Question to all V1 believers (little long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 10:57 AM
CL Type-S Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to all V1 believers (little long)

Hi Everybody.
Here the story for all you Valentine1 freaks.
Last night around 9:30 pm I was driving on Belt Parkway doing like 70 not more then that. Usually at this time there almost no traffic. I have my trusted V1 ON and I’m absolutely confident. As I was about to pass Verezano Bridge I see a cop parked on the off road rest area (my V1 is not showing a thing, not a blink) so being confident that cop probably seating there eating his donuts I drive by him not slowing down. 2 second later I see him taking off the parking lot and getting on my ass with all his fucking 20 lights on. We stop, he comes over my car and goes that I was doing 65 in 50 I tell him that I was pacing a traffic and why he pick me out of other 5 cars driving next me. The fuck just goes back to his car wrights the ticket, comes back to me and tells me, here is you ticket. The actually speed was 64 not 65. I was like what ta fuck 65 now 64 are you sure you had me at you radar in the first place. He starts giving me a lecture about driving. After like 2 minute of B/S he leaves.
The BIG question to everybody is. Do you really thing he got me or it was complete B/S he just needed the extra ticket to meet the quote for the months or he just wanted to check out my Acura CL-S

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
20% titanium tint
Navigation
K&N Air Filter
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Old 02-01-2001, 11:13 AM
Adult Supervision

I can't really say for sure but I would think that he probably did not clock you. I have not heard of a type of radar which is totally invisible to V1 radar. You might pose this question to Mike at the V1 site.

Cops around here leave their radar on all the time so I know they are within 1/2 radius and don't even see instant on guns being used. I think maybe you got screwed - but I am not sure what you can do about it now. Ask the lawyers on the board - we have a couple.

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 02-01-2001, 11:20 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must be the new "Z band" that Hillary passed into law. Sounds bogus-he probably knew you caught him eating donuts.......that was good for 64 right there.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:38 AM
Adult Supervision

You could look at it this way: you have sped hundreds of times and not gotten caught. This time you were actually speeding and he might not have the real proof, but...

Kind of like getting a beating from your dad cause he knows you did something wrong, he just doesn't know exactly what yet!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no money!
Old 02-01-2001, 12:04 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

If he is using a laser gun to clock you .. you may not be able to detect his lasing bbeam.. if he pointed at your rear lisence plate, V1 may never have a chance to notice it!

This is why cops sometimes laugh at those who use radar detecters when cops are lasing all the time....

------------------
Bare Bone Stock Type-S. Plenty of accessories. PIAA 19169 to be installed soon.
Old 02-01-2001, 12:10 PM
Team Owner

I never had that happen to me.
I think he could probably tell that you were doing more then 50 from past experience and he was just filling his quota.
Remember that yesterday was the last day of the month.

The closest I ever came to getting nailed was when I was the #1 car in a pack coming around a corner or under a bridge and having the cop hit me with INSTANT-ON RADAR.
The sound the V1 makes when this happens could WAKE THE DEAD.

Did you ask to see the speed readout in his car ???
Not that this would get you off, but it might mean something if/when you decide to fight it.

Were there any lines painted on the road?
Maybe he got you with VASCAR by timing you in between the lines.
There is NO-WAY to electronically defend against this unless you spot the car in time.

They use VASCAR pretty much here in PA on the local roads, so I know to slow down whenever I see a cop even if the V1 is dead silent.

Or maybe LASER.
If he hit you in a spot on the car that was away from your detector you are screwed.

I would say take it to court and see what happens.
If he doesn’t show up, you’re off the hook.

Shawn S

------------------
>>> 400+ posts on h/a.net <<< >>> 550+ posts “freak” on the “old” acura-cl.com <<<

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
For Pictures see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 02-01-2001, 12:18 PM
CL Type-S Owner

If he was using the radar gun should he tell me about that? Also the pig said that he got me on radar. Plus I looked and his car and he had nothing mounted on it ...I don't think that was it.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
20% titanium tint
Navigation
K&N Air Filter
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Old 02-01-2001, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Maybe he hit you with laser...
What about those hosed they put accross the road, and time how long it takes for one set of wheels to hit each one? At night you won't see it until you're on top of it. Or if he was really tricky, he couls put it near some expansion spaces on the road and you would never notice it. You might wonder why those cracks were bumpier than the others, but then you're toast.

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either. No fat chics.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:04 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
this dude bit off my name :angry:

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"

pays to be young and crazy

99 3.0 CL
55 Chevy Suburban (chopped, dropped, tubbed and FLAME RETARDENT!!)

58 Eldorado Biarritz
Old 02-01-2001, 01:43 PM
CL Type-S Owner

If I would go to court anybody thinks I have chance to win thing one?

Sorry CLpower

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
20% titanium tint
Navigation
K&N Air Filter
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Old 02-01-2001, 01:52 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLS_power:
If I would go to court anybody thinks I have chance to win thing one?

Sorry CLpower
</font>
If in doubt... ALWAYS plead NOT GUILTY!

If you go without a lawyer... at best youll get it reduced. At absolute best... reduced to a fine & no points.

If you go with a lawyer... you can get it dismissed.

All they care about is the money... so if you fight it they will be happy with just getting a fine.
Old 02-01-2001, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Cops don't always use their speed guns. They actually don't have to. A lot of cops around my area just use their visual guessing techniques which pisses me off because they always lie...but what are you going to do. It is your word against a cops. They do not have to even show you the gun with your speed...so he could just say yes I was using my gun but actually was not. It was the end of the month so..maybe he just needed to write out a ticket.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, hiper/piaa bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, and AEM CAI.
Old 02-01-2001, 03:02 PM
Racer

I didn't want to tell the story before because I thought that possibly I forgot to turn the sound up on my V1 and was pulled over but now I know I didn't make a mistake. I was travelling in the opposite direction on the Belt Pkwy and was also pulled over. I was zipping along as I normally do. I was doing 80 mph on the belt and I thought that I was as safe as could be. Actually the V1 makes you feel almost invincible. I had three people in the car, two girls and one guy, then it happened. Lights in my rear view mirror, the blue and reds most of us have seen. First thought was shit I was doing 80 and I knew it, and what the hell happened to the V1???? Not a sound and not a flash. So I choked it up, went to get my wallet and registration. I turned the V1 off and the navi too. He said "do you know how fast you were going? I said no. He said I was doing 80 and I apologized, saying Sir at every chance. He asked if I was from the area and although I live in Queens, I have Jersey plates and said I was just dropping friends off and I didn't know the area, it was 2:00 AM. Try sayin that with the navi on and you'll get a lot of funny looks, not know the area, yea whatever. I didn't know it at the time but there was another cop standing on the passengers side just looking in. He told me that I should pay attention to my speed and asked how fast people normally drive in Jersey and I just let the question slide. It was no time to talk back. He said that I endangered him and his family's well being by speeding because to catch me doing 80 he had to go 100mph. I wanted to say so don't come after me but that would've been pretty stupid, so I held it in. In the end he said to just said to watch my speed, and to make sure that snow doesn't accumulate on the roof of the car, I didn't brush it off at all that day. No ticket guys, but I'm not sure why, I know that I was in the wrong by 30 mph or so. He stopped me for speeding but I don't have a clue as to why the V1 didn't go off, my passengers know that I live by that thing. I might actually go back and look for clues now and see what might be up, this time I'll be a bit lighter on the gas.
Old 02-01-2001, 03:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
First, are you sure you V1 has laser detection. There are V1s without Laser detection. That would explain why.

Second, if it was Vascar, they usually use marks which are on the road. Usually they are 9 feet long white lines that are perpendicular to the shoulder lines. They appear 3 times at a certain fixed distance. This is usually done by using a plain. Vascar is more acurate that way. I have not heard of Vascar used by a cop in a car probably because where I live is toally flat.

Third, if a cop is telling you that you were doing x speed then you have the right to ask for proof. If he used radar, you can ask to see the it. But he can say that he paced you. Then you are screwed.

In my opinion, if a cop caught me and I was really speeding, then I would not ask for proof just in case I still have a chance to get by, by being nice.

------------------
Gabriel
CL Type S
Old 02-01-2001, 04:19 PM
Adult Supervision

The interesting point here is that the cops were pretty dead-on with the speeds in these two instances. There might be something going on here. Mercury - next time through, try to see if you see anything which explains this. OR, drive about 90, get stopped and ask the question...

------------------
Old 02-01-2001, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Around here Route 222 North aka the Road to Nowhere, there is s sigh saying "Speed Enforced by aircraft." Its been there for 20 years.
Am I the only guy on here who never got pulled over?

------------------
2001 CL Type S.
No spoiler. No NAV either. No fat chics.
no "phat" chics either.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:05 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
If in doubt... ALWAYS plead NOT GUILTY!

If you go without a lawyer... at best youll get it reduced. At absolute best... reduced to a fine & no points.

If you go with a lawyer... you can get it dismissed.

All they care about is the money... so if you fight it they will be happy with just getting a fine.
</font>
I agree, I've heard you should always put not guilty on the ticket, don't pay the fine, and request a court hearing. why?
#1 good chance cop won't show up, then you're off w/ no points, no fine
#2 if the cop does show up, he may offer you a lesser violation w/ lower fine, lower points, before you even go before a DofJ or Judge.

Last year I was clocked doing 57 in a 40. I requested a hearing, and before we would have went into "the chambers", the trooper said "how about if i just give you 6mph over the limit?" i said ok, signed a few papers, agreed to slow down in the future, and had my fine reduced by about $40 and only got 2 points on the license instead of 4.

------------------
'99 2.3CL 5-spd. Black w/ spoiler, fogs, Wheel Locks, Mudguards, CD & Cass, and a CoPilot Digital Compass.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Get a k40 laser difuser...... I'm from NY also and there are plenty of laser traps on the NJ Parkway. I have not run across any on the belt pkwy. The laser difusers are a good way to defeat laser but cost bucks. One guy quoted me $250 installed in front. I guess you need one in the back also ($500 total). This is still not 100% protection unless you get jammers........ good luck.

------------------
01 Silver 3.2CLs
Old 02-01-2001, 05:34 PM
CL Type-S Owner

Hey UDMechE!
Where was the hearing PA?
I never heard of NY cop offering you a deal !! They also show up to the hearings

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
20% titanium tint
Navigation
K&N Air Filter
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Old 02-01-2001, 05:52 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLS_power:
Hey UDMechE!
Where was the hearing PA?
I never heard of NY cop offering you a deal !! They also show up to the hearings

</font>
It was right in Quakertown PA (south of allentown) at the District Justice's office. a little rinky dinky place.
Yeah, i never knew of the "deal" option either until a friend of mine told me he did it. then after i got my ticket i spent some time searching yahoo for ways to beat tickets and that was what a lot of people recommended doing. Even if i wasn't offered the deal, i've heard that if you tell the judge that it was your first offense, and you're a careful driver (bs bs bs) he might let you off the hook.

------------------
'99 2.3CL 5-spd. Black w/ spoiler, fogs, Wheel Locks, Mudguards, CD & Cass, and a CoPilot Digital Compass.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Hmmm.... I've sure seen a lot of ticket stories. AND its the end of the month.

Does anyone get the connection?

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ Navi.
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
Old 02-01-2001, 11:02 PM
jit
Instructor

doh! just ordered my V1 w/ concealed display last night... this post makes me sad.

arent the cops required to ask you if you want to check their reading? (at least here in GA) I got pulled over twice before, once with radar, and once with laser. the radar cop asked if i want to look at the reading. dont remember if the laser cop asked.
Old 02-01-2001, 11:35 PM
Racer

Had to be 2 cops and they clocked/timed you between the two stakeouts. V-1 would have warned you otherwise. That's the only thing I can figure--can't detect a stopwatch, and can't outrun a Motorola!!

------------------
CL-S PDG, TR Typhoon Wheels, Solaris 9005, guards, nose mask, V-1 & remote.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...493&p=31386570
Old 02-02-2001, 12:17 AM
Race Director

Not legal advise, but I have to throw in my 2 cents because some very important points have been missed.

CLS_power got his ticket at 9:30pm on the East coast so I'm assuming it was dark. Vascar does not work [so well] in the dark and no cops would waste his time trying to time with lines/bridges/headlights in the dark. It wasn't Vascar. Airplane and helicopters don't clock cars at night, that a huge waste.

Laser cannot be used from [completely] inside of the patrol car. If you did not see a window open or the door open or the officer outside, it wasn't laser.

It cannot be radar. Your V1 would detect it. If it cannot detect it, his radar is not working properly on the correct/approved frequency. That along will get you off. No police dept is that stupid. No V1 alert? Probably wasn't radar.

Looks like you got the shaft. He guessed your speed (some cops are that good), wrote you a ticket, and you can challenge that in court. My guess is there isn't a single state in the country that recognizes guessing your speed (i.e you need some sort of speed measuring).

But the ticket must somehow indicate how you were clocked. Either it says explicitly (pace, radar, etc) or it cites a statue that will indicate so. Failure to do so will most likely get you off. Cops don't have to show misdemenour traffic violators nothing. They don't have to verbally tell you anything. It's too unsafe to get in and out of vehicles on the road and if I were a cop, I wouldn't want [irate] you in my car anyway. All the proof is in court, sorry.

Don't count on cop not showing. This is where you need to check your court proceedings. If you plead not guilty and you don't hear from the DA with positive news, the cop will probably show up. If he has written 20 tickets, all of you violators are probably scheduled for that one day, he'll be there. This is revenue, why would he not show? Your best bet is plea-bargain. Every place has got it. Here in Kansas, you pay double the fine, and they forget they even saw you, no questions asked (unless there were unusual circumstances, i.e. you talked back big time, alcohol, excessive, school/construction zone). There is a time adn place for pleading guilty. Usually the plea-bargain requires a guilty/no contest plea and if you plead not guilty, you had better get prepare to do battle. Why would the city attorney just lay back and let citizens come into court and run things their own way? You'll probably lose on a not guilty plea unless you have the facts.

It is the end of the month, many people get paid (and have money to spend on tickets before they buy booze/cigarettes) so cops write more tickets around payday, too. Cops aren't stupid. They aren't going to write bogus tickets and forget about it hoping you are going to respond or whatever. That's stupid.

Just because you speed all the time doesn't mean you deserve one now. I wouldn't take it. I've been thru at least 10,000 speed traps and the dozen or so tickets I did get, I was speeding and I knew it when I was caught (radar detector went off, cops up my ass in the rearview mirror, or I saw the airplane overhead). Only that 1 Vascar ticket I got in Wisconsin was I miffed. What else could I do? Using my Visa card, I plea bargained over the phone. Never, never did I get plucked out of the blue without any signs. That's BS and I would fight it.

P.S. Cops laugh a radar detector drivers because they know instant on will always win and one cop even told me "I don't care if you have one. I catch enough speeding people [in a day] who don't have one." A catch is a catch....

[sorry so long]

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *

* 500 posts on h/a.net *** 400 posts "insane poster" on the "old" acura-cl.com *

[This message has been edited by kensteele (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-02-2001, 12:30 AM
Team Owner

Great post Ken many excellent points were made.

I would like to hear comments on this post from our resident “Man in Blue” that posts here once and a while.

“Gizmo”….Are you out there ???????

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER ZR-360 w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Shine by ZAINO
Old 02-02-2001, 09:12 AM
CL Type-S Owner

Hey kensteele!
Great post. After reading you words of wisdom I'm sure I will be going to court to fight this f-top ticket. I will defiantly post the result of the outcome.
Thanks everybody for your input.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
20% titanium tint
Navigation
K&N Air Filter
Wheel Locks
Splash Guards
Old 02-03-2001, 02:01 AM
Intermediate

Just got back. As I was reading this post I decided to stay out of it, but since you asked. Here is my slant on this issue. I got my call sign Gizmo from being a gadget guru. If there is a new electronic toy out there, I am usually the first on the block to have it, whether it’s a moving map GPS or the latest Palm Top. That being the case, in all my years, I have yet been able to find myself investing good money on a radar detector. Understanding the laws of physics, chance, and the good old laws of Murphy, I didn’t believe the investment would be worth it. My best friend proved this theory to me years ago. He had a detector and continually got tickets until he got rid of it. He is a mad man behind the wheel. (Why would I hang with him if that the case, hey he’s my best friend. Beside he willing to pay the fine if he does the crime). I always believed that if you knew the area you drove in, you should know when to drive fast and when not to anyways. I never understood the reason behind having a detector, especially after becoming a cop.

Four years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to become a cop. It was the second thing I always wanted to do after being a pilot. To tell you the truth its one of the most fun and interesting jobs there is. Like flying, I can’t believe they pay me to do it. It is just like what you see on those police video shows.

Now I can’t speak for all cops. If there is one thing about cops, we each have are own way of doing things. Being a smaller department you don’t see the sort of things that some of you are describing. All the cops I know operate under I higher standard. In all the fun, we do have a job to do. Now as an officer I can’t officially condone speeding. I will say I hold others to the same standards that I hold myself. Before law enforcement I had received two tickets. Both times I paid those tickets with out wining about the cop who gave them to me. I expect the same from those who receive a ticket from me. I won’t say how I handle violation from 1 to 15 miles in excess, but from 15 to 20 your open game for at least a warning. Anything over 20 and why wouldn’t you expect to get a ticket.

It is true that we are trained and certified to be able to visually determine the speed of a vehicle within 5 mph. I can now do it within 1 or 2mph. Like any thing else if you do it enough it becomes second nature. I personally won’t issue a ticket unless I have backed it up with laser. Laser is pinpoint accurate and gives me the speed and the distance of the target. Which brings up the two problems I see with a detector. First I don’t even have to activate my Laser until I believe I have visually acquired a speeding target. This means that if you do have a detector there is nothing to detect at first. Second, once I do use the laser, it activates in a fraction of a second, making it too late for the driver to react. I believe this is why I constantly stop vehicles, which have a detector.

Now about the court issue. In our department we are required to be present, for any tickets which are contested. This 4 hour call back paid at time and a half is very lucrative for me, as I am usually in court for about 15 to 30 mins at the most. Still I have few tickets contested, because when I issue a ticket, I use a strict personal criteria. When I issue, I am 110% sure about the ticket. Anything less and I won’t even think about stopping the car. There are too many fish in the sea to need to. In the last four years I have failed to lose a ticket in court because of this factor. I not saying you can’t win. There has been a case or two when a person has caught a brake from a judge and got their ticket reduce or terminated. In those rare cases the defendant threw themselves at the mercy of the court and cried poverty or something. I personally don’t consider the judge’s prerogative as loses for me. More power to the defendants.

Finally, if you were wondering, we don’t have required quotas to fill. Traffic enforcement is just one of the many responsibilities we have when time permits.

If you would like further insight feel free to ask.

------------------
2001 CL-S Red/Ebony w/Nav
Old 02-03-2001, 03:02 AM
Team Owner

Thanks for the honest answers Gizmo.
You sound like one of the good ones.
It seems that CLS_power had a run in with one of the bad ones.

Your description of the operation on the use of LASER is exactly as I had heard.
Detectors will only give you advance warning that you are about to get pulled over.

Now I understand why the officer usually shows up for court.
For 4-hours OT, I would be sure to be there too.
Kind of hurts the overall revenue generated by the ticket though.

Thanks again,
Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

Old 02-03-2001, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kensteele:
Not legal advise, but I have to throw in my 2 cents because some very important points have been missed.

CLS_power got his ticket at 9:30pm on the East coast so I'm assuming it was dark. Vascar does not work [so well] in the dark and no cops would waste his time trying to time with lines/bridges/headlights in the dark. It wasn't Vascar. Airplane and helicopters don't clock cars at night, that a huge waste.

Laser cannot be used from [completely] inside of the patrol car. If you did not see a window open or the door open or the officer outside, it wasn't laser.

It cannot be radar. Your V1 would detect it. If it cannot detect it, his radar is not working properly on the correct/approved frequency. That along will get you off. No police dept is that stupid. No V1 alert? Probably wasn't radar.

Looks like you got the shaft. He guessed your speed (some cops are that good), wrote you a ticket, and you can challenge that in court. My guess is there isn't a single state in the country that recognizes guessing your speed (i.e you need some sort of speed measuring).

But the ticket must somehow indicate how you were clocked. Either it says explicitly (pace, radar, etc) or it cites a statue that will indicate so. Failure to do so will most likely get you off. Cops don't have to show misdemenour traffic violators nothing. They don't have to verbally tell you anything. It's too unsafe to get in and out of vehicles on the road and if I were a cop, I wouldn't want [irate] you in my car anyway. All the proof is in court, sorry.

Don't count on cop not showing. This is where you need to check your court proceedings. If you plead not guilty and you don't hear from the DA with positive news, the cop will probably show up. If he has written 20 tickets, all of you violators are probably scheduled for that one day, he'll be there. This is revenue, why would he not show? Your best bet is plea-bargain. Every place has got it. Here in Kansas, you pay double the fine, and they forget they even saw you, no questions asked (unless there were unusual circumstances, i.e. you talked back big time, alcohol, excessive, school/construction zone). There is a time adn place for pleading guilty. Usually the plea-bargain requires a guilty/no contest plea and if you plead not guilty, you had better get prepare to do battle. Why would the city attorney just lay back and let citizens come into court and run things their own way? You'll probably lose on a not guilty plea unless you have the facts.

It is the end of the month, many people get paid (and have money to spend on tickets before they buy booze/cigarettes) so cops write more tickets around payday, too. Cops aren't stupid. They aren't going to write bogus tickets and forget about it hoping you are going to respond or whatever. That's stupid.

Just because you speed all the time doesn't mean you deserve one now. I wouldn't take it. I've been thru at least 10,000 speed traps and the dozen or so tickets I did get, I was speeding and I knew it when I was caught (radar detector went off, cops up my ass in the rearview mirror, or I saw the airplane overhead). Only that 1 Vascar ticket I got in Wisconsin was I miffed. What else could I do? Using my Visa card, I plea bargained over the phone. Never, never did I get plucked out of the blue without any signs. That's BS and I would fight it.

P.S. Cops laugh a radar detector drivers because they know instant on will always win and one cop even told me "I don't care if you have one. I catch enough speeding people [in a day] who don't have one." A catch is a catch....

[sorry so long]

</font>
Great post. I think one of the best post about speeding tickets.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.