power loss & engine shutsdown, why why!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy power loss & engine shutsdown, why why!!!!

it started as erratic engine revs , stumbling and engine shutoff in cold weather
i do not know what it is but this crap keeps happening, at first when i got the car if happened usually after i got gas or on a very cold day==the car just stumbles and u pretty much have to hold the trottle down to prevent it from shutting off. it happened five or six times . The Dealer said i needed to buy gas from other gas stations (Bad Gas syndrome) but i have always used premium 92 octane . So i bought some gas cleaner and octane booser. seemed to solve the problem, so i would do this any other time this happened.

But recently this method has stopped to work as a matter of fact the last two occassions i do the the same thing & i soon as step on the accelerator to the rpm stumbles and then suddenly revs to 6k ish after which the check engine light comes on and stays on. Took the damn thing to the dealer, he says it had a misfire code, "bad gas" and my engine was working on four cylinders due to the fact that the computer had shut two of them down to avoid pinging. This was just last week. they cleared the code and reset my engine and sent me off. fiine , everything seemed ok.

Then yesterday after driving the car for about 45 mins racing and passing folks on I-270 the same exact thing happened again, mind u, i did not buy any gas in the past few days ,check engine light came on , drove it around for a few minutes and then noticed a significant loss of power, maybe its the engine computer deactivating the other two cylinders, but just to make sure i drove it real hard not shifting till i rev pass 5k ish to see if the IMAC /secondary intake was going to open, it did. but still same shi* , terrible power loss and shifts like shit too.
02 cl type -s @ 50K miles

SB tell, me smth.................

are our cars that sensitive to weather and gas quality. WTF
Old 02-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poisx7
it started as erratic engine revs , stumbling and engine shutoff in cold weather
i do not know what it is but this crap keeps happening, at first when i got the car if happened usually after i got gas or on a very cold day==the car just stumbles and u pretty much have to hold the trottle down to prevent it from shutting off. it happened five or six times . The Dealer said i needed to buy gas from other gas stations (Bad Gas syndrome) but i have always used premium 92 octane . So i bought some gas cleaner and octane booser. seemed to solve the problem, so i would do this any other time this happened.

But recently this method has stopped to work as a matter of fact the last two occassions i do the the same thing & i soon as step on the accelerator to the rpm stumbles and then suddenly revs to 6k ish after which the check engine light comes on and stays on. Took the damn thing to the dealer, he says it had a misfire code, "bad gas" and my engine was working on four cylinders due to the fact that the computer had shut two of them down to avoid pinging. This was just last week. they cleared the code and reset my engine and sent me off. fiine , everything seemed ok.

Then yesterday after driving the car for about 45 mins racing and passing folks on I-270 the same exact thing happened again, mind u, i did not buy any gas in the past few days ,check engine light came on , drove it around for a few minutes and then noticed a significant loss of power, maybe its the engine computer deactivating the other two cylinders, but just to make sure i drove it real hard not shifting till i rev pass 5k ish to see if the IMAC /secondary intake was going to open, it did. but still same shi* , terrible power loss and shifts like shit too.
02 cl type -s @ 50K miles

SB tell, me smth.................

are our cars that sensitive to weather and gas quality. WTF
in addition to this Dealer tells me to stay away from octane booster (104), and injector cleaners as they destroy the seal on our injector seals, is this true??? anybody.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:04 PM
H22 Black Ack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for kicks, See if you have a dent in your oilpan.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by thirdrail-1
Just for kicks, See if you have a dent in your oilpan.

thanks, but if i may ask , how does that relate to lossing power and engine runnibg on four cylinders instead of 6.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by poisx7
thanks, but if i may ask , how does that relate to lossing power and engine runnibg on four cylinders instead of 6.

I was running on 4 cylinders once, was the dealers fault, and I drove for a while like that, serious loss of power with all the fuss, was getting spanked by every car out there. But the car never shut off. take it to a different dealer and explain what was done...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rondog
I was running on 4 cylinders once, was the dealers fault, and I drove for a while like that, serious loss of power with all the fuss, was getting spanked by every car out there. But the car never shut off. take it to a different dealer and explain what was done...

thanks, i was begining to think , wooah i will never gonna get a comment or an opinion. its just that it keeps happening over and over.do u know why ? is it bad gas, dirty value or dirty tank
Old 02-22-2005, 02:53 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like someone put weedkiller in your gas tank...you may need a new engine...