviously don't know your right from your left about cars.
Old 08-10-2002, 01:34 PM
Unregistered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What the?

Originally posted by SilverBullet

Acura CL was never intended to be a volume seller, the TL was. You don't even have your facts straight again.
You're just as stupid as Rips.

The CL was intended to be a volume seller. Acura NEEDS the CL to be a volume seller. Because it is not, it is in danger of being cancelled.

The NSX is NOT intended to be a volume seller, just like the M3. If the NSX was intended to be a volume seller, it would have been gone years ago.

Quick Reply: Racing GT Mustangs