raced 328i

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh well, maybe its cause u got new tires, all i know is first, when it snows like a few years back, no one comes to shovel our snow on the streets so theres like 4 inchs of snow/ice on the ground, i took neighbors' 740 out to pick up her kids, i was going like 25-30mph down the hill then all of a sudden the car just looses control, i was like oh shit dont crash dont crash. The whole way driving to her school(only like 10 min drive) the car skidded at least 6 times. Right after that, I took my old camry to school just to compare and the car only skidded once. Thats the only time I've personally driven a bmw on snow. But people tell me their bmw is bad in snow, the traction control dont even help, etc. My best friend ended up getting a range rover for the snow since he cant use the z3 in snow. He traded his range rover in for an X5 last winter and he swears that thats the best SUV ever. hehe I think so too, I told my parents to get us an X5 for the snow but they ended up giving us their old RX300, grrrrrrr
Old 11-14-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro

Originally posted by yayaya143
oh well, maybe its cause u got new tires, all i know is first, when it snows like a few years back, no one comes to shovel our snow on the streets so theres like 4 inchs of snow/ice on the ground, i took neighbors' 740 out to pick up her kids, i was going like 25-30mph down the hill then all of a sudden the car just looses control, i was like oh shit dont crash dont crash. The whole way driving to her school(only like 10 min drive) the car skidded at least 6 times. Right after that, I took my old camry to school just to compare and the car only skidded once. Thats the only time I've personally driven a bmw on snow. But people tell me their bmw is bad in snow, the traction control dont even help, etc. My best friend ended up getting a range rover for the snow since he cant use the z3 in snow. He traded his range rover in for an X5 last winter and he swears that thats the best SUV ever. hehe I think so too, I told my parents to get us an X5 for the snow but they ended up giving us their old RX300, grrrrrrr
Geez, what do your/ parents do for a living that they can just give you "an old RX300"?

Must be nice to be able to drive a CLS for like 8 months and get an M3 when wanted...Can your parents adopt me?
Old 11-15-2001, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Geez, what do your/ parents do for a living that they can just give you "an old RX300"?
haha, well my dad owns his own business and my mom is a VP at salomon smith barney. They suck though, I wanted to get an S4 but they wouldnt let me. They said the car is too small and if I crash, i'll die. Thats one reason y they like the CL cause they are big. Yet they wont get me a mercedes because they think I am too young for nice cars even though i tell them mercedes are much safer than acuras. I don't consider myself lucky or be in an above average family, I have friends that gets new vettes/bmws for presents.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:36 PM
BMW Owner

...They suck though, I wanted to get an S4 but they wouldnt let me...

...I don't consider myself lucky...
You're gonna get flamed for that...

For example, someone might say "I can't wait until your punk ass gets out of college with a 2.1 gpa and nobody's hiring and you have to work at Starbucks and drive a '95 Neon"...
Old 11-15-2001, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by cakennedy

You're gonna get flamed for that...

For example, someone might say "I can't wait until your punk ass gets out of college with a 2.1 gpa and nobody's hiring and you have to work at Starbucks and drive a '95 Neon"...
haha well actually, my school's average starting salary for my major was $55k a year last year. I am getting about $41k just being an intern right now. So if everything goes well, i wont be driving any neons. hehe
Old 11-15-2001, 01:36 PM
Instructor

haha well actually, my school's average starting salary for my major was $55k a year last year. I am getting about $41k just being an intern right now. So if everything goes well, i wont be driving any neons. hehe
opps pressed submit too fast again, so anyways, even though u guys probably all make 2, 3 times more than I do or will make, I think with my education/degree, i wont be that bad off when im out of college. Besides I'll get my dad's business anyways.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:43 PM
Banned

You boys gettin a little off-topic. Take it to ramblings.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:56 PM
Banned

So your racing your dads car right now? (The CLS?)
Old 11-15-2001, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by M5 Lite
So your racing your dads car right now? (The CLS?)
no the car is mine. I dont live with my parents. Me and my sis have a house together.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:40 PM
Down The Of System

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excuse me Sir..... Do You Have Any Grey Poupon?????
Old 11-21-2001, 10:05 PM
Pro

Damn, what kind of business does your dad have? I mean, I personally know several Exec. VP's from Chase, Morgan Stanley ( but depending what dept), and even with a $300K per year salary, it would be focken tough to own all those vehicles, live in a nice house ( I assume), and then buy my kids a house on top of that. Man, I need to quit my job and do what your pops does.

If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you?

Oh yeah, answer the damn question...do you or don't you have any Grey Poupon?
Old 11-22-2001, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by AC
Damn, what kind of business does your dad have? I mean, I personally know several Exec. VP's from Chase, Morgan Stanley ( but depending what dept), and even with a $300K per year salary, it would be focken tough to own all those vehicles, live in a nice house ( I assume), and then buy my kids a house on top of that. Man, I need to quit my job and do what your pops does.

If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you?
haha well I am chinese. Thats the thing, we don't have a nice house. We came from hong kong a few years ago, and apartments in hong kong are really small, so when we saw the houses here, they were huge to us. My parents just gave us the 1st house they bought here. Cant be worth more than maybe $300k. Anyways, my dad owns a few auto shops. Plus he has an import/export company. I dont consider us having alot of cars. I have a CL that im paying for myself, my parents bought my sis her CL and they gave us their old RX300, thats all.
Old 11-22-2001, 09:44 PM
Banned

haha, well my dad owns his own business and my mom is a VP at salomon smith barney. They suck though, I wanted to get an S4 but they wouldnt let me. They said the car is too small and if I crash, i'll die. Thats one reason y they like the CL cause they are big. Yet they wont get me a mercedes because they think I am too young for nice cars even though i tell them mercedes are much safer than acuras. I don't consider myself lucky or be in an above average family, I have friends that gets new vettes/bmws for presents.
Your saying that your making the payments on the CL, but then your saying here that <snip>'they wont get me a mercedes because they think I am too young for nice cars'<snip>

Time to cut the BS and stop giving yourself a 'I do it myself' ego. Which one is it?
Old 11-22-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro

Your saying that your making the payments on the CL, but then your saying here that <snip>'they wont get me a mercedes because they think I am too young for nice cars'<snip>

Time to cut the BS and stop giving yourself a 'I do it myself' ego. Which one is it?
Hmmmm, good point! Yeah, what's the real deal here.
Old 11-23-2001, 10:03 AM
Instructor

Heres the deal. My parents are very strict, everything has to be their way. If I get something that they dont like, they'll make me return it or throw it away. I respect my parents alot. So before I get anything "big", I ask my parents. When I was deciding what car I want, I asked if its ok for me to get an S4 or an SLK, they said no. Then I ran into the CL and asked them, they said acuras are fine, as long as you dont get a type S. I do pay for all my stuff, its just I ask them before I buy anythign big like more than like $500 maybe, just to show that I still care about what they think. Like I have always wanted to be in the air force and I got accepted to Air Force Academy, but my parents didnt want me to go, so I threw away my dream, just cause I believe they gave birth to me, without them I wouldnt be here. So whatever they want, i'll try my best to do. Yes you guys might think im dumb or something, but I would do almost anything to make them happy. And I wont let small things like a car to get inbetween our relationship.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:13 AM
Suzuka Master

We came from hong kong a few years ago...

Like I have always wanted to be in the air force and I got accepted to Air Force Academy, but my parents didnt want me to go, so I threw away my dream,
Interesting, but how much research did you do into the Air Force Academy requirements??

Outside of the scholastic and moral (subjective...) requirements there are further issues when a International student applies. I do assume that you would fall into the International area since as you stated, you and your family moved from Hong Kong a few years ago. From what I understand all International applicants must meet the same requirements as domestic but also have a letter of recommendation from their country's Minister of Defense. Not something easy to come by!!
Old 11-26-2001, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by scalbert

Interesting, but how much research did you do into the Air Force Academy requirements??

Outside of the scholastic and moral (subjective...) requirements there are further issues when a International student applies. I do assume that you would fall into the International area since as you stated, you and your family moved from Hong Kong a few years ago. From what I understand all International applicants must meet the same requirements as domestic but also have a letter of recommendation from their country's Minister of Defense. Not something easy to come by!!
I am a US citizen so there was no problem there, also you need a senator's recommandation which i got, like I said before, I got accepted, passed all tests, everything was set. 4 yrs of free education, instead of now paying over $125k for my school.