power seat tilting does not work

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
power seat tilting does not work

Sometimes it does not work, sometimes it moves a bit and then stops.
I also noticed that it might be related to humidity(its really humid around here). After driving with A/C for a while, it began working fine. But it keeps happening occasionally. The switch seems to be ok, I hear electric click, and then motor seems to move and then stall. Sometimes it only moves one direction. Its sucks! Dealership will rape me again ….
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same....I second this...

I have the same issue...unfortunately, I'm out of warranty to go back and get it fixed/replaced.

It doesn't matter how or what is run in order to get it working again, it just does. Hope someone can provide some help here other than, "Go ahead and get it replaced"....that'll be a nice $3k replacement...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by falabarce
I have the same issue...unfortunately, I'm out of warranty to go back and get it fixed/replaced.

It doesn't matter how or what is run in order to get it working again, it just does. Hope someone can provide some help here other than, "Go ahead and get it replaced"....that'll be a nice $3k replacement...
Yeah, it seems to be intermittent. Sometimes it does not work only in one direction(lets say forward), so I have to move it backward and then forward, and all of a sudden it works. Sometimes it only moves a bit, and then motor stops...
Today I almost thought it broke completly, it was only adjusting backward, I was driving and was afraid I will tilt it back so much that it will be dangerous to drive. But then it started working. Today was supper humid, I wonder if A/C removed all the humidity and motor started working again...

I will go to dealership when it fails completly... I think it will run around $500-600 at the minimum, this time I am calling customer care.
this car has way too many problems, never had so many problems with 4 year old car.....
Old 07-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car is almost 3 years old 54,000 miles and no problems so far.........................

I have seen your posts before for various problems, in fact you only seem to post when something goes wrong????. I think you beat the shit out of your car.

Maybe a Yugo is a better car for you...............
Old 07-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chevyjase
My car is almost 3 years old 54,000 miles and no problems so far.........................

I have seen your posts before for various problems, in fact you only seem to post when something goes wrong????. I think you beat the shit out of your car.

Maybe a Yugo is a better car for you...............

when you dont hear from me it means my car and I are happy.
how can you beat the shit out of a seat? :-)