RACED A TYPE S for 9 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RACED A TYPE S for 9 miles

well most of you know I got a new job and today was my firstday. And of course the only thing i hated was that it'z almost a 30 mile communit. back roads to toll roads. any wayz when i was driving home today around 6:10 i was paying toll to get on the toll road. but before that I noticed a black CL-S marlyand tags no spoiler in front of me. he had a smart tag ( those things u prepay toll so u don't have to stop) so i thought okay im gonna try to catch up to him. but as soon as I paid my 25 cent toll w/ a 20 cuz i droped the quarter last minute while i was fiddling around w/ it in line. It took awhile and the toll lady looked pissed cuz of all the change she had to give me. but as soon as I was done I gunned the mofo looking for the black type S. but I had my sun roof opened and heard a vtec noise. almost like mine. as soon as i looked in my passenger side mirror I saw the HID"z and road lampz. i was like wat da!
guess he waited. First I lowred my window to talk to him but he refused. so we both revved our engine and I could tell he dropped it to SS cuz of his engine nosise. we both take off and weave in and out of traffic. he/she also had a passenger and I could tell that they were staring at my car and pointing fingers. like saying my car'z lowred and to look at my roadlampz. but i didn't give him much chance to see that. only my rear end and my spoiler. I was in front 85% of the time and i noticed he gunned it but he kept chickened out around 90. also this was in rush hour traffic. Oh and in the middle of the road was the service road to get to the air port and copz where pulling people left and right. saw 2 cars get pulled over. but since those 4foot tall cement walls i knew all he could do is watch us fly by. any wayz we raced for about 9 miles from herndon to mclean and i had to let him win cuz he had a smart tag and I had to pay money to stop. in conclusion i think it doesn't matter wat kind of car u have the more important factor is the driver in road races. If it'z anyone on this post hey letz go for lunch tommrow.! 703-980-2378

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers soon now that I have a JOB again. hehe

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load.
Old 01-17-2001, 10:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
but be careful out there!

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Muds
Wheel locks
35% Llumar metallic tint
Best 0-60. 6.08 Gtech Pro (Preheaders)

My Car
Old 01-17-2001, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Why don't you start typing like you had an ounce of brains? Da this, da that... Is your car phat? Are you creeping? Is your crip clean? Grow up. How do you expect anyone to respect you if you can't speak as if you had a high school education? I would never hire anyone who spoke like that.

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either.
Old 01-17-2001, 11:12 PM
Rx Master

I dot know waht it is, but when u see the same car as your own, and someone else is driving it, it makes u wanna race it. I dont know what does it, but i get that feeling everythime i se a cl-s or cl-s or even a maxima cause i used to drive one. > I just want to smoke them to show then wahts up

WG

------------------
The SILVER STREAKER CL-S no navi, spoiler, tint all around, moonroof visor,
indaglo emblom, ACURA.CL.com stickers, eurolights fog lights, bel 950 radar detector, and 2 chamber flowmaster exaust
coilovers or springs to come soon 501+ posts makes me a freak on the old Cl page.

Old 01-18-2001, 01:32 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuckyCL:
Why don't you start typing like you had an ounce of brains? Da this, da that... Is your car phat? Are you creeping? Is your crip clean? Grow up. How do you expect anyone to respect you if you can't speak as if you had a high school education? I would never hire anyone who spoke like that.

</font>

There are plenty other people on this forum that are way more thought less with there posts. I think you need to take a chill pill...

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-18-2001, 01:44 AM
w.t.f., mate?

</font>
Damn, what crawled up your ass today Lucky?

------------------
~Phil~!
2K1 CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia! Quantum tint, hyper-white road lamps, and I just got a spoiler on baby!! Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector. Beautiful shine provided by Meguiar's Gold Wax. Shuttup, I know it's not Zaino

Former post count : Over 470
Old 01-18-2001, 01:46 AM

</font>
Dude, relax, he's just posting a story. This isn't a english and grammar board ya know?!

Old 01-18-2001, 01:55 AM
Advanced

Lucky,

How old are you? I'm 47. I think the same thing when I see the grammar but I realize that this it what young kids do today. Eventually the young kids will be doing the hiring so they won't hire us

Good thing I don't work anymore.

------------------
South Jersey: 2001 Acura CL-s Gold with navi/spoiler/splashguards/V1/w/cdu
stock 1/4 mile 14.698sec@95.91mph
Atco Raceway 12/1/00
Old 01-18-2001, 01:55 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Where's NJTypeS when you need him???

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 01-18-2001, 01:57 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gto2050:
Where's NJTypeS when you need him???

</font>
Speeking of NJtypeS, what happen to him? Did he get put in jail or something?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Nose Mask/Mud Guards/Wheel locks/
Comptech Springs & Filter/PIAA 1969/20% Tint/Acura lettering removed/
12in Sub with AMP/Dynomated Trunk/Sub control under dash/
Clifford G4 Solaris Alarm
Old 01-18-2001, 02:21 AM
I love my G sedan

Interesting story you have told, but still be careful and don't drive too fast on a crowded road.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

lucky, chill dude. damn. it was a good post, don't slander it!

------------------
YuppieCL
'90 Accord LX
'01 3.2CL Type S
#6487, Satin Silver, Navi, Spoiler, Comptech springs, 35% Llumar window tint, Full nose mask
PhotoPoint Pics!
Old 01-18-2001, 10:15 AM
Instructor

It was a good fictional post. I'm 22. It doesn't have to be a grammer class to speak like a human. What? Is it suddenly not cool to be educated? We have to imitate the dregs of humanity? Nova... let me ask you this... Do you ever watch The Real World on MTV? Do think what they wear is cool... pardon me... I mean "phat." I have an idea... why don't speak like a human for one month and see if people start treating you differently? Do you think people will think less of you if you use semi-proper grammer and noth this queer inner-city ghetto kid slang? We have one fo the best cars on the road out there for < $35k. That is a "less than" symbol by the way, for those of you who failed third grade math. Start acting like you actually have the opposable thumbs and required 100 IQ points to operate it.
Lets make a deal... you speak like a human for one month and get back to me... and I will dress up like one of those Real World losers on MTV. You khow... the ones that wear the 1950's puke green silk shirts, and the clown shoes.

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either. No fat chics.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by URIRx98:
I dot know waht it is, but when u see the same car as your own, and someone else is driving it, it makes u wanna race it. I dont know what does it, but i get that feeling everythime i se a cl-s or cl-s or even a maxima cause i used to drive one. > I just want to smoke them to show then wahts up

WG

</font>
When I see someone driving a CL-s I feel that we are on the same team and don't try to race. It's the guys that drive for the other team that I go after. (Yes I am ignoring the petty shit on this post).

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 01-18-2001, 10:55 AM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Newsflash Lucky, slang isn't just "inner-city" anymore. Welcome to the new Millenium, and get a grip. I'm more of a stickler for grammar than you will ever hope to be, but there's a time and a place for everything....slang included.

BTW, if you were looking for a qualified applicant for whatever job...would you be looking for her/him here?

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 01-18-2001, 11:02 AM
Advanced

u guys crack me up!!!

------------------
01 Silver S-type with navigation and spoiler..comtech springs/clear bra (3M)/viper 550 hf with remote start/more to come..
Old 01-18-2001, 11:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SmoothJyzz:

BTW, if you were looking for a qualified applicant for whatever job...would you be looking for her/him here?

[/B]</font>
Hmmm... You have raised an excellent point. I think some head hunters and execs. meet/acquaint themselves with people here.

Networking through whatever means is a good way to "hook-up" with people who can help with jobs. People have ended up with great jobs through even stranger encounters... (Just a thought.)

Old 01-18-2001, 11:05 AM
Racer

It's all about team work fella's. Let's not attack each other.
Cain't we all just get along?

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
Old 01-18-2001, 11:09 AM

Eric: Actually, I think you're right. I know that I found a job while posting some answers to the PeopleSoft newsgroup. I stand corrected on that point. ;0

------------------
Old 01-18-2001, 11:40 AM
Racer

We have one fo the best cars on the road out there for < $35k. That is a "less than" symbol by the way, for those of you who failed third grade math
</font>
It looks like you failed your third grade English class. Exactly what is 'fo'??? Oh, just a typo, huh? Well if you're gonna go around bashing people's intelligence you might want to proofread your damn posts!!

------------------
Black/Parch '01 CL-S no-navi, Spoiler, Visor (currently removed for winter), 35% tint, locks, PIAA19170
Old 01-18-2001, 12:54 PM
Instructor

There is a difference between a typo and intentionally sounding like a cretin. Don't know what a cretin is?
http://www.dictionary.com
New millennium? Give ma a break... Is that what's cool these days? Sounding like an inner city ghetto loser? If it is, I don't want any part of it.
Here is a news flash (From Foxnews, the only conservative national network) People judge you by the way you speak... if you speak like a dreg they will assume you are a dreg. Thats the way it is.

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 01-18-2001, 12:54 PM
Adult Supervision

My thoughts (as if you care!):
1) racing in heavy traffic is very bad stuff. If you got locked up and your car sold at auction I would say serves you right
2) You will generally suceed more in life if you take the time to present yourself in the best light possible at all times. Good grammer/spelling helps. But that is a personal choice and we obviously have a mix of people here.
3) I am still dying to know what "phat" means and where it is derived from
4) I really wish NJtypeS would join this thread - now that would liven things up!

------------------
MikeS 18 - '01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT, only 2 scratched rims
Old 01-18-2001, 01:05 PM
Instructor

There is a difference between a typo and intentionally sounding like a cretin. Don't know what a cretin is?
New millennium? Give ma a break... Is that what's cool these days? Sounding like an inner city ghetto loser? If it is, I don't want any part of it.
Here is a news flash (From Foxnews, the only conservative national network) People judge you by the way you speak... if you speak like a dreg they will assume you are a dreg. Thats the way it is.

</font>

What is the point of all this criticism? In all seriousness, most of the members come to the board to talk about their car and experiences in it. I don't feel that anyone should be pre-judged for the way they type or write on something that is meant for entertainment/sharing knowledge purposes. If it irks you so much, LuckyCL, then don't read the posts that have the "ghetto-grammar" in it. And in all honesty it has nothing to do with "coolness" points, so just get off it.

NOVAwhiteTypeS... ya know your mah boy...

------------------
'01 CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Black Ebony
Old 01-18-2001, 01:09 PM
Racer

Give ma a break... Is that what's cool these days?
</font>
"Give ma a break". Do you know what PROOFREAD means? While you're over at dictionary.com looking up all of your big words to use you might want to look that one up also. Or perhaps you're just a slow learner. So for the SECOND time: If you're going to come here and insult our intelligence then be smart enough to proofread your posts! Really - it makes you look like as big of a hypocrite as Jesse Jackson.

------------------
Black/Parch '01 CL-S no-navi, Spoiler, Visor (currently removed for winter), 35% tint, locks, PIAA19170
Old 01-18-2001, 01:36 PM
Adult Supervision

I'm betting a buck that says we are working on our first locked thread here on the new board....

------------------
MikeS 18 - '01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT, only 2 scratched rims
Old 01-18-2001, 01:59 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

As NJType-S is not in sight and to please who are asking his contibution to this thead
Here you go ... (Take it with a grain of salt, please...):
I guess, NJType-S would go like this:
" F..... those who are bitching about English... What kind of language is this any way... it's just banch of some farmers who used to live in Europe at on time and decided to call what they spoke english.....

Please tell me who is the first literate who came up with English Grammer, anyway? Never came to tour mind?......, so shut up!"

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 01-18-2001, 02:30 PM

Uhhh...you mean Grammar?

Actually, before they even hear you speak, people judge you by how you look!

Anyway, racing in the city is crazy as ...well...crazy, ya might kill yourself or someone else period. [:-)

------------------
Old 01-18-2001, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

what?

------------------
2001 Type-S, Silver, Nav,
Old 01-18-2001, 04:00 PM
Suzuka Master

It was a good fictional post. I'm 22. It doesn't have to be a grammer class to speak like a human. What? Is it suddenly not cool to be educated? We have to imitate the dregs of humanity? Nova... let me ask you this... Do you ever watch The Real World on MTV? Do think what they wear is cool... pardon me... I mean "phat." I have an idea... why don't speak like a human for one month and see if people start treating you differently? Do you think people will think less of you if you use semi-proper grammer and noth this queer inner-city ghetto kid slang? We have one fo the best cars on the road out there for < $35k. That is a "less than" symbol by the way, for those of you who failed third grade math. Start acting like you actually have the opposable thumbs and required 100 IQ points to operate it.
Lets make a deal... you speak like a human for one month and get back to me... and I will dress up like one of those Real World losers on MTV. You khow... the ones that wear the 1950's puke green silk shirts, and the clown shoes.

</font>

WTF!. the only reason why i type like that is because it lets me type faster. u know shorter keys faster typeing. anyways. I don't talk like that I only type that way. Oh and yes I only have a high skool education and Im maken 60+. 2nd year im out of high school. So what higher education isn't for everyone. I barely graduated high school not because I'm dumb its because I didn't try and didn't enjoy going to school.

Jeez the things people say. I havn't been monitoring this forum for the past hours because I've been working. When I saw the response to this post I thougt it would be commments on the story not about my "grammer, education and " other shit that's none of your GoD DAMN F'ing bussiness.
WTF LUCKY. Go take the STICK out of YO ASS.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.

Old 01-18-2001, 04:40 PM
Instructor

Do you mean faster, or "Phaster?" Typing "da" instead of "the" is faster? How much faster? A whole tenth of a second? Is your schedule that busy, you need to shave off a tenth of a second? Come up with something better...

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 01-18-2001, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Mike, where are you. I think it is time for you to use your moderating nazi powers and lock or delete this post.

------------------
I am not a newbie
Old 01-18-2001, 04:52 PM
Pro

Actually I don't believe the story is fictional. Just my little 2k. =)

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
- no navi
- spoiler
- mudguards
- wheel locks
- full front mask
- fenderwell and door trim
- soon Comptech springs and sways
- very soon 35% tint side, 20% back
Old 01-18-2001, 05:23 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by P-Man:
...Really - it makes you look like as big of a hypocrite as Jesse Jackson.

</font>
Ouch!!! But true.

I'm feeling like cr@p today and this has at least made me smile abit.

------------------
<A HREF="http://rrw.d2g.com" TARGET=_blank>The Red Rocket
</A>
Old 01-18-2001, 05:27 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MikeS 18:
I'm betting a buck that says we are working on our first locked thread here on the new board....
</font>
I'll take that buck.. Still not locked..
another thread has been locked already though.

------------------
2001 Satin silver CL-S
- no navi
- spoiler
- mudguards
- wheel locks
- full front mask
- fenderwell and door trim
- soon Comptech springs and sways
- very soon 35% tint side, 20% back
Old 01-18-2001, 05:32 PM
uu
Burning Brakes

give Nova a break, he is just sharing his story. this is acura-cl.com... as long as we understand, it is fine. take it easy, don't have a cow dude!

hey, we should be fighing against is300 rather each other, hehehe..

------------------
2001 Stock Black/Black CL Type S
Old 01-18-2001, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Do you mean faster, or "Phaster?" Typing "da" instead of "the" is faster? How much faster? A whole tenth of a second? Is your schedule that busy, you need to shave off a tenth of a second? Come up with something better...

</font>
when your typing 80+ words a minute thinking and typing at the same time every tenth of a second counts. u try typing up something and not trying to forget any detail. you'll be typing fast too not to miss any thing. that is if you can type. Wat the hells your beef ? what got you started? just wondering and maken sure u ain't no lunitic hanging around this fourm.

------------------
CL-S

Old 01-18-2001, 07:49 PM
10th Gear

Going back to the question of racing other Type S's, I think it happens because both drivers know what the car can do. When I used to drive a 911 everyone, incuding dump truck drivers, wanted to race. You could guarantee that they would floor it and dump the clutch every time. With the Acura 99.9% of the people have no idea that it is a high performance and so do not push it. Other Type S drivers do know.

------------------
That's all for now folks,
  • Silver type S
  • Spoiler
Old 01-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Regarding the 911s being raced by everyone --yep! Then, I remember the early days of BMW 2002s and Porche 356s. Everybody was racing, and would flash lights at every chance.

I was going to suggest light flashing for members, until someone mentioned the "Gang" thing (re -- flash lights and get shot. Oops, bad idea).

Actually, I think (my opinion) that some car owners really don't have a clue what their car will or won't do...
Old 01-18-2001, 10:41 PM
Racer

</font>
Haha I started to read this, and I could'nt read anymore after the first sentence.

Ever heard of PARAGRAPHS?

------------------
Old 01-18-2001, 10:43 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
Speeking of NJtypeS, what happen to him? Did he get put in jail or something?

</font>
Last I heard he got pulled over with an oz of weed. He's been arrested for possession and intent to distribute. his's type-s was impounded

------------------

Quick Reply: RACED A TYPE S for 9 miles