Question for WayneG/Park Ave ACURA

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 03:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for WayneG/Park Ave ACURA

Wayne,

my friend has a 99 TL that had some damage done to the bumper, apparently in a hit and run. (His car was parked, next day he notices that bumper is slightly hanging off.) He brought it to a shop (generic, non Acura) to have it replaced. Insurance adjuster came out, appraised the damages,etc. Anyway, it's been a week and a half of him driving around in a rented Corolla (ouch!) and he called the shop today only to be told that the part (the bumper) was not in yet. I've been trying to convince him to take it you guys since he probably would have had his car by now. Is that a fair assessment and is there anything I could tell him to convince him to have his car serviced by Park Ave instead of some shady (IMO) local shop?

Thanks

------------------
I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
General Patton
Old 04-26-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well... besides factory trained techs, inventory of factory parts, competitive prices, and a willingness to help, I really don't know of what else you would want. We don't provide loaners for accident problems, but can help arrange with enterprise for an insurance rental if need be. Often times, insurance companies take time to get their act together, and we can't afford to tie up a loaner for weeks at a time. As far as parts are concerned- we do stock the most common sheet metal and trim. Anything we are out of, we can order and ususally have in 1 to 2 days. Often times, delays are caused by the insurance company taking a long time to get the adjuster out to see the car or making arrangements for repair.I hope your friend gets his done soon. If he would like to bring it here after its done, I'll be glad to have someone check it for him and make sure it was done ok.

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
Old 04-26-2001, 03:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Wayne, I appreciate your input. I'll let him know what his options are.

Thanks again!

------------------
I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
General Patton