Question for Dean or anyone else who has...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 02:35 PM
Riders on the Storm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Dean or anyone else who has...

Question for those who have tinted their tail lights...

I just got my "tint" in Oracal 8300 series ( just like Dean used but the lighter one). I was wondering if anyone else has used it? Was the light visiblity deminished much? I know i will find out as soon as I do this mod. but was wondering how others have liked/disliked results, removed due reduced light visability.

I plan on putting it on my fog light (02's) and top half of tail lights (like on Dean's)

Thank for the input
Old 10-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Riders on the Storm

Oh and what recommendations do you have for cleaning/preping the surface other than just washing? Thanks
Old 10-29-2003, 03:32 PM
Riders on the Storm

^^^^^
any1?
Old 10-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I can help you out here.

The light is not deminished that much at all--I have the darker tint and the turn signal and reverse bulbs light up perfect through it.

I do not know how they will effect the fog lights, though.

As far as what to clean with--soap and water...then just dry it off and you will be good to go. I can tell you this---TAKE YOUR TIME on the tails as it is a bit of a pain due to the complex curves on them, but if you take your time everything will come out killer!

Look forward to seeing on someone elses car!!

Dean
Old 10-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Riders on the Storm

just finished putting it on my fogs. I need to spend more time on it though. the fogs came out pretty good, i need to work them a little more though. I used a hair dryer cause i don't have access to a heat gun and the film stretched a bit and it was tough to get the bubbles out. Oh well it's not noticable until you get up close anyways.

Lights off it looks good against the car since it's black, but i wish it came in an even lighter color. With the lights on there's a noticable difference, the PIAA's have lost very little brightness IMO, but the gained a slight yellow hue.

The tails lights will have to wait until the weekend. I try them out first and fuct up the film. I think i am going to try and make a templete for the film to cut it out easier fopr application. BUt dean you are right it need to be done slowly and carefully.

I think this weekend i am going to redo my fogs (and actually take them out/apply film/put back in, and then do the tails.

Sorry i don't have a digicam, but i will try to roll out to the next So Cal meet and maybe someone can hook it up with a shot or two

Thanks for the advise Dean, and sorry this post is soooo long